+ Post New Thread
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; I reversed the location setting in web.config so that I can access startup.aspx. Evertime I click save I get this ...

Thank Post
    I reversed the location setting in web.config so that I can access startup.aspx. Evertime I click save I get this errror:

Server Error in '/hap' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Setup.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +77
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +153
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3706

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

My view of the strtup.aspx is different to the one in the installation video: tabbed not sections, but that is just a theme setting, I guess.
    Still getting the IIS7 Integrated pipeline red cross.
    Whenever I try to add an OU in the AD -> Active Directory User List OUs section I receive a "Message from webpage" - "Internal Server Error"
    DavidR

Thank Post
    That's a odd error. Sounds like HAP+ is finding an issue processing your AD Schema. Please see HAP+ JSON Debugging to debug the Internal Server Error Message

Thank Post
    Bit of a thread revival as i'm trying to setup the new version (still on version 6.2 ) as a fresh install and having a bit of a problem...

I'm having a problem with the active directory browser part of setup when i try and select the students group, the list just doesn't display anything. This is using IE9, if i try google chrome i actually get a popup telling me "There is something wrong in your AD infrastructure" have i missed a step anywhere? I've tried two domain admin usernames and passwords but nothing seems to be working.

EDIT: Forgot there was a forum section for this!!! I just searched through my history to find this haha!
    Last edited by mrbios; 9th March 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Thank Post
    Double post, don't know what happened there

Thank Post
    Odd, you may have to manually enter the group names, looks like HAP+ isn't happy parsing your AD tree, doesn't stop you manually entering details though

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Odd, you may have to manually enter the group names, looks like HAP+ isn't happy parsing your AD tree, doesn't stop you manually entering details though
    Not sure if it's linked to that issue but i also get an "internal server error" whenever i try to edit the settings for the "Access my Emails" buttons on the "Homepage" settings section. I can remove, edit and add any others, but the two email ones i can't change.

Code:
    <Fault xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/envelope/none"><Code><Value>Receiver</Value><Subcode><Value xmlns:a="http://schemas.microsoft.com/net/2005/12/windowscommunicationfoundation/dispatcher">a:InternalServiceFault</Value></Subcode></Code><Reason><Text xml:lang="en-GB">Sequence contains more than one matching element</Text></Reason><Detail><ExceptionDetail xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.ServiceModel" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><HelpLink i:nil="true"/><InnerException i:nil="true"/><Message>Sequence contains more than one matching element</Message><StackTrace>   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
       at HAP.Web.Configuration.LinkGroup.get(String name)
       at HAP.Web.Configuration.LinkGroup.Remove(String name)
       at HAP.Web.API.setup.RemoveLink(String group, String name)
       at SyncInvokeRemoveLink(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]&amp; outputs)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)</StackTrace><Type>System.InvalidOperationException</Type></ExceptionDetail></Detail></Fault>
    Is that any use?

EDIT: Never mind, i can see why this is, because both links are called "Access My Emails" and it's treating both as the same link. Changed one of them to "Access My Email" and now it works in the setup program.
    Last edited by mrbios; 9th March 2012 at 03:38 PM.

Thank Post
    Tbh i it was a bit of hit and miss with me .

I always enter it the manual way ! , which i prefer any way

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    Tbh i it was a bit of hit and miss with me .

I always enter it the manual way ! , which i prefer any way
    Where do you enter those?

thanks

Thank Post
    After you have hit the setup page for the first time, just browse to ~/app_data/hapConfig.xml and edit the file directly

10. Thanks to nickbro from:

reggiep (12th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks, I shall take a look.

Thank Post
    I'm trying to install v7.10, I posted my problem in the "Server Error in '\HAP' application" thread - any ideas?
    link to post: ww.edugeek.net/forums/home-access-plus/82669-server-error-hap-application.html#post836918
    (still unable to put links in posts, sorry)

Thank Post
    I'm trying to install v7.10, I posted my problem in the "Server Error in '\HAP' application" thread - any ideas?
    link to post: ww.edugeek.net/forums/home-access-plus/82669-server-error-hap-application.html#post836918

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin_il View Post
    the link: Server Error in '/HAP' Application.

Thank Post

** solved **

Quote Originally Posted by calvin_il View Post
    when working on web.config to try fixing the previous error I saved it as a .txt file and that's why it didn't work.

Thank Post
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but this is where google took me.
    I've started doing a test install of HAP V9 (with the included V9.7 upgrade zip) and got as far as testing the installation. So far I've commented out the lines due to the fact I'm running Server 2012 with IIS8, and I've attached a screenshot of the system.webserver line I've had to comment out because that itself was causing issues with the page loading. Now I get this error (second screenshot attached). At first I didn't have ASP.NET installed, I've since done that and restarted the server and still got the same issue with the page loading.
    Note, this is on a virtual machine on my workstation.
    Home Access Plus+-commented-line.pngHome Access Plus+-error.png

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread