+ Post New Thread
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Originally Posted by andymacfarlane Hi all I have found some time and installed HAP, I have installed it on our ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andymacfarlane View Post
    Hi all

I have found some time and installed HAP, I have installed it on our CC4Anywhere where server which is a 2003 R2 Terminal server. I followed the install pdf as U-Tube is blooked in school, I am getting an error. When I go to the site address I enter the log in information for one of our domain accounts and I get the following :

Hope someone can help, Andy

Server Error in '/CLJSIntranet' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8007052e): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    ]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +438
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +31
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +78
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll () +9
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntr y root, String userName) +153
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(Direc toryEntry root, String username) +35
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser (String username) +10
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +195
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUs erInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +136
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserA llowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +268
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollecti on.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +203
    System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter (Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +217
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +213
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    A bind error is an issue with your username/ password that you are using, or, an issue with your LDAP settings - first off I would check these - if you search through this thread there have been multiple issues to do with this that I and others have given answers to.

If needs be pop up a copy of your web.config file (remove the 3 password entries) and I'm sure someone will take a look

2. Thanks to sister_annex from:

andymacfarlane (7th April 2011)

Thank Post
    I'm currently testing Home Access Plus for remote file access and I'm really liking it.

A couple of bugs I've found, although I don't know if this is down to my particular set up (IIS7.5) is that it seems to change the "Date Modified" time stamp to the current time on all the folders that are on view.

The other minor thing is that it doesn't seem to allow uploading of files with an "&" symbol in the filename.

Thank Post
    For the '&' issue try the fix here: Home Access Plus&#43

Not sure about the date modified time, all I can think of is that HAP+ does do a security check (I think) and that may cause the time to change

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    For the '&' issue try the fix here: Home Access Plus&#43

Not sure about the date modified time, all I can think of is that HAP+ does do a security check (I think) and that may cause the time to change
    Thanks, I should of said I have already done that fix so +'s are fine just uploading documents with &'s in them being the issue. It's a pretty minor issue, the date modified time being the main one I'd like to try resolve if possible.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashm View Post
    I'm currently testing Home Access Plus for remote file access and I'm really liking it.

A couple of bugs I've found, although I don't know if this is down to my particular set up (IIS7.5) is that it seems to change the "Date Modified" time stamp to the current time on all the folders that are on view.

The other minor thing is that it doesn't seem to allow uploading of files with an "&" symbol in the filename.

Hap should be converting & into ^ for downloading files, I will check. With the Date Mod on folders, this is HAP+ checking if the user can read/write to the folder, it creates and then deletes a temp file. It was the easiest way of testing permissions. (Enhanced version only)

Thank Post
    Hi All

Sorry I am still having trouble with trying to get HEP to work on our RM CC4 install I have installed it on our Anywhere Server, @sister_annex says it is a bind error.
    I watch the install and config videos last night as I can't access them in school, it looks all right; however the Videos are for version 4 not the latest.

Bellow is the web.config file, I am not sure what is going on. The AD OU structure is as Establishments>COU>(System Administrators/Teaching Staff/Non-Teaching Staff).
    I hope someone can point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks, Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    try changing

Code:
          <ouobjects>
            <add name="Admins" path="LDAP://cou-svr-001.courtlane.internal/{0}OU=System Administrators,OU=COU,OU=Establishments,DC=courtlane,DC=internal" />
            <add name="Teaching Staff" path="LDAP://cou-svr-001.courtlane.internal/{0}OU=Teaching Staff,OU=COU,OU=Establishments,DC=courtlane,DC=internal" />
            <add name="Non-Teaching Staff" path="LDAP://cou-svr-001.courtlane.internal/{0}OU=Non-Teaching Staff,OU=COU,OU=Establishments,DC=courtlane,DC=internal" />
          </ouobjects>
    to

Code:
          <ouobjects>
            <add name="Admins" path="LDAP://cou-svr-001.courtlane.internal/OU=System Administrators,OU=COU,OU=Establishments,DC=courtlane,DC=internal" />
            <add name="Teaching Staff" path="LDAP://cou-svr-001.courtlane.internal/OU=Teaching Staff,OU=COU,OU=Establishments,DC=courtlane,DC=internal" />
            <add name="Non-Teaching Staff" path="LDAP://cou-svr-001.courtlane.internal/OU=Non-Teaching Staff,OU=COU,OU=Establishments,DC=courtlane,DC=internal" />
          </ouobjects>
    Everything else looks fine (I think!)

HTH

9. Thanks to sister_annex from:

Thank Post
    Hi Mark

I have just tried that and it still does not allow me to log in, it is a strange one as if I enter a fake account it just keeps up the log in box. So it must be authenticating with AD, I am stumped :-(

Thank Post
    Wierd...

Have you got Integrated Authentication or Anonymous turned on? If it is it should be off, only Basic should be ticked...

12. Thanks to sister_annex from:

Thank Post
    Check the IIS settings, check that you are using basic authentication, with the default domain supplied.

Check the web.config, looking for <Allow Roles="CHS Extranet" /><Deny Users="*" />, change CHS Extranet to Domain Admins

14. Thanks to nickbro from:

Thank Post
    Thanks @nickbro and @sisterannex I have looked at the IIS settings and they look right, I changed that entry in the web.config file. Sadly it still is not working :-(

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andymacfarlane View Post
    Thanks @nickbro and @sisterannex I have looked at the IIS settings and they look right, I changed that entry in the web.config file. Sadly it still is not working :-(
    hmmm....

I'm stumped, all your settings look right, are you sure you have got the right username and password.

Thank Post
    Hi all, here's a HAP+ 6 dev update:

• New ComputerBrowser API [Done]
      • Includes: Better upload script
      • SOAP based web service
      • Windows Quota Use (needs a service to be installed on the file server you want HAP+ to get quota info for, e.g. for home directories, I've installed it on our primary server)
        <quotaservers> <addexpression="\\chs01\{0}.$"server="chs01"drive="h:" /> <addexpression="\\chs01.crickhowell.internal\{0}.$"server="chs01"drive="h:" /> </quotaservers>
    • Separation of code into multiple dll's (HAP.Web.Configuration, HAP.Data, HAP.Data.SQL, HAP.AD, HAP) [Done]
    • Addition of HAP User Card (will be adding a quota progress bar to it) [Done]
    • Tracker API changed from text to .net WebService (more secure and more reliable) [DONE]
    • Replace API in the Silverlight Browser to using the .net WebService [1%]
    • More WPF compliant Silverlight My Computer Browser (currently uses a lot of older methods for rendering, this should make it quicker) [1%]
    • More threading on the Silverlight Browser [1%]
    • The ability to choose either an XML or MS SQL Provider for the logon tracker [DONE]

Thank Post
    Sorry to bring it up again but is there a way I can change the layout of the calendar on the room booking page? I would like to change the x and y axis so that the rooms are listed across the top and each row is a separate period. Thank you :-)

Thank Post

TS Remote Apps in HAP+

Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    First day back, just got around to updating, thank you very much for the last update nickbro im very happy with how ours looks now
    @mrbios - Would you be kind enough to share how you got your remoteapps integrated into HAP+? What URLs do you use for each application? Have you needed to implement URL Rewriting at all?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread