+ Post New Thread
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Originally Posted by rpain OK - quick question. How do I change the year numbers? Instead of 7-13 we'd like ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rpain View Post
    OK - quick question. How do I change the year numbers? Instead of 7-13 we'd like KG,PP, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8
    Using notepad, or visual studio open ~/bookingsystem/bookingpopup.ascx

Find:
    Code:
    <asp:DropDownList runat="server" ID="BookYear" Width="60px"><asp:ListItem Value="">--</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>7</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>8</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>9</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>10</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>11</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>12</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>13</asp:ListItem></asp:DropDownList>
    Change each of the ListItems to the new items.
    Last edited by nickbro; 1st April 2011 at 06:38 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi all, here's a HAP+ 6 dev update:

• New ComputerBrowser API [75% done]
      • Includes: Better upload script
      • SOAP based web service
      • Windows Quota Use (needs a service to be installed on the file server you want HAP+ to get quota info for, e.g. for home directories, I've installed it on our primary server)
        <quotaservers> <addexpression="\\chs01\{0}.$"server="chs01"drive="h:" /> <addexpression="\\chs01.crickhowell.internal\{0}.$"server="chs01"drive="h:" /> </quotaservers>
    • Separation of code into multiple dll's (HAP.Web.Configuration, HAP.Data, HAP.Data.SQL, HAP.AD, HAP)
    • Addition of HAP User Card (will be adding a quota progress bar to it) [90% done]
    • Tracker API changed from text to .net WebService (more secure and more reliable) [DONE]
    • Replace API in the Silverlight Browser to using the .net WebService [not started]
    • More WPF compliant Silverlight My Computer Browser (currently uses a lot of older methods for rendering, this should make it quicker) [not started]
    • More threading on the Silverlight Browser
    • The ability to choose either an XML or MS SQL Provider for the logon tracker [DONE]

3. 2 Thanks to nickbro:

linkazoid (5th April 2011), sister_annex (3rd April 2011)

Thank Post
    Which service nick? Or is it one you have written to accompany hap?

Thank Post
    Written to accompany HAP+. Though you can use the service outside of HAP+, it's just a WCF service. The actual service exe is 9kb big. It runs on TCP port 8010/11. To see what it's like you can check out the latest HAP+ source code checkin.

It is optional!! It has to be enabled on the UNC Drive Mapping

Thank Post
    I'm struggling to to get URL Rewrite configured correctly to allow users to launch rdweb applications (hosted on a different server) directly from HAP+. Can someone who has this working please give me some pointers?

I've created a Reverse Proxy URL Rewrite rule but when testing I get '502 - Web Server received an invalid response' errors.
    Last edited by gybe78; 4th April 2011 at 03:05 PM.

Thank Post
    @sister_annex

Installed a completely new instance and only changed the web.config where it needed it, all working well now :-) Thanks!
    I don't support the Booking System "Import from SIMS" is working is it? Would like to use this great feature but I know it was on hold for a while... That's probably a question for @nickbro.

Thanks for the app. Our Maths department told me today it's a godsend and they love it!

Thank Post
    Don't thank me for HAP+ I don't make it lol I just try and do my bit to support it so that @nickbro can do the best at getting HAP+ working at it's best

As for the booking system, we have a bespoke system in house, so we don't use it and have had no reason to set it up... sorry

Thank Post
    I have thanked you a few times nick but let me say again what a BRILL ! program for free

I imagine if you even sold this for £50 a school licence you would get many schools intrested

I have had it running for a while now and on average get between 10-50 logins a day

I even have it mapped so the ICT teachers can access the kids work . Saves them a lot of hassle Taking home lots of paper and saves the Trees !

Well done for such a great program !

Thank Post
    I have finally got our timetable into the booking system! This is probably a silly question but on the booking page, is there a way to manipulate the sheet so that the lessons are on the left and the rooms are at the top? At the moment the lessons are at the top and the rooms are on the left.

Sorry for being confusing :-S

Thank Post
    we seem be be having a few problems with staff being able to download documents. The drives are mapping fine and you can browse them ok, but when you double click it says unable to find the file. It seems to effect all filetypes except .txt

Edit: attached the whole web.config below can anybody see anything wrong??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by linkazoid; 5th April 2011 at 04:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post
    we seem be be having a few problems with staff being able to download documents. The drives are mapping fine and you can browse them ok, but when you double click it says unable to find the file. It seems to effect all filetypes except .txt

I've posted the drive mappings and filetype section from web.config below can anybody see anything wrong??

Code:
    <uncpaths>
            <add drive="U" name="My Documents" unc="%homepath%" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" />
            <add drive="I" name="Staff Public" unc="\\storage\staffpublic$" enablereadto="4505Staff, Domain Admins" enablewriteto="4505Staff, Domain Admins" enablemove="True" />
            <add drive="T" name="Student Public" unc="\\sharepoint\studentpublic$" enablereadto="4505Student, 4505Staff, Domain Admins" enablewriteto="4505Staff, Domain Admins" />
          </uncpaths>
          <uploadfilters>
            <add name="Access Database" filter="*.mdb;*.accdb" enablefor="All" />
            <add name="Excel Documents" filter="*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlt;*.xltx" enablefor="All" />
            <add name="HTML Files" filter="*.html;*.htm" enablefor="All" />
            <add name="Images" filter="*.jpg;*.gif;*.png;*.bmp;*.jpeg" enablefor="All" />
            <add name="Word Documents" filter="*.doc;*.docx;*.dotx;*.dot;*.txt;*.rft;*.pdf" enablefor="All" />
            <add name="ZIP Files" filter="*.zip" enablefor="All" />
          </uploadfilters>
    Post your whole config file . Replacing the password with something else
    I cant see a problem with the above

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    Post your whole config file . Replacing the password with something else
    I cant see a problem with the above
    I've attached it above /\ /\ /\

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post
    I've attached it above /\ /\ /\
    Ive had a quick look , try making a share that is not hidden and giving that a go.

also 4505Staff and 4505Student......... Any groups missing ? are these the security groups in Active directory for kids and Staff

try this first though

when you originally set up did u do the nocache thing in IIS ?

if you did > remove it ..

If you did not > Add it.

15. Thanks to 2097 from:

linkazoid (5th April 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks for your help, I'll try tomorrow. I don't think that it affecting all users though.

I think I may install it on a new server as I've now got a Server 2008 box available.

Thank Post
    Hi all

I have found some time and installed HAP, I have installed it on our CC4Anywhere where server which is a 2003 R2 Terminal server. I followed the install pdf as U-Tube is blooked in school, I am getting an error. When I go to the site address I enter the log in information for one of our domain accounts and I get the following :

Hope someone can help, Andy

Server Error in '/CLJSIntranet' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8007052e): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    ]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +438
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +31
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +78
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll () +9
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntr y root, String userName) +153
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(Direc toryEntry root, String username) +35
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser (String username) +10
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +195
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUs erInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +136
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserA llowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +268
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollecti on.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +203
    System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter (Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +217
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +213
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread