+ Post New Thread
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; @sister_annex Should have tried that really. Thanks for the reply, it worked :-)...

Thank Post
    @sister_annex Should have tried that really. Thanks for the reply, it worked :-)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gl3nnym View Post
    @sister_annex Should have tried that really. Thanks for the reply, it worked :-)
    No worries

Thank Post
    Hi Sister_annex

Thanks again for a quick reply my documents is working ok, its other mapped drives.
    <add drive="M" name="My Documents" unc="%homepath%" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" />
    <add drive="N" name="N Drive" unc="\\BCS-FS1\N-Drive$\" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" />
    <add drive="K" name="K Drive" unc="\\BCS-FS1\K-Drive$\" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="GS_Staff, Domain Admins" enablemove="True" />

Cheers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawes29 View Post
    Hi Sister_annex

Thanks again for a quick reply my documents is working ok, its other mapped drives.
    <add drive="M" name="My Documents" unc="%homepath%" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" />
    <add drive="N" name="N Drive" unc="\\BCS-FS1\N-Drive$\" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" />
    <add drive="K" name="K Drive" unc="\\BCS-FS1\K-Drive$\" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="GS_Staff, Domain Admins" enablemove="True" />

Cheers
    What errors is HAP+ giving you when you use the other drive letters? Have you tried the FQDN (i.e. server.domain)?

Thank Post
    Hmm, just tried the upgrade to 5.4.5 and getting the following "Object reference not set to an instance of an object":

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1043
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Thank Post
    Hi - looks like great software and thanks for taking the time developing it. I've got to the point where I can login and I can 'Browse my school computer'. In the next page I see the two links to the folders I put in the web.config file but when I click on one of them I'm taken to the link http://mycomputer/K (I set K as the drive letter) - obviously this won't work.

If I click on the 'Enhanced View' link it goes to the address http://mycomputersl.aspx/ although if I replace it with the address http://mycomputersl.aspx/ http://server2:81/mycomputersl.aspx then it works and it shows up the drives on the left (I've set the port to 81 for the application and it's hosted on server2). I can navigate into the folders but when I click on one to view files in the main area it says resource can not be found. I'm fairly sure that having a different port is causing the problem but as we're running exchange and owa on the server I don't really want to potentially cause problems.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
    Richard

Thank Post
    HI sister_annex/nickbro

Thanks for all the help so far, I can now login and access files, however I have 2 testing accounts, which are in the same groups with the same access and one works perfectly and the other receives an error.

I have discovered that a home directory is needed in Active Directory; once a home folder was created for the user who was having access trouble, I could access all the files and folders on other shared drives.
    Great product and great support

Thank You to all

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rpain View Post
    Hi - looks like great software and thanks for taking the time developing it. I've got to the point where I can login and I can 'Browse my school computer'. In the next page I see the two links to the folders I put in the web.config file but when I click on one of them I'm taken to the link http://mycomputer/K (I set K as the drive letter) - obviously this won't work.

If I click on the 'Enhanced View' link it goes to the address http://mycomputersl.aspx/ although if I replace it with the address http://mycomputersl.aspx/ http://server2:81/mycomputersl.aspx then it works and it shows up the drives on the left (I've set the port to 81 for the application and it's hosted on server2). I can navigate into the folders but when I click on one to view files in the main area it says resource can not be found. I'm fairly sure that having a different port is causing the problem but as we're running exchange and owa on the server I don't really want to potentially cause problems.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
    Richard
    @rpain; can you post the unc paths section from your web.config file just so we can check. it is possibly nothing to do with this it may be more to do with iis but just incase...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawes29 View Post
    HI sister_annex/nickbro

Thanks for all the help so far, I can now login and access files, however I have 2 testing accounts, which are in the same groups with the same access and one works perfectly and the other receives an error.

I have discovered that a home directory is needed in Active Directory; once a home folder was created for the user who was having access trouble, I could access all the files and folders on other shared drives.
    Great product and great support

Thank You to all
    @Hawes29; The problem you have had has been in the thread before but size of this thread makes it difficult to pick the bits apart lol glad you have found your problem

Thank Post

UNC Paths

Sure:

<uncpaths>
    <add drive="K" name="My Documents" unc="%homepath%" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" />
    <add drive="M" name="SharedLists" unc="\\server1\sharedlists$" enablereadto="Staff, Domain Admins" enablewriteto="Staff, Domain Admins" enablemove="True" />
    </uncpaths>

Many thanks,
    Richard

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rpain View Post
    Sure:

<uncpaths>
    <add drive="K" name="My Documents" unc="%homepath%" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" />
    <add drive="M" name="SharedLists" unc="\\server1\sharedlists$" enablereadto="Staff, Domain Admins" enablewriteto="Staff, Domain Admins" enablemove="True" />
    </uncpaths>

Many thanks,
    Richard
    That looks fine! hmmm....

The only thing I can think of is there may be an issue with your IIS settings - possibly some URL rewriting going on or something like that.

If possible could you configure HAP+ on another server and see what happens?

Thank Post
    Hmm, just tried the upgrade to 5.4.5 and getting the following "Object reference not set to an instance of an object":

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1043
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
    Does anybody have an idea about the above? Sorry I know I am being a pain but teachers are getting on my case now... How good of them!

Thank Post
    Thanks - I'll have a play tonight.

Thank Post
    Just tried it on our main server which wasn't doing anything critical and it works fine - great job!

Thank Post
    OK - quick question. How do I change the year numbers? Instead of 7-13 we'd like KG,PP, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Thank Post
    Does anybody have an idea about the above? Sorry I know I am being a pain but teachers are getting on my case now... How good of them!
    This seems to me like there may be an issue with your web.config file (possibly!)

as with the suggestion to rpain earlier, would you be able to do a fresh install on another server to check?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread