+ Post New Thread
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 this error is related to the permissions. Right click the drive go to permissions and add ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    this error is related to the permissions. Right click the drive go to permissions and add a permission for the actual computer name of the server you are using to host home access plus.

So we use "server1" to host. Add "server1" to the permissions list give it full control and it should then allow you in.
    I'm not sure about that... surely as the user account is being impersonated by the website when the request is made to a particular server it looks like it comes from the respective user not the computer.

Maybe I'm wrong, but, we have not had to do anything like that here to get it to work.

Thank Post
    i did try this and have had no change. Still getting unauthorised access.

Im currently going through some things with sister_annex in emails, but am still open to suggestions on here.

Thank Post
    HAP is having an issue with the w: drive
    <add drive="W" name="Common" unc="\\curricsvr2\common" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" />
    Something in there is causing HAP to throw an error. If you look at the event logs on the server it should provider more info

Does that UNC exist? HAP would only throw an error on the basic if there was a problem with group permissions

Thank Post
    D'oh!!

Seems i had re-enabled 'Integrated Windows Authentication' in my previous toiling over getting the initial ldap right.

sorry all.

Big thanks to Sister_annex and the others who made suggestions. i appreciate all the help!

Thank Post

Delete Images

Hi,

I've recently setup HAP and I'm doing a bit of testing.
    I've noticed on my setup that I can't delete image files. All other files delete fine, its just images. So far I have tested with png, jpg and gif.

Could anyone point out where this problem might of come from?

I have attached a screenshot of the error:

Adam

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just replaced my old working version for 5.4.5 however now I get:

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8007052e): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    ]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +420085
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +31
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +78
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll () +9
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntr y root, String userName) +153
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(Direc toryEntry root, String username) +35
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser (String username) +10
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +182
    HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +817
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

As an error any ideas? I've check the web.config file within HAP but everything looks fine I've changed the EasyLink stuff to a group within my ad too?

Wes

Thank Post
    Just came across a strange problem, a laptop that isn't part of our domain running windows 7 and IE8 has an error trying to download any files - being IE it doesn't give any useful feedback but it seems to say '404' error in words like it somehow can't find the file. Same computer works absolutely fine with Firefox....
    Running windows update now but seems like IE isn't handling something properly, anyone come across this?

Thank Post
    Hey Guys

I've got an error where some students can't access the drives, I've checked the groupings but its still not working any ideas?

Ta
    J

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamK View Post
    Hi,

I've recently setup HAP and I'm doing a bit of testing.
    I've noticed on my setup that I can't delete image files. All other files delete fine, its just images. So far I have tested with png, jpg and gif.

Could anyone point out where this problem might of come from?

I have attached a screenshot of the error:

http://www.handsworth.bham.sch.uk/hap/del-img-error.png

Adam
    Adam,

This is usually permissions based, check your permissions and try again

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Just replaced my old working version for 5.4.5 however now I get:

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8007052e): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    ]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +420085
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +31
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +78
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll () +9
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntr y root, String userName) +153
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(Direc toryEntry root, String username) +35
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser (String username) +10
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +182
    HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +817
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

As an error any ideas? I've check the web.config file within HAP but everything looks fine I've changed the EasyLink stuff to a group within my ad too?

Wes
    Wes,

Check your username, passwords and LDAP settings are correct, this error is usually due to these problems

Quote Originally Posted by nicklec View Post
    Just came across a strange problem, a laptop that isn't part of our domain running windows 7 and IE8 has an error trying to download any files - being IE it doesn't give any useful feedback but it seems to say '404' error in words like it somehow can't find the file. Same computer works absolutely fine with Firefox....
    Running windows update now but seems like IE isn't handling something properly, anyone come across this?
    nicklec,

Try removing cache-control: no-cache from your IIS settings, this fixed the issue for me...

HTH All

10. Thanks to sister_annex from:

nicklec (11th March 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmurray View Post
    Hey Guys

I've got an error where some students can't access the drives, I've checked the groupings but its still not working any ideas?

Ta
    J
    Firstly welcome

Secondly, Check permissions (I am presuming you have already done this but either way no harm in doing it twice )

If the particular student cannot access that share when using a normal windows logon they will not be able use it in HAP+

Mark

Thank Post
    Hi sister_annex

Yer I've checked the windows permissions and they all seem fine, and when they log onto a PC their drive is mapped correctly so I'm a little stummped atm

J

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post

nicklec,

Try removing cache-control: no-cache from your IIS settings, this fixed the issue for me...

HTH All
    Seems to have done the trick thanks, also seems to have sped it up quite considerably; was this in the install docs and I missed it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklec View Post
    Seems to have done the trick thanks, also seems to have sped it up quite considerably; was this in the install docs and I missed it?
    It is in the Install Doc to add it, unfortunately I do not know how much of an effect it will have on other features. I would suggest trying every available feature to make sure they still work

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmurray View Post
    Hi sister_annex

Yer I've checked the windows permissions and they all seem fine, and when they log onto a PC their drive is mapped correctly so I'm a little stummped atm

J
    Is it the same students every time, or is it a random occurrence?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    It is in the Install Doc to add it, unfortunately I do not know how much of an effect it will have on other features. I would suggest trying every available feature to make sure they still work
    We're only using the file stuff at the moment ... will wait and see if nick pipes up with the significance and/or reason why IE is so terrible at display websites faithfully....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread