+ Post New Thread
Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Here's the current list of changes in HAP 6: Tracker API changed from text to .net WebService (more secure and ...
    Thank Post

HAP 6

Here's the current list of changes in HAP 6:

• Tracker API changed from text to .net WebService (more secure and more reliable)
    • My User Card added
    • My Computer .net WebService API added
    • Replace API in the Silverlight Browser to using the .net WebService.
    • More WPF compliant Silverlight My Computer Browser (currently uses a lot of older methods for rendering, this should make it quicker)
    • More threading on the Silverlight Browser
    • The ability to choose either an XML or MS SQL Provider for the logon tracker

Thank Post

HAP

Hi i am trying to set up hap on 2008 server vanilla network. I followed the video for my version of IIS and all settings match.

I ran the config tool and it completed. I go to my web address for HAP and get a login box, i input username and password and get an error page that says:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExcep tion: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x8007052e): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    ]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +420085
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +31
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +78
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll () +9
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntr y root, String userName) +153
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(Direc toryEntry root, String username) +35
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser (String username) +10
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +182
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUs erInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +132
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserA llowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +256
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollecti on.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +201
    System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter (Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +8890701
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Thank Post
    open the ~/web.config file and check the adusername and adpasswords are entered.

Then you need to look for the ou objects section, you need to edit this bit

Thank Post
    Any ETA for HAP 6?

Thank Post
    Also nick, I read on your blog about a home client... Any news on this? Thanks

Thank Post
    What's the address for that sister_annex?

Edit: http://nbdev.co.uk/blogs/dev_blog/archive/2010/10/23/home-access-plus-the-school-computer-browser-desktop-client.aspx

As you can see, it very closely mirrors the Silverlight Client.
    I’ve also taken a leaf out of Microsoft’s books and am using the Ribbon interface from office 2010 (was going for the default one they use but didn’t like it)
    Keep an eye out on this website, as I’ll be putting a DEMO app up online when I get it nearly done.
    This client will be a purchasable app for HAP+. It’ll be around the 10 mark, and will allow more features than the silverlight version, and much more.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 6th March 2011 at 07:00 PM.

Thank Post
    That's the one although I think the 10 may be a typo think it may be 100 but don't quote me on that

Mark

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    That's the one although I think the 10 may be a typo think it may be 100 but don't quote me on that

Mark
    One hopes not!

Thank Post
    I've stopped developing the desktop client as the next version of silverlight does a lot more.

Anyhow, more news, HAP 6 is on track for an Easter release.

I'm also adding graphs for the logon tracker. You'll be able to drill down into a computer and even a days logs for detailed stuff

Attachment 9632

I'm trying to get as many graphs as I can into the tracker for you lot, so you can visualize the data, give you some stuff to show SMT about usage

The graph is actually for 1 computer, hadn't put the full chart title in, oops. It'll be Select Month > Select Computer > Select Day.

The Select Month Page will give you each month since HAP LT was installed
    The Select Computer page is the current historic log page, just with hyperlinks to the computer view/Select Day
    The Select Day page will disable a graph like the one above, with links to the individual day view
    The Day view will display a computers day usage, by hour

I'll try to get it so you can select an individual day straight from the main log screen to save having to select a computer first
    Last edited by nickbro; 6th March 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks for that nick, shame about the client but can understand why you have chosen this route.

Thanks again for your work on this and I'm glad to see that hap+ is progressing

As an aside and I'm not sure how feasible this would be, we see a lot on here with issues with altering the config file mainly to setup the ldap settings etc, I know you had the config tool but was wondering whether it would be worth seeing if moving it to a webpage based system would help especially with troubleshooting. IMHO that would help with setup... Don't know thinking out loud

Mark

Thank Post
    Having a web setup page would be nice, but would require a lot of coding to get it right, it's complicated. Anyone want to help?

On a side note, here are some more screenshots of the new look tracker
    Attachment 9636Attachment 9637Attachment 9638Attachment 9639Attachment 9640

Thank Post
    If my c#/web stuff was anywhere near decent I would but as ir said before I'm crap at web and code in vb.net which I know is not a massive stretch to change to c# but I wouldn't want to risk my relative noobishness on it quite just yet lol

Thank Post
    Dear,

We have a problem with shared drives. In basic mode, we can access home drives but we get "unauthorised access" error on shared drives. In enhanced mode, we can access home drives and shared drives without a problem.

Anyone know why a shared drive can be accessed in enhanced mode but not in basic mode?

Thanks,
    Dubai College IT.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Having a web setup page would be nice, but would require a lot of coding to get it right, it's complicated. Anyone want to help?

On a side note, here are some more screenshots of the new look tracker
    Attachment 9636Attachment 9637Attachment 9638Attachment 9639Attachment 9640
    This is still tracking internally though right? I don't see any need to track logins/usage internally.. it would be be logging in externally and tracking that which i'd be more keen to know.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    This is still tracking internally though right? I don't see any need to track logins/usage internally.. it would be be logging in externally and tracking that which i'd be more keen to know.
    The need is there, if a call from the LEA comes down that they need to know who was using a computer at a specific point in time and with a specific IP.
    Tracking website use should be done via IIS logs

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread