+ Post New Thread
Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Originally Posted by thesk8rjesus Server Error in '/Extranet' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesk8rjesus View Post
    Server Error in '/Extranet' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.routing.Downloader.ProcessRequest(HttpCont ext context) +383
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +477
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

okay i have just found that this only happens with my support drive i have created. I want only Domain Admins to access it, if i add an extra group in called admins, and then set write permissons to All i can get it working, but shouldn't it work with just domain admins in both?

<add drive="Z" name="Support Drive" unc="\\%servername%\support" enablereadto="Domain Admins" enablewriteto="Domain Admins" />

am i doing something wrong here or should this work without recieving the error above

Thank Post
    okay, some problems with the extended view. It's working fine with basic view.
    I am using Win2008R2 with 5.4.5

http://172.16.23.23/extranet/api/mycomputer/listdrives

[FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.]
    System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +12630485
    System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) +261
    System.Convert.ToDecimal(String value) +112
    HAP.Web.API.ListDrives.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +1060
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +597
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

Thank Post
    Hmm, that is a sign that the disk space indicators aren't able to parse correctly

Thank Post
    any idea why ?

Thank Post
    Non Unfortunately :-(

Thank Post
    Odd im getting the same error BUT it's only affecting certain users, i have a testteacher account whch is the same as a standard teacher that it wont work on, and then a teachertest account which is again the same, same profile, permissions etc but it works on one but not on the other?

Code:
    Server Error in '/Extranet' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       HAP.Web.routing.Downloader.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +629
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +596
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +265

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    With the teachertest account it works, i can browse documents and download them etc.

Wit hthe testteacher account i can browse the folders, access extranet etc but i simply can't download any documents.

Thank Post
    Ahhh i found the problem with that one, testteacher didn't have a H: drive mapped in AD whereas my setup is set to include the home folders every time, with H: set to "local path" but with the path blank it wouldn't allow downloads of documents.

Thank Post
    Hi Guys,
    This may sound like an odd one but I have implemented HAP (superb by the way) and although all the file permissions are correct I have a number of folders that are set to restricting the administrators (myself and my team) from viewing. As a student or member of staff restrictions apply successfully but as an administrator it doesn’t seem to carry the same access restrictions across to HAP, so I am able to access folders that management would prefer I didn’t have immediate access to. Are there some settings I have missed that will stop administrators from overriding the restrictions imported from the server?

Thank Post
    Hello,

I used HAP on our network for some time, recently had problems with access, so wanted to try newest version - not sure if what I did was right

Just copied content off old version to different folder (for backup) and paste the new version, tweaked web.config to our settings. An now got this:

Server Error in '/extranet' Application.

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: '?' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line 144, position 224.

Source Error:

Line 142: </compilation>
    Line 143: <authentication mode="Windows">
    Line 144: <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="login.aspx" defaultUrl="default.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="UseDeviceProfile" domain="" enableCrossAppRedirect?="false">
    Line 145: <credentials passwordFormat="SHA1" />
    Line 146: </forms>

Source File: G:\Inetpub\WWWroot\Intranet\Extranet\web.config Line: 144

Any chance you can help Nick?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Looks like you may just need to remove the ? from string so it reads

Code:
    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="login.aspx" defaultUrl="default.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="UseDeviceProfile" domain="" enableCrossAppRedirect="false">

Thank Post
    I did, than I get another error message saying that it does not recognize "enableCrossAppRedirect".

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Mine reads enableCrossAppRedirects="false"

So change the ? to a s

Thank Post
    Bingo AT

An excerpt from the M$ website is below

Code:
    <authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms loginUrl="member_login.aspx"
        cookieless="UseUri"
        requireSSL="true" 
        enableCrossAppRedirects="true" />
    </authentication>
    A guess may be a corrupt download - or a find & replace gone wrong (maybe)

HTH anyway

Mark

Thank Post
    Morning All,

I have HAP up and running with no problem but as soon as I attempt to enable Forms Authentication I am gettting errors. I have it running on IIS7 (adapted the steps from the youtube video setting it up on IIS6) so I am unsure if there is anything I need to do different. It is stating "Could Not Load Type 'CHS_Extranet.Login'" so I think it is something relatively simple but I am rubbish with ASP so I am completely stumped.

can anyone help me out please?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenden View Post
    Morning All,

I have HAP up and running with no problem but as soon as I attempt to enable Forms Authentication I am gettting errors. I have it running on IIS7 (adapted the steps from the youtube video setting it up on IIS6) so I am unsure if there is anything I need to do different. It is stating "Could Not Load Type 'CHS_Extranet.Login'" so I think it is something relatively simple but I am rubbish with ASP so I am completely stumped.

can anyone help me out please?
    Since Forms Auth carries major security risks, it was dropped as a supported auth type

16. Thanks to nickbro from:

Zenden (3rd February 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread