+ Post New Thread
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Only just discovered HAP yesterday and I thought I had to post a message to say how brilliant it is. ...

Thank Post
    Only just discovered HAP yesterday and I thought I had to post a message to say how brilliant it is.

Got it up and running in about an hour yesterday, have integrated it with some other systems we wanted to provide access to from outside School and am just in the process of making it look more like our website. It'll be rolled out to staff and students next week!

Couldn't get on the issue tracker at Codeplex so thought I'd post a request and bug here Nick:

Is it possible on the homepage, when adding links, to be able to make them open in a new window? (I tried adding target="_blank" to but HAP really didn't like it) This would be useful so that we could link to a couple of our other WebApps and still have HAP open in its own window at the same time.

Secondly, if using the silverlight version in Google Chrome, when browsing a directory of images, we aren't seeing any icon at all for the images (neither a standard image icon or a thumbnail of the image).

The Biggy........ its great to drag and drop from the desktop to HAP, but will we ever be able to drag from HAP to the Desktop. This is in my mind the killer feature to really make it easy for students and staff to work.

Thanks for all your hard work Nick... it really is a stunning piece of software.

Cheers
    Adrian

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFopp View Post
    Only just discovered HAP yesterday and I thought I had to post a message to say how brilliant it is.

Got it up and running in about an hour yesterday, have integrated it with some other systems we wanted to provide access to from outside School and am just in the process of making it look more like our website. It'll be rolled out to staff and students next week!
    Thank you. Edit chs.master to make it look right
    Couldn't get on the issue tracker at Codeplex so thought I'd post a request and bug here Nick:

Is it possible on the homepage, when adding links, to be able to make them open in a new window? (I tried adding target="_blank" to but HAP really didn't like it) This would be useful so that we could link to a couple of our other WebApps and still have HAP open in its own window at the same time.
    Use javascript, "javascript:void(window.open('url'))" I will be adding a target box to config in the next release
    Secondly, if using the silverlight version in Google Chrome, when browsing a directory of images, we aren't seeing any icon at all for the images (neither a standard image icon or a thumbnail of the image).
    Ok, images have thumbnails, which may mean that they aren't loading. browse to /extranet/api/thumb/path.extension to see the thumbnail. (I think)

The Biggy........ its great to drag and drop from the desktop to HAP, but will we ever be able to drag from HAP to the Desktop. This is in my mind the killer feature to really make it easy for students and staff to work.
    This feature can't be done because of security in both silverlight and the web browser. It will however be possible in the up coming desktop client (paid version though 100 for the whole school). The paid for version development can be seen on my website Home - nb development

Thanks for all your hard work Nick... it really is a stunning piece of software.

Cheers
    Adrian
    No problem Adrian, glad to hear it's working

Thank Post
    Hi Nick

Got the layout sorted, thanks. And used the javascript for opening in a new window - perfect.

Not sure where I'm looking for these images though (they work fine in other browsers). Tried browsing to /extranet/api/thumb/path.extension but couldn't see anything.

The problem isn't a biggy. Most people here are using Firefox, IE or Safari. It just seems odd that Chrome doesn't show them.

Thank Post
    try /Extranet/api/mycomputer/thumb/%path%.%extension%. e.g. Extranet/api/mycomputer/thumb/N/my pictures/logo.png. Should render something. If it doesn't chrome must be playing up with urls

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    try /Extranet/api/mycomputer/thumb/%path%.%extension%. e.g. Extranet/api/mycomputer/thumb/N/my pictures/logo.png. Should render something. If it doesn't chrome must be playing up with urls
    Ok, tried this and I can browse to the thumbnail fine in Chrome, its just not showing when using the silverlight browser in HAP

Thank Post

Enhanced silverlight View Prompts for login but not for basic

Hi, first of all excellent web app,

Ive sorted out most of my config issues I had, but ive got two that have left me pulling my hair out,

First one is while accesing home access plus on the server, It works perfectly while using the basic view but when i click on enhanced Im being prompted for a username and password, If anyone could give me a solution or ideas I would be grateful

Second one: is the adding of the javascript entry to opening custom links in a seperate window, not sure where im meant to enter this, if anyone could give an example of code for one unc path.

Thanks Antony

Thank Post
    In the config tool/web.config find the home page links. In the Link Href box for the link you want to change, enter "javascript:void(window.open('newurl.com'));"

Thank Post
    Hi nick can you help me ? got a few questions ( brill program btw ! )

1.) 8 or 9th line in web.config it says studentgroupname do i put there active directory group name ? as in Pupils ? or is this something else
    2.) Im running a plain server 2003 system no RM , In establishment code do i just delete this and leave it blank ?
    3.) i have got extranet running .. lets me login etc .. But gives me 404 error sahing the page does not exisit (localhost/extranet/mycomputer/N ) on clicking on my documents .. even though i have set the UNC path ?
    Is number 3 a web.config error or have i set up IIS incorrectly ?

Thank Post
    i just went back through IIS and added a few things i missed on ur video

now i get this when trying to access a drive

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.DataBind() +2148
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +16
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    When I try and edit annoucements I get the following:

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.
    Access to the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\App_Data\Announcement.xml' is denied.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\App_Data\Announcement.xml' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\App_Data\Announcement.xml' is denied.]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +9726046
    System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath) +1142
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +83
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) +138
    HAP.Web.Controls.Announcement.saveann_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +383
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +112
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    Last edited by wesleyw; 9th November 2010 at 10:52 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Looks like it was two fold firstly ASP net didn't have access and secondly the entire directory was read only from the normal properties screen.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    i just went back through IIS and added a few things i missed on ur video

now i get this when trying to access a drive

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.DataBind() +2148
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +16
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
    Having looked at this . In the silverlight version it shows me the correct Drive usage .. I.e. how much % it has used .. But it just wont list the files it just errors out
    ( i believe this is the same problem as page 12)
    I have tried a shared drive which is located on the IIS server and this also done the same error as above

Thank Post
    Hi, Nick

Im having a few issues regarding the enhanced view, on the development server its under the default website and when configured functions correctly,

but ive found when Ive put it under a custom website, the basic works perfect but the enhanced directs to the default website, its missing the port number.

eg when in basic its http://172.16.1.3:8081/HomeAccessPlus/MyComputer.aspx
    when in enhanced its http://172.16.1.3/HomeAccessPlus/MyComputerSL.aspx

this obviously causes the enhanced view to fail to find the folder listed

any ideas?

Thank Post
    Just about to start playing around with this again (had a busy few weeks) and i see on your site you have an update for 5.4 > 5.4.2 but im currently running version 5.3.1.0, i'd like to update can i just use the 5.4 > 5.4.2 update or do you have another update file for this?

EDIT: nevermind, im a plank, just noticed the thing on the right

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    When I try and edit annoucements I get the following:

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.
    Access to the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\App_Data\Announcement.xml' is denied.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\App_Data\Announcement.xml' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\App_Data\Announcement.xml' is denied.]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +9726046
    System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath) +1142
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +83
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) +138
    HAP.Web.Controls.Announcement.saveann_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +383
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +112
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    I've attached a picture of my permissions
    Attachment 8516

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread