+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Ok I've re uploaded 5.4, it has an updated HAP.Web file just for you...
    Thank Post
    Ok I've re uploaded 5.4, it has an updated HAP.Web file just for you

2. Thanks to nickbro from:

netadmin (25th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Thank you very much Nick!

Thank Post
    Hi everyone, i'm having a little trouble with the logon tracker, when I click the link for it and look at the live tracker it shows Nick form CHS logged on, not the test accounts that i've got setup for this that are running. Is there something I need to change some where.

Also, when I drag a file and drop it into a folder in the enhanced version it loses the file extension, so document.doc becomes document, any ideas on this? I know really I don't want people organising their home folders from home but I can just see someone doing this.

Thank Post
    i'm getting :

Server Error in '/extranet' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The server is not operational.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server is not operational.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8007203a): The server is not operational.
    ]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +788
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +44
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +42
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +98
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntr y root, String userName) +217
    HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(Direc toryEntry root, String username) +28
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +249
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUs erInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +184
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserA llowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +445
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollecti on.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +241
    System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter (Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +11340164
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    after the config stage web config stage, anyone run into same problem on vanilla network?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezt View Post
    Also, when I drag a file and drop it into a folder in the enhanced version it loses the file extension, so document.doc becomes document, any ideas on this? I know really I don't want people organising their home folders from home but I can just see someone doing this.
    Just tested the drag and drop into a folder and could not replicate the issue

Thank Post
    Thanks for that Nick, I'll just tell them not to drag and drop files within their home area's, I think they should be able to upload to the right place first time.

Any ideas on the logon tracker, would like to get that working but can't figure it out. I've looked at the xml file and there is nothing being written to it.

Thank Post
    This looks awesome Nick :-)

I've installed the system on a clean 2008 server following your IIS 7 instructions ... having a little trouble with some of the configuration though ...

Booking system lists
    The date selected is in a holiday period, please use the calendar to choose another day
    whatever date I choose ... what am I missing?

When logged in as sysadmin I get:

Unknown error (0x80005000)
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unknown error (0x80005000)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error (0x80005000)]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +420085
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +31
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +78
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll () +9
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.ADUtil.FindUsers(ouobject ou, String subou) +323

[Exception: LDAP://beau-dc-01.beaumont.beausandver.local/OU=Non-Teaching Staff,OU=,OU=Establishments,DC=crickhowell,DC=inte rnal]
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.ADUtil.FindUsers(ouobject ou, String subou) +1125
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.ADUtil.FindUsers() +229
    HAP.Web.BookingSystem.BookingPopup.Page_Load(Objec t sender, EventArgs e) +100
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

When I try to access to any drives gives error
    You have attempted to access a restricted resource
    also the icons say
    Staff Area on
    no server name / location listed ...

If I log in using a sys admin account then I get:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.DataBind() +2141
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +16
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
    when trying to access any remote drives.

I'm almost certainly doing something wrong ... any ideas / tips more info you need?

Cheers
    Last edited by Luke_T; 2nd November 2010 at 11:59 AM.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick

Would this software work for me allowing the kids to access there files from home . Problem with us is we dont use home drives but use my documents redirects .

We are set out like this

\\servername\documents\Year07\%username%
    \\servername\documents\Year08\%username%
    \\servername\documents\Year09\%username%

Etc etc .. I have not installed your software yet just didnt want to waste half a day playing with it if it wasnt possible . BTW Looks very good

Thank Post
    You can do that, but it requires a bit of config changes. The {0} will insert the username into the UNC Path. So should be quite easy to do

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_T View Post
    This looks awesome Nick :-)

I've installed the system on a clean 2008 server following your IIS 7 instructions ... having a little trouble with some of the configuration though ...

Booking system lists whatever date I choose ... what am I missing?

When logged in as sysadmin I get:

When I try to access to any drives gives error also the icons say no server name / location listed ...

If I log in using a sys admin account then I get:

when trying to access any remote drives.

I'm almost certainly doing something wrong ... any ideas / tips more info you need?

Cheers
    Your problem is down to HAP not being able to get at all the info in active directory that i needs.

Thank Post
    what information does it need?

I can see from the errorring URL that it's trying to access the correct area, and the user has permissions ...

it passes basic authentication fine for the users I've created to test.

same issue for the booking system ... just noticed it lists the week as "-1"
    Last edited by Luke_T; 2nd November 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Another quick question for Nick:

The shared areas have read permission for the pupils and in HAP they can open up the shared area but under basic version they cannot open up any folders from the root they receive:

Error: Unauthorised Access

under enhanced they can but when they try and download a file they get:

Error: Unauthorised Access

However they can access them from the workstations at school?

Wes

Thank Post
    Well I can't find anything mis-configured after having a good hunt through ...

not sure what info HAP needs to get from AD to map the drives / sort the booking system ... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Maybe someone would be willing to share a config file so I can check over what I've done? non-RM ideal .. bit of a cheeky request.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Luke_T; 3rd November 2010 at 02:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi all, the next version of HAP (5.4.3) will contain a new option to allow cleaning of the xml booking datasource. (It will be an updated config tool to allow this change)

Basically when someone books a room the system removes bookings older than 1 week (from the current date).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_T View Post
    Well I can't find anything mis-configured after having a good hunt through ...

not sure what info HAP needs to get from AD to map the drives / sort the booking system ... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    Code:
    <add drive="N" name="My Documents" unc="%homepath%" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="true" />
    This line says, map drive N to the user's %homepath% variable, it allows read to all, and write to all (this is before NTFS permissions are done) and enables the user to move stuff (basic version only)

Code:
    <add drive="H" name="Admin Documents" unc="\\crickhow-ucczkk\homes\{0}" enablereadto="CHS Admin Exc~1 {UT}, Domain Admins" enablewriteto="CHS Admin Exc~1 {UT}, Domain Admins" enablemove="true" />
    This line says, map drive H to the user's Admin Documents using a UNC path with the username filled in at the end. {0} stands for replace with username here.
    It enables read and write to the Admin Exchange Staff Usertype and Domain Admins (users who exist on both Admin and Curriculum systems and enables the moving of files

Code:
    <add drive="W" name="Student Shared Area" unc="\\chs01\Shared Area\Student" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff, CHS Admin Exc~1 {UT}, Domain Admins" />
    This line says, map drive W to the Student Shared Area using UNC path. Enable read to all and write to just the following users (this is before NTFS is taken into account).

NTFS permissions are inherited from using the basic authentication's identity impersonate rule. This means that the user only sees what they should see on a computer as the website is running as them, not as another user.

Hope this helps somewhat

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread