+ Post New Thread
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Another update: Fixed it! I read through the documentation again and noticed the bit about "cache: no-cache" in IIS. I ...

Thank Post
    Another update:

Fixed it! I read through the documentation again and noticed the bit about "cache: no-cache" in IIS. I removed it and suddenly the files now download in IE 8 and 9. The delete and rename are not working as well as they were but I assume that is to do with caching again. Either way, I am now happy to launch it to the students and teachers.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Did the new version get released?

Can someone help me with my LDAP settings?

Web.config
    Code:
    <add name="Admins" path="LDAP://rgdc1.readingschool.reading.sch.uk/OU=Users,DC=readingschool,DC=reading,DC=sch,DC=uk" />
    <add name="Students" path="LDAP://rgdc1.readingschool.reading.sch.uk/OU=Students2009,OU=Users,OU=ReadingSchool,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=readingschool,DC=reading,DC=sch,DC=uk" ignore="True" />
    <add name="Teachers" path="LDAP://rgdc1.readingschool.reading.sch.uk/OU=TeachersMain,OU=Users,OU=ReadingSchool,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=readingschool,DC=reading,DC=sch,DC=uk" />
    <add name="Non Teaching" path="LDAP://rgdc1.readingschool.reading.sch.uk/OU=School_Admin,OU=Users,OU=ReadingAdmin,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=readingschool,DC=reading,DC=sch,DC=uk" />

And this is what the groups show in adexplorer

Admin
    Code:
    CN=Users,DC=readingschool,DC=reading,DC=sch,DC=uk,rgdc1 [rgdc1.readingschool.reading.sch.uk]
    Students
    Code:
    OU=Students2009,OU=Users,OU=ReadingSchool,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=readingschool,DC=reading,DC=sch,DC=uk,rgdc1 [rgdc1.readingschool.reading.sch.uk]
    Teaching Staff
    Code:
    OU=TeachersMain,OU=Users,OU=ReadingSchool,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=readingschool,DC=reading,DC=sch,DC=uk,rgdc1 [rgdc1.readingschool.reading.sch.uk]
    Non Teaching staff
    Code:
    OU=School_Admin,OU=Users,OU=ReadingAdmin,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=readingschool,DC=reading,DC=sch,DC=uk,rgdc1 [rgdc1.readingschool.reading.sch.uk]
    But I get an Logon failure, bad username or password when I browse to extranet
    Last edited by zag; 18th October 2010 at 12:52 PM.

Thank Post
    What is the best way of publishing this on the web?

Currently we have set it up as the following: - External DNS Record for home.mydomain.com which goes to our smoothwall external IP and then port forwards to the server.

Users are prompted to enter thier login details which are not encrypted.

How does everyone else do it. We do not have a ISA server to publish the site.

Thanks,

Michael

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Have you remembered to change the Allow USers from EasyLink to another group every one of your users belongs to (if you haven't got CC3 that is)?

Wes

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Have you remembered to change the Allow USers from EasyLink to another group every one of your users belongs to (if you haven't got CC3 that is)?

Wes
    Yes I changed it to

Code:
        <authorization>
          <allow roles="authenticated users" />
          <deny users="*" />
        </authorization>
    Is that correct?

Thank Post
    Try
    <authorization>
    <allow roles="Domain Users" />
    <deny users="*" />
    </authorization>

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'll second Clarky2k3 "Domain Users" would have been my option if I didn't have a specific group setup for this.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Any ideas on this one? Server 2008 R2

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This server variable cannot be modified during request execution.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: This server variable cannot be modified during request execution.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): This server variable cannot be modified during request execution.]
    System.Web.HttpServerVarsCollection.SetServerVaria bleManagedOnly(String name, String value) +179
    System.Web.HttpServerVarsCollection.SynchronizeSer verVariable(String name, String value) +25
    System.Web.HttpRequest.SynchronizeServerVariable(S tring name, String value) +134
    System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.GetServerVarC hanges(HttpContext ctx) +404
    System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.SynchronizeVa riables(HttpContext context) +51
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationP rivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +415

Thank Post
    Hmm, that's a weired error. It's not getting anywhere near HAP, it's an IIS issue. Try searching for 0x80004005

Thank Post
    5.4 has finally been released. Sorry it's taken me so long, was busy last weekend, and didn't get a chance to upload it. Anyhow, to remove further confusion, I have renamed CHS.dll to HAP.AD. This change has resulted in a change in the web.config, where the CHS.Auth references have been replaced by HAP.AD.Auth.... references.
    Code:
    Line 144: <add name="DomainLoginMembershipProvider" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" type="HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,HAP.AD"  connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"  connectionUsername="domain\Administrator" connectionPassword="" />
    Line 150: <add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" type="HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider,HAP.AD"  connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"  connectionUsername="domain\Administrator" connectionPassword="" />
    Last edited by nickbro; 21st October 2010 at 09:42 PM.

Thank Post
    I'm building a replacement for our internal report system (Targeter). Targeter is a PoS, runs on an access db, which is over 200mb big. I'm hoping to use exported SIMS information to provide the user dataset, and future versions will import the SIMS class information (we don't use SIMS for this YET). We could do it in SIMS but the school can't afford that module.
    The version I'm building will also allow parents to log in to the site and look at their kid's reports online, as well as a basic message system that acts like a PM system.

I'm hoping to have School Reporter (working title) developed by Jan, so if anyone would be interested in this let me know. (My boss finally managed to pursuance SMT to get rid of targeter, YAY!!!)

So inshort, as I'll be working on this, you may not see as much from me for support. But I get every email from this topic, so I'll reply when I can.

12. Thanks to nickbro from:

Steven_Cleaver (25th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Work has also commenced on the Windows My Computer Browser (with hopefully similar features to how WEBDAV works)
    You can keep up-to-date by going to http://www.nbdev.co.uk/blogs/dev_blog/
    Last edited by nickbro; 23rd October 2010 at 12:58 AM.

Thank Post
    Nick,

Thanks again for all of your work on the project and for releasing the updated version. This is a wonderful application.

A few questions:

-In the Basic my computer screen, the date format now shows up properly for the folders. However, for the files, it always displays in the UK format. Where would I change this setting?

-Also, I recently adjusted the NTFS file rights for some of our shared folders due to a request from SMT. What user/group would need to have read/write access to a share to allow users (who have read/write NTFS rights) to open the folder through HAP? I thought it would just follow the permissions of the authenticated user, but when I logged in under my account (a domain admin, full access to almost everything), it said access denied to any folders that did not have full read/write access to "Authenticated Users". Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Thank Post
    I fixed the file permissions problem--it looks like restarting IIS fixed that.

I'm still looking into the date format issue. I'll post back if I find a solution to that.

Thank Post
    Do you know how to rebuild the source?

If you do, change line 179 of mycomputer.aspx.cs from tostring("dd/MM/yy....2) to tostring("g").

Rebuild HAP.Web and copy the HAP.Web.dll file.

I've changed it in my code now, so it'll make the next release.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread