+ Post New Thread
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; If two people try to open the same file, you get an asp error?...

Thank Post
    If two people try to open the same file, you get an asp error?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    If two people try to open the same file, you get an asp error?
    Was that directed at me?

Thank Post
    Hello,

I know you are all probably very busy but just seeing if anyone has any ideas about POST #247? (dated:29/09/10)

Thanks for your time anyone
    Last edited by JAB1a; 4th October 2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Thank Post
    I've solved my problem - I hadn't amended

Code:
     <authorization>
          <allow roles="CHS Easylink" />
          <deny users="*" />
     </authorization>

Thank Post
    Trying to get this running, im using IIS 7.5 on Server 2008R2

I've gone through the setup, .net 4 is installed and i have an app pool for the site using .net 4.0, set to basic authentication, whenever i try to access it i get a logon box appear but nothing works, obviously set my security settings wrong somewhere but i can't see what?

Please help

EDIT new problem: <%=Request.ApplicationPath %> doesn't work as far as i can see, the links just go to http://images/xxx.png etc
    Last edited by mrbios; 5th October 2010 at 11:06 AM.

Thank Post
    EDIT:

Forget all the other problems, there sorted now, my new problems:

We've had to do this http://www.asp.net/learn/whitepapers...__Toc256770149 in order to get the extranet working as an application of our main website, now it's running i can view the pages again with it running as an app, but now if i go to the silver light version i get:
    Code:
    Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; image_azv; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C)
    Timestamp: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:38:31 UTC

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [Async_ExceptionOccurred]
    Arguments: 
    Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...eptionOccurred   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
       at HAP.Silverlight.Browser.MainPage.driveclient_DownloadStringCompleted2(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)
    Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://webapps02/extranet/MyComputerSL.aspx
    and if i go to the basic version and click on something it goes to: http://webapps02/extranet/MyComputer/T with a "404 file or directory not found" (just running internally at the moment)

What do i need to do now in order to get these two things to work?

EDIT: NO LONGER AN ISSUE got it working
    Last edited by mrbios; 7th October 2010 at 01:31 PM.

Thank Post
    Ok after alot of hair pulling (my own that is) I have managed to get it working.

Next problem is how do I get teachers from home to access it, we are behind SWGFL. I have setup 'Routing and Remote access' with VPN and NAT but I dont get how the server knows what its external IP address is etc.

Any help would be very much appriciated

Thank Post
    Right, firstly i'd like to say how good this thing is, thanks for building something that should solve a lot of problems for me.

Now for my issues. I've managed to create a working version on this on a VM running server 2008, iis7, on my laptop, everything works when i test it internally. I have managed to find a physical server and tried mirroring the install that works on the VM on it, and I get a http 500 error.

I even went so far as to copy my Extranet directory from the VM to the physical server, and export my iis settings and import them on the physical server, but I still get a http 500 error. I thought it may have been something silly, so I formatted the server and started from scratch, all that was installed was .net framework 4.0 and silverlight. I then added the role of iis like I did on the VM and went from there. I have no idea why it's not working.

Can someone please help. I'm running a vanilla network, not RM, but had it configured perfectly on the VM running on my laptop, but for some reason it doesn't want to play now its being moved to physical hardware.

Thank Post
    Im trying to enable external access to our RDweb on the terminal server, I've setup an ISA rule so that https://www.website.com/RDWeb should access it but firefox tells me "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

What have i done wrong there, how do i solve that? It works ok internally

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezt View Post
    Right, firstly i'd like to say how good this thing is, thanks for building something that should solve a lot of problems for me.

Now for my issues. I've managed to create a working version on this on a VM running server 2008, iis7, on my laptop, everything works when i test it internally. I have managed to find a physical server and tried mirroring the install that works on the VM on it, and I get a http 500 error.

I even went so far as to copy my Extranet directory from the VM to the physical server, and export my iis settings and import them on the physical server, but I still get a http 500 error. I thought it may have been something silly, so I formatted the server and started from scratch, all that was installed was .net framework 4.0 and silverlight. I then added the role of iis like I did on the VM and went from there. I have no idea why it's not working.

Can someone please help. I'm running a vanilla network, not RM, but had it configured perfectly on the VM running on my laptop, but for some reason it doesn't want to play now its being moved to physical hardware.
    A 500 error is a generic one. Your computer event logs should give more information on the problem.

The first things i would check are:
    - Permissions on the Extranet (or whatever you have decided to call it) folder
    - That ASP.Net 4 is allowed and configured to be used on the site (not ASP.net 1 or 2)
    - That your web.config is setup correctly

sorry for the vagueness of the answer but, it is early and my brain has yet to begin functioning at the usual level

HTH anyway

Mark

11. Thanks to sister_annex from:

dezt (8th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    Ok after alot of hair pulling (my own that is) I have managed to get it working.

Next problem is how do I get teachers from home to access it, we are behind SWGFL. I have setup 'Routing and Remote access' with VPN and NAT but I dont get how the server knows what its external IP address is etc.

We have an ISA 2006 server that does our website publishing...

We had to request a new subdomain from our lea that tagged our usual domain. i.e. folders.domain.com etc

Your LEA should provide you with the IP address of the subdomain that ISA should listen on. The rules then setup in ISA should forward to the requests to the requested server.

So our requests would come from something like https://folders.domain.gov.uk/homeaccess ISA takes this request and turns into https://internalserver/homeaccess and then presents that servers response.

We are not SWGFL so not sure what their procedures are for this so it may be worth giving them a call to see if they can help

13. Thanks to sister_annex from:

JAB1a (8th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Im trying to enable external access to our RDweb on the terminal server, I've setup an ISA rule so that https://www.website.com/RDWeb should access it but firefox tells me "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

What have i done wrong there, how do i solve that? It works ok internally
    You can't do that properly. It's the way RD Gateway works. If a request coming into IIS is a RDP session IIS offloads it to the RD Gateway, it can't do this properly if you just forward the directory in ISA. The best way is to forward all HTTP/HTTPS traffic to the RDWeb IIS server, and on that server you employ URL Rewrite : The Official Microsoft IIS Site. That IIS 7 plug in will allow you to redirect the extranet folder on the RDWeb IIS server to your HAP server.

I don't do mine this way, since I run HAP on my RD Gateway server, and use URL Rewrite : The Official Microsoft IIS Site to allow access to exchange and the RM tools (which are hosted on other servers).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post

The way we do it here is:

1. Ask LEA for a sub domain (e.g. folders.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk)
    2. Ask for this to DNS lookup internally to your server's IP address
    3. Ask for the external DNS entry to point to the LEA's reverse proxy, or someother way (they should know how)
    4. Get port 443 [https] (or 80 [http]) unblocked on the firewall (LEA firewall in your school)
    5. If they are using a reverse proxy for access to internal websites from outside, as Powys CC does, you need to ask them to put a new entry in for your subdomain (they should do this in option 3)
    6. Set your IIS webserver to accept requests for that domain
    7. Buy a VALID SSL certificate (I recommend Buy GeoTrust® and VeriSign® SSL Certificates At Cheaper Prices. RapidSSL® From £14.90 - Free Trial Available (UK)) (you can use a self signed on if needed) (needs to be for the external dns name)
    8. Install the SSL certificate on the server
    9. If reverse proxy is in use, send that SSL cert to your LEA to have them install it as well
    10.All will be well, or should be

16. Thanks to nickbro from:

JAB1a (8th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Nick how do I import the classes into your Booking system? Is there a video or a PDF?

Wes

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Getting the following after re-installing: (HAP is installed on the root of the web server not Extranet)

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Default.OnInitComplete(EventArgs e) +56
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +604

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread