+ Post New Thread
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; Dont know if any of you still use this? Looks pretty awsome. Im having a couple of issues when accessing ...
    Thank Post
    Dont know if any of you still use this? Looks pretty awsome. Im having a couple of issues when accessing the site for the first time.
    A referral was returned from the server.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExcep tion: A referral was returned from the server.

Any ideas?

Thank You

Thank Post
    hmmm..... do you have the latest version of the .net framework installed (v4) also have you checked that the LDAP settings in the web.config file are correct?

a directory services error usually(!) points to problems with one of those.

HTH

Mark

Thank Post
    Thank you for the fast reply.

I do have the latest .net framework, however i do think there is something wrong with the LDAP. Im not too strong on this subject.

LDAP://chs01.crickhowell.internal/{0}OU=Teaching Staff,OU={1},OU=Establishments,DC=crickhowell,DC=i nternal

Do i need the {0} parts? or is this part of the CHS domain?

Thank You

Thank Post
    You will need to edit the LDAP settings to match your domain. The ones in the default web.config file are the domain settings for the developer

Ours for example is: "LDAP://mgmtcore.xx.xx.xx.xx/OU=IOST,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=xx"

and usually follows the format "LDAP://Domain Controller FQDN/DN of OU where the specific accounts are located.

Note: we are a vanilla network if you are RM i think the {0} will need to stay based on your OU groups.

HTH

Thank Post
    I'm still having trouble downloading any files using HAP.

I'm using v5.3 on IIS7.5 (Win 2008 R2) joined to our main domain.
    I've followed the video and checked the permissions on folders etc, but it still doesn't want to work.

Safari reports a 303 error whenever I try to download a file. It tries to download but fails.

Looking at the IIS logs, it appears to be an error 500. Always fun.

2010-09-28 12:12:54 10.18.116.2 GET /extranet/Download/N/OX-NetMon09.pptx - 443 lburgess 10.18.116.68 Mozilla/5.0+(Macintosh;+U;+Intel+Mac+OS+X+10_6_4;+en-us)+AppleWebKit/533.18.1+(KH TML,+like+Gecko)+Version/5.0.2+Safari/533.18.5 500 0 64 59

I then tried clicking many times on the same file, and amazingly 1 in 4 attempts worked. If you try enough times in quick succession, it will download it but obviously usually fails.

Very frustrating! Help!!!

Thank Post
    Sorry to ask this, I've been trying to fix this for the last couple of days, I'm getting the following error when I login to the HAP

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CMS' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 146: <providers>
    Line 147: <clear />
    Line 148: <add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" type="CMS.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider,CMS" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="school\administrator" connectionPassword="xxxxxxxxxx" />
    Line 149: </providers>
    Line 150: </roleManager>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\extranet\web.config Line: 148

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've followed the instructions and I've hit a brickwall with this..... anyhelp would be greatly appreciated (we're running Server 2003 fully updated and IIS6)

Looks like a fantastic product can't wait to get it working

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

Home access plus looks SO good, thank you for all your hard work and time.

I feel bad asking for your (or anyones) help but I have hit a brick wall with this.

background...
    Server 2003 STD SP2 running AD, DNS, DHCP
    our ISP is SWGFL
    I have 3 sites that are the same spec/setup for the servers and one is a CC3 network

I have NO background knowledge of VPN's or IIS services (terrible I know but I am sure this will change with the use of this site).

I have followed your instructions (from the PDF on the documentation page of your site) to the letter but nothing is working at all.

I have installed IIs and also installed the .net V4 (4.0.30319) and then I ran windows update just to make sure all was up-to-date and restarted.

During the instructions I came accross a problem, during steps 21-24 I found the wwwroot folder in 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot' but it looks like it has a website in there already so I created another folder on the server 'F:\wwwroot\Extranet' which I added to the 'Home directory' under the 'local path' section. I have set the permissions as stated but I wasn't sure if I should remove the inherited permissions aswell (there is nothing that would denie access to admins or staff).

During steps 27-30 I had a problem as I did not have a site called 'Extranet', only 3 sites ('Default website', 'Administration' and 'Microsoft sharepoint administration' so I created a site called 'extranet'.

At step 31 I selected 'extranet' and the 'starting point' section under the 'Application name' now reads <extranet>. On the ASP.net tab I have the following details...

ASP.net version: 4.0.30319
    Virtual path: Extranet
    file location: f:\wwwroot\extranet\web.config

all the other sections went fine but nothing sems to be doing anything when I type in my address (http://%domianname%/extranet), I am swapping the %domainname% with only my domain name and not the server plus domain name i.e. HAL.myshool.devon.sch.uk. So the address I am typing is...
    http://myschool.devon.sch.uk/extranet
    I get a page back saying...'The URL could not be retieved' 'the domain name does not exist'

I have trolled all the threads in this post and can't find any answers.

So sorry to send such NOOB questions your way but I hope you can help. Please let me know if I have left any important details out that you need to know I have done.

I hope someone can help me as the teachers at all the sites will be SOOOOO happy to have this access at home

P.s I have not done this on the CC3 network yet as they might be upgrading soon.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    SHouldnt it be in c:\wwwroot\inetpub?

Thank Post
    Line 148: <add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" type="CMS.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider,CMS"

As far as I know this should be
    Line 148: <add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" type="CHS.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider,CHS"
    CHS is hard coded in the web files.

10. Thanks to clarky2k3 from:

bert113 (30th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky2k3 View Post
    Line 148: <add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" type="CMS.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider,CMS"

As far as I know this should be
    Line 148: <add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" type="CHS.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider,CHS"
    CHS is hard coded in the web files.
    Thank you this got past that error... now I get this

A referral was returned from the server.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExcep tion: A referral was returned from the server.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x8007202b): A referral was returned from the server.
    ]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +420085
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +31
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +78
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll () +9
    CHS.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntry root, String userName) +153
    CHS.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(Director yEntry root, String username) +35
    CHS.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(St ring username) +10
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +182
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUs erInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +132
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserA llowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +256
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollecti on.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +201
    System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter (Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +8886509
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank Post
    Looks like a problem with you LDAP settings, I would first check that your domain entry, Username (in DOMAIN\Username format) and password are correct. could you post up the contents of your web.config file (obviously removing any passwords etc)?

I posted here about someone who was having similar issues http://www.edugeek.net/forums/web-de...tml#post566945

Let me know if you need more help

Mark

13. Thanks to sister_annex from:

bert113 (4th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Looks like a problem with you LDAP settings, I would first check that your domain entry, Username (in DOMAIN\Username format) and password are correct. could you post up the contents of your web.config file (obviously removing any passwords etc)?

I posted here about someone who was having similar issues Home Access Plus+

Let me know if you need more help

Mark[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I think I've entered everything correctly....

Here is the web.config file (our FQDN is nsnet.net , we logon onto school and as a domain name. Domain controllers khs-alpha & khs-app) I've removed the II7 bit at the end as the post was too long

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
    <configSections>
    <section name="hapConfig" type="HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig, HAP.Web" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" requirePermission="false" />
    </configSections>
    <hapConfig>
    <basesettings establishmentname="Cirencester Kingshill School" establishmentcode="CKS" studentphotohandler="" adminemailuser="devans" adminemailaddress="admin@cirencesterkingshill.glou cs.sch.uk" studentemailformat="{0}@cirencesterkingshill.glouc s.sch.uk" smtpserver="khs-mail.nsnet.net" smtpserverport="25" smtpserverssl="False" smtpserverusername="" smtpserverpassword="" />
    <adsettings adusername="school\administrator" studentsgroupname="Pupils" adpassword="********" adconnectionstring="ADConnectionString">
    <ouobjects>
    <add name="Admins" path="LDAP://khs-alpha.nsnet.net/{0}OU=Technician Users,OU={1},OU=Establishments,DC=khs-alpha,DC=khs-app" />
    <add name="Students" path="LDAP://khs-alpha.nsnet.net/{0}OU=Students,OU={1},OU=Establishments,DC=khs-alpha,DC=khs-app" ignore="True" />
    <add name="Teachers" path="LDAP://khs-alpha.nsnet.net/{0}OU=Teaching Staff,OU={1},OU=Establishments,DC=khs-alpha,DC=khs-app" />
    <add name="NonTeachers" path="LDAP://khs-alpha.nsnet.net/{0}OU=Non-Teaching Staff,OU={1},OU=Establishments,DC=khs-alpha,DC=khs-app" />
    </ouobjects>
    </adsettings>
    <tracker maxstudentlogons="1" maxstafflogons="0" overridecode="3600" />
    <homepagelinks>
    <add name="Update My Details" showto="All" />
    <add name="Change My Password" showto="All" />
    <add name="Browse My School Computer" description="Access your school my documents" showto="All" linklocation="~/mycomputer.aspx" icon="~/images/icons/net.png" />
    <add name="Access a School Computer" description="Run school applications at home" showto="All" linklocation="/rdweb/" icon="~/images/icons/remotedesktop.png" />
    <add name="Access My Webmail" description="Access Student Mail" showto="CHS Students" linklocation="https://schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/webmail/" icon="~/images/icons/email.png" />
    <add name="Access My Emails" description="Access Outlook Web Access" showto="CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff, Domain Admins" linklocation="/exchange/" icon="~/images/icons/email.png" />
    <add name="Access Learning Resources" description="Launch RM Learning Resources" showto="All" linklocation="/easylink/rf/" icon="~/images/icons/school.png" />
    <add name="Help Desk" description="Log a Support Ticket" showto="CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff, Domain Admins" linklocation="~/helpdesk/" icon="~/images/icons/helpdesk.png" />
    <add name="Booking System" description="Book an IT Resource" showto="CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff, Domain Admins" linklocation="~/bookingsystem/" icon="~/images/icons/bookingsystem.png" />
    <add name="RM Management Console" description="RM Management Console" showto="Domain Admins" linklocation="/authorise/" icon="~/images/icons/rm.png" />
    <add name="Logon Tracker" description="View the Logon History" showto="Domain Admins" linklocation="~/tracker/" icon="~/images/icons/tracker.png" />
    </homepagelinks>
    <mycomputer hideextensions=".lnk, .ini">
    <uncpaths>
    <add drive="N" name="My Documents" unc="%homepath%" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" />
    <add drive="Q" name="Department" unc="\\nsnet.net\data\Groups\Department" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" />
    <add drive="O" name="Pupils" unc="\\nsnet.net\data\Pupils" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" />
    </uncpaths>
    <uploadfilters>
    <add name="Access Database" filter="*.mdb;*.accdb" enablefor="All" />
    <add name="Excel Documents" filter="*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlt;*.xltx" enablefor="All" />
    <add name="HTML Files" filter="*.html;*.htm" enablefor="All" />
    <add name="Images" filter="*.jpg;*.gif;*.png;*.bmp;*.jpeg" enablefor="All" />
    <add name="Word Documents" filter="*.doc;*.docx;*.dotx;*.dot;*.txt;*.rft;*.pd f" enablefor="All" />
    <add name="ZIP Files" filter="*.zip" enablefor="All" />
    <add name="All Files" filter="*.*" enablefor="Domain Admins" />
    </uploadfilters>
    </mycomputer>
    <announcementbox showto="All" enableeditto="Domain Admins" proxyaddress="staffproxy.swgfl.org.uk" proxyport="8080" />
    <bookingsystem maxbookingsperweek="3" maxdays="14" twoweektimetable="False">
    <resources>
    <add name="ICT1" type="ITRoom" />
    <add name="ICT2" type="ITRoom" />
    <add name="E3" type="ITRoom" />
    <add name="A6" type="ITRoom" />
    <add name="Laptops" type="Laptops" emailadmin="True" enablecharging="True" />
    </resources>
    <lessons>
    <add name="Lesson 1" starttime="9:00" endtime="10:00" />
    <add name="Lesson 2" starttime="10:00" endtime="11:00" />
    <add name="Lesson 3" starttime="11:25" endtime="12:25" />
    <add name="Lesson 4" starttime="12:25" endtime="13:25" />
    <add name="Lesson 5" starttime="14:30" endtime="15:30" />
    </lessons>
    <subjects>
    <add name="Biology" />
    <add name="Chemistry" />
    <add name="Physics" />
    <add name="Science" />
    <add name="Art" />
    <add name="DT" />
    <add name="Health + Social" />
    <add name="Home Economics" />
    <add name="Textiles" />
    <add name="ICT" />
    <add name="PE" />
    <add name="PSE" />
    <add name="L2L" />
    <add name="Vocational" />
    <add name="Media Studies" />
    <add name="History" />
    <add name="Geography" />
    <add name="RS" />
    <add name="English" />
    <add name="Welsh" />
    <add name="German" />
    <add name="French" />
    <add name="Spanish" />
    <add name="SEN" />
    <add name="Maths" />
    <add name="WBQ" />
    </subjects>
    </bookingsystem>
    </hapConfig>
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://khs-alpha.nsnet.net/DC=khs-alpha,DC=khs-app" />
    </connectionStrings>
    <location path="Default.aspx">
    <system.web>
    <identity impersonate="false" />
    </system.web>
    </location>
    <location path="stylesheet.css">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>
    <location path="basestyle.css">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>
    <location path="mycomputer.css">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>
    <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
    <assemblies>
    <add assembly="System.DirectoryServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />
    <add assembly="System.DirectoryServices.Protocols, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />
    <add assembly="System.DirectoryServices.AccountManageme nt, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
    </assemblies>
    </compilation>
    <authentication mode="Windows">
    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="login.aspx" defaultUrl="default.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="UseDeviceProfile" domain="" enableCrossAppRedirects="false">
    <credentials passwordFormat="SHA1" />
    </forms>
    </authentication>
    <identity impersonate="true" />
    <authorization>
    <allow roles="CKS Easylink" />
    <deny users="*" />
    </authorization>
    <customErrors mode="Off" />
    <membership defaultProvider="DomainLoginMembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <add name="DomainLoginMembershipProvider" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" type="CHS.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,CHS" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="school\administrator" connectionPassword="**********" />
    </providers>
    </membership>
    <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider">
    <providers>
    <clear />
    <add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" type="CHS.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider,CHS" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="school\administrator" connectionPassword="********" />
    </providers>
    </roleManager>
    <pages controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="4.0" />
    </system.web>
    <!--

Any help further help would be really appreciated, apologies in advance if I've done something really daft.

Duncan

Thank Post
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://khs-alpha.nsnet.net/DC=khs-alpha,DC=khs-app" />
    </connectionStrings>

The Connection string should look more like:

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://khs-alpha.nsnet.net/DC=nsnet,DC=net" />
    </connectionStrings>

Then go through:

<homepagelinks>
    <add name="Update My Details" showto="All" />
    <add name="Change My Password" showto="All" />
    <add name="Browse My School Computer" description="Access your school my documents" showto="All" linklocation="~/mycomputer.aspx" icon="~/images/icons/net.png" />
    <add name="Access a School Computer" description="Run school applications at home" showto="All" linklocation="/rdweb/" icon="~/images/icons/remotedesktop.png" />
    <add name="Access My Webmail" description="Access Student Mail" showto="CHS Students" linklocation="https://schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/webmail/" icon="~/images/icons/email.png" />
    <add name="Access My Emails" description="Access Outlook Web Access" showto="CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff, Domain Admins" linklocation="/exchange/" icon="~/images/icons/email.png" />
    <add name="Access Learning Resources" description="Launch RM Learning Resources" showto="All" linklocation="/easylink/rf/" icon="~/images/icons/school.png" />
    <add name="Help Desk" description="Log a Support Ticket" showto="CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff, Domain Admins" linklocation="~/helpdesk/" icon="~/images/icons/helpdesk.png" />
    <add name="Booking System" description="Book an IT Resource" showto="CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff, Domain Admins" linklocation="~/bookingsystem/" icon="~/images/icons/bookingsystem.png" />
    <add name="RM Management Console" description="RM Management Console" showto="Domain Admins" linklocation="/authorise/" icon="~/images/icons/rm.png" />
    <add name="Logon Tracker" description="View the Logon History" showto="Domain Admins" linklocation="~/tracker/" icon="~/images/icons/tracker.png" />
    </homepagelinks>

Changing the showto= sections to be AD groups

16. Thanks to nickbro from:

bert113 (4th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanks Nick you beat me too it

Mark

Thank Post
    We've just installed HAP on our web server, but can't seem to get it working.

We've followed the HAPConfig.exe wizard through but when we visit the website it just keeps asking for a password.

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I've checked that basic authentication is set on the server and the Default domain is set correctly.

Any ideas?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread