+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus+ in Projects:; nick, cracking piece of software. was just wondering if and how it would be possible to add a logout facility ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    nick, cracking piece of software. was just wondering if and how it would be possible to add a logout facility to the main page (default.aspx)
    just a basic bit of text they click on to clear the authentication and return them to the page before login. or if possible being able to add it to the set of icons in the web.config

i had tried: FormsAuthentication.Signout() but to be honest i don't know anything about asp and that was just from googling it for help.

thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,251 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    was just wondering if and how it would be possible to add a logout facility to the main page
    Does this answer your question:

Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    The logout button has been discussed. Because of the way we authenticate, you need to close the browser to logout

3. Thanks to sparkeh from:

MK-2 (3rd September 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Does this answer your question:
    it might do

sorry, schoolboy error of not reading things thoroughly!

Thank Post
    The information message you get when you try to rename a file/folder to the same name, can it be changed? It's confusing I think.

"Please enter a different name for this file/folder or press cancel to keep the current name."

Or something would be better.

Thank Post

internet security dialog box when download files

Hi All

How does everyone get around the internet security dialog box when downloading a file from home access plus?

Do you just tell your users they add it to trusted sites and get them to change the security level?

Just wondered if there was anyway of achieving this without users having to do anything

Thanks

Alan

Thank Post
    We use a paid for SSL cert, which does away with the security box. The yellow box at the top of the page is another matter, and just needs doing onces per session. (Annoying I know, but IE is annoying like that)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    The information message you get when you try to rename a file/folder to the same name, can it be changed? It's confusing I think.

"Please enter a different name for this file/folder or press cancel to keep the current name."

Or something would be better.
    Done. Will be out later today, a long with a log out button, and hopefully a change my password button!

Thank Post
    v5.2.8 is now available on Home Access Plus+. There is a 1 line addition to the web.config for the change my password box, which you will need to copy and paste into your web.config

Thank Post
    No change log?

Home Access Plus+

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    No change log?

Home Access Plus+
    Sorry didn't copy it from the release page

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Done. Will be out later today, a long with a log out button, and hopefully a change my password button!
    The logout button simply displays text which says close browser? If a person doesn't clear cookies, will they still be prompted for login when they visit the site again?

Also, this logout button breaks the Silverlight browser. Press it when using the SL mode and you'll see what I mean.

Thank Post
    Because the authentication method for HAP is IIS's basic authentication, you need to close your browser to actually log out

The logout button is now fixed

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Nick,

is there any way of adding a "save as" or "download to" option in the right click menu of silverlight browser? In the same way you can "upload to" and select a local file to upload, but you right click on a file in my docs, download to, and then get a location box to save the download to.
    i know it seems a bit picky, we just have some staff concerned that if you double click the file and open it, it then opens in temp internet files so could confuse some kids (or some staff more likely!).

they are used to using webdav so could open a file and when they went to save, it defaulted back to the webdav folder so they never actually saved the file to their machine, and i think being able to download to a certain directory might be a happy medium for them.

Cheers

Sorry to add another one, but with the main page links (in the web.config file) is it possible to have them open in a new window? You know how in html it would be <a href=test.html target=_blank>, as we have links to other facilities which i dont want it opening in the main page.
    Didn't know if there was a way of having it as an option to open in same page or new page?
    Cheers again!
    Last edited by MK-2; 8th September 2010 at 12:13 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,
    Sorry to add another one, but with the main page links (in the web.config file) is it possible to have them open in a new window? You know how in html it would be <a href=test.html target=_blank>, as we have links to other facilities which i dont want it opening in the main page.
    Didn't know if there was a way of having it as an option to open in same page or new page?
    Cheers again!
    To open in a new window, use javascript. javascript:window.open('test.html'). That should work.

16. Thanks to nickbro from:

MK-2 (9th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

is there any way of adding a "save as" or "download to" option in the right click menu of silverlight browser? In the same way you can "upload to" and select a local file to upload, but you right click on a file in my docs, download to, and then get a location box to save the download to.
    i know it seems a bit picky, we just have some staff concerned that if you double click the file and open it, it then opens in temp internet files so could confuse some kids (or some staff more likely!).

they are used to using webdav so could open a file and when they went to save, it defaulted back to the webdav folder so they never actually saved the file to their machine, and i think being able to download to a certain directory might be a happy medium for them.

Cheers
    Is there any chance of adding this to the issue tracker on codeplex? It will be in the next release if i remember

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread