+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, hapconfig.xml changes between versions in Projects:; We have been running HAP 8.1.1003.0 for a few years and, as we are upgrading all of our servers, I've ...

Thank Post

hapconfig.xml changes between versions

We have been running HAP 8.1.1003.0 for a few years and, as we are upgrading all of our servers, I've just installed 10.1.420.1900 on a brand new server 2012.

Everything went fine except when I directly edit hapconfig.xml, the whole system goes pear-shaped. I have a working hapconfig.xml in version 8.1 that I'd like to convert over to a version 10.1 compatible version. Is this possible? It would be a huge job to reconfigure the whole thing as we have drive mappings and group-specific stuff etc

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    You should be able to upgrade from v8.1 to v10.1, just copy the hapConfig.xml file over and run HAP. you may need to go to the setup page and just reenter you ad credentials and save

3. Thanks to nickbro from:

peterdwyer (30th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks for your reply. I think my problem was that I ran Setup.aspx (which created a new hapconfig.xml) and then copied bits from my old hapconfig.xml into it. There are definitely some syntax differences in the "mapping" section. If I'd not run Setup.aspx first, I guess that all would have gone properly.

One example:
    Old syntax fro 8.1 that didn't work on 10.1
    <mapping drive="H" name="Doco" enablereadto="Domain Admins, it_support_staff" enablewriteto="Domain Admins, it_support_staff" enablemove="True" usagemode="DriveSpace">\\senior1\doco$</mapping>

New syntax
    <mapping drive="H" name="Doco" enablereadto="domain admins, it_support_staff" enablewriteto="domain admins, it_support_staff" usagemode="Quota">\\server1\doco$</mapping>
    Possible cause?
    'enablemove="True"' seems to have been deprecated - it caused 10.1 to show script errors

I guess that 10.1 might have "fixed" these script errors if running on a brand new system

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread