+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, DirectEdit in Projects:; As it was my suggestion I thought i'd play with DirectEdit on my v10 install. Am I right in saying ...
    Thank Post

DirectEdit

As it was my suggestion I thought i'd play with DirectEdit on my v10 install.

Am I right in saying that the http://www.nbdev.co.uk/hap/directedit.aspx is down? I cannot get in, I get a 404.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Got it, ta. Do I just push that via GPO? And host it on the website so if others want to use DirecEdit on their machines they just install it?

Thank Post
    You can, you will need to edit ~/myfiles/directedit.aspx and update the link, i've put the wrong one up there

Thank Post
    I've also tried DirectEdit with my 10.1 installation. It installed and seemed to integrate with HAP OK. It started the application (MS Word) when I chose a document and right-clicked "DirectEdit", but it only showed a blank document. It's as if it hasn't downloaded the document to the application

I've had a look at ~/MyFiles/DirectEdit.aspx and there doesn't seem to be anything that's configurable. I know I'm probably missing something but don't know what. Is there any documentation?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Direct edit should just work, it uses the standard system for downloading and a slightly altered system for uploading.

It will download the file into the %temp% folder

Thank Post
    Thanks for your reply. I've tried it on both MSIE (v11) and Chrome (v35.0.xxx) and had the same result. Thinking that our Group Policies might be affecting the application, I even tried it on the Windows XP machine that I keep salted away for testing :-) Still got the same result that is, DirectEdit appears to believe that it has downloaded the file but it's actually downloaded nothing. I've attached a screen shot (overlaid with directory listing) showing that there is a zero byte file in %temp%

If you need more info, please ask... Thanks

DirectEdit-directedit01.jpg

Thank Post
    My issue reported on 9th July seems to have fallen through the cracks. Although DirectEdit is a "nice to have" feature, it's not mission-critical for us. I still can't get it working. Refer to the image in my previous post. Although the file *appears* to download to the %temp% folder it actually downloads as a zero-byte file.

I wonder if the fact that we are using a self-signed certificate might contribute to the problem (server is still in testing). Or, perhaps might a Proxy Setting or local security setting/policy be getting in the way of downloading the files for editing? It's certainly not security access as most of the files tested are in my home folder. Any suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks

Thank Post
    I don't think it's a self signed cert issue, but I'll add the code to the program when I get home which disables the certificate check.

I'm more thinking it's to do with a reverse proxy. Do you do any user agent filtering on your firewall/reverse proxy?

DirectEdit's user agent is:
    HAPDirectEdit/1.0 (Windows)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    I don't think it's a self signed cert issue, but I'll add the code to the program when I get home which disables the certificate check.

I'm more thinking it's to do with a reverse proxy. Do you do any user agent filtering on your firewall/reverse proxy?

DirectEdit's user agent is:
    HAPDirectEdit/1.0 (Windows)
    Sorry about delay in replying. I'm on holidays in a place with patchy internet access. Yes, we do use a proxy internally and it has some pretty weird rules. I will have to get back to you about "user agent filtering on your firewall/reverse proxy?"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information