+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Timeout Settings in Projects:; Hi, I'm trying to find a way to terminate users after a period of inactivity and am having no luck, ...

Thank Post

Timeout Settings

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to terminate users after a period of inactivity and am having no luck, can anyone assist? Is there a setting in the config file(s) that instruct HAP to kill a session after 10 minutes of idle time? I've tried the settings in IIS to no avail.

Thanks,

DT in CP

Thank Post
    Can you expand a little on what you are trying to do? The user will remain logged in until the browser session terminates, as it uses a session cookie for authentication.

Thank Post
    Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. You have a great solution and it is fitting in very nicely here at my k12. As for the log in session question, I have tried to modify the session timeouts in IIS but it appears to not have any effect as I can log in as a user, remain idle for long periods of time, sometimes an hour or more, and when I return to the browser and click somewhere in the web page I am not presented with the log in screen again. Instead I can browse my files and folders as if I never left. I'd like to change this in order to protect the users that may leave a machine logged on and accessible to others. I'm sure I'm not looking in the right place. I'd like a user's session to expire after 10 minutes of inactivity, can you guide me on how to do that please?

Thanks again,
    DT

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread