+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Missing Upload Option for some users in myfiles in Projects:; I recently found Home Access Plus+. I think it will be a wonderful fit for the K-12 that I work ...

Thank Post

Missing Upload Option for some users in myfiles

I recently found Home Access Plus+. I think it will be a wonderful fit for the K-12 that I work for. I've set everything up and for most users when they try and access their home drive mapping it allows them the ability to upload items. I have others that have the exact same mappings and they never receive the upload option. I have tried changing the mappings from %homedir% to the exact homedirve location and that doesn't seem to affect anything. The users can save and edit files in their homedirectory on a windows machine as normal, so it doesn't appear to be a security rights issue. We're using Server 2012 R2 Update 1 on the server hosting Home Access Plus. I've tried different browsers, all with the same results. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. I would love to roll this out for the start of school in August. Is there a way to force the upload option to stay on the screen all the time?

Thanks
    Aaron

Thank Post
    In the HAPConfig.xml file what is set in the MyFiles section?

3. Thanks to nickbro from:

jeepster94 (4th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Below is the myfiles section. It appears to be an issue with NTFS security. I was blocking more than I should to try and keep students out of faculty folders, but one building didn't have as much security as the others so that is why it was hit or miss. I think I have it going now. Thank you Nick for the quick response.

<myfiles hideextensions=".lnk,.ini" writechecks="True" LiveAppId="">
    <mappings>
    <mapping drive="H" name="Home Drive" enablereadto="Domain Users" enablewriteto="Domain Users" usagemode="DriveSpace">%homedir%</mapping>
    <mapping drive="F" name="Shared Folders" enablereadto="All" enablewriteto="All" usagemode="DriveSpace">\\server\shared\sys\shared</mapping>
    </mappings>
    <filters>
    <filter name="Access Database" expression="*.mdb;*.accdb" enablefor="All" />
    <filter name="Excel Documents" expression="*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlt;*.xltx" enablefor="All" />
    <filter name="HTML Files" expression="*.html;*.htm" enablefor="All" />
    <filter name="Images" expression="*.jpg;*.gif;*.png;*.bmp;*.jpeg" enablefor="All" />
    <filter name="Powerpoint Files" expression="*.ppt;*.pptx;*.pptx;*.ppt" enablefor="All" />
    <filter name="Word Documents" expression="*.doc;*.docx;*.dotx;*.dot;*.txt;*.rtf; *.pdf" enablefor="All" />
    <filter name="ZIP Files" expression="*.zip" enablefor="All" />
    <filter name="All Files" expression="*.*" enablefor="All" />
    </filters>
    <quotaservers />
    </myfiles>
    Last edited by jeepster94; 4th June 2014 at 09:35 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread