+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Mapping Network Shares, SIMS and Email in Projects:; Hi So I have finally got HAP+ working. I'm now looking to get this fully integrated. so I need to ...

Thank Post

Mapping Network Shares, SIMS and Email

Hi

So I have finally got HAP+ working. I'm now looking to get this fully integrated. so I need to some help.

1. I cant seem to get the mappings to map network drives and is it possible to have different mappings for students and staff?

2. how to i get SIMS as an app in the HAP tiles

3. We use office365 and to log into this we go to https://login.microsoftonline.com. how do i get the email tile to open that link???

Thanks

uffy2000

Thank Post
    Or can anyone point me to some instructables on how to add mappings? or any of these other things.....

Thank Post
    I have changed the URL on the email so that is ok.

How do I add RDP to the tiles on HAP?

Thank Post
    I have now managed to get user home areas to Map.

How to I specify that certain users get certain mapped drives for instance. teachers get a teachers drive and students get a student drive, but I don't want the students to get the teachers drive I assume I do this through the read/write groups?

Im also getting this when I enter the drive An error occurred in Home Access Plus+

Page: System.ServiceModel.Web

The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter HAP.Web.API:drive. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type System.String. The token ':' was expected but found ','.'. Please see InnerException for more details.

System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.NetDispatcherFaultE xception: The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter HAP.Web.API:drive. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type System.String. The token ':' was expected but found ','.'. Please see InnerException for more details. ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationExceptio n: There was an error deserializing the object of type System.String. The token ':' was expected but found ','. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The token ':' was expected but found ','.
    at System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.ThrowXmlException(Xm lDictionaryReader reader, String res, String arg1, String arg2, String arg3)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.XmlJsonReader.Sk ipExpectedByteInBufferReader(Byte characterToSkip)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.XmlJsonReader.Pa rseStartElement()
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.XmlJsonReader.Re ad()
    at System.Xml.XmlBaseReader.ReadElementContentAsStrin g()
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.JsonStringDataCo ntract.ReadJsonValueCore(XmlReaderDelegator jsonReader, XmlObjectSerializerReadContextComplexJson context)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.JsonDataContract .ReadJsonValue(XmlReaderDelegator jsonReader, XmlObjectSerializerReadContextComplexJson context)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.DataContractJson Serializer.InternalReadObject(XmlReaderDelegator xmlReader, Boolean verifyObjectName)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.R eadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.R eadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.DataContractJson Serializer.ReadObject(XmlDictionaryReader reader, Boolean verifyObjectName)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractSeriali zerOperationFormatter.PartInfo.ReadObject(XmlDicti onaryReader reader, XmlObjectSerializer serializer)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSer ializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameterPart (XmlDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo part)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSer ializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameterPart (XmlDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo part)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSer ializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameters(Xm lDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo[] parts, Object[] parameters, PartInfo returnInfo, Object& returnValue)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSer ializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBodyCore(XmlD ictionaryReader reader, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSer ializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBody(XmlDicti onaryReader reader, MessageVersion version, String action, MessageDescription messageDescription, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter. DeserializeBodyContents(Message message, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter. DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DemultiplexingDispa tchMessageFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.UriTemplateDispatch Formatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.DeserializeInputs(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process( Boolean isOperationContextSet)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSer ializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameters(Xm lDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo[] parts, Object[] parameters, PartInfo returnInfo, Object& returnValue)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSer ializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBodyCore(XmlD ictionaryReader reader, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSer ializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBody(XmlDicti onaryReader reader, MessageVersion version, String action, MessageDescription messageDescription, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter. DeserializeBodyContents(Message message, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter. DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DemultiplexingDispa tchMessageFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.UriTemplateDispatch Formatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.DeserializeInputs(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process( Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Thank Post
    Known issue, and has been fixed for the v10 release

6. 2 Thanks to nickbro:

speckytecky (21st February 2014), uffy2000 (21st February 2014)

Thank Post
    has the V10 update been release yet?

Thank Post
    Hi Nick

Is it possible to setup the mappings so that students see certain Drive mappings and Staff certain Drive Mappings when they log in?

Thank Post
    Yes, but the drive letter needs to be unique

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Yes, but the drive letter needs to be unique
    Hi Nick

Thanks for this info. So I just need to assign a drive letter that is not in use i.e. M. Is it the group builder determine who gets the drive?

Thank Post
    Hmm nick that error as mentioned earlier, does that stop the Mapped drives from showing in My Files when I log into HAP

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread