+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP+ 9.7 Server 2012 R2 - Token cookie issues and Invalid credentials in Projects:; Hey all, Wondering if I could get some help please. Overcame a few issues trying to get a fresh install ...
    KYS

Thank Post

Question HAP+ 9.7 Server 2012 R2 - Token cookie issues and Invalid credentials

Hey all,

Wondering if I could get some help please. Overcame a few issues trying to get a fresh install working on Server 2012 R2 (mainly services activated had a Cross against it and the tabs weren't allowing access) However, resolved these issues and now struggling with the following.

All setup pages are completed (using the currently in use setup on an old server) but two things;

Firstly, after changing the web.config file (as instructed) to restrict access to the setup.aspx page it wont allow any access to it at all. At the moment it is still set to allow * until I figure out what is going wrong.
    Secondly, when going to the HAP in the normal manner (not via the setup), I get multiple issues. Home page - !Token Cookie Missing, user not logged in correctly. !Invalid Administrator Credentials, you may need to get your administrator to reset the HAP+ Settings for Active Directory (x2). My Files - !Token Cookie Missing, user not logged in correctly (x2).

How can I resolve the login issues? This version is not live yet until I have it running without issues.

However, I am excited about moving over to the latest version. Currently using version 8 and have been for quite a while.

I look forward to your responses. I want to get this up and running ASAP!

Thank you in advance.

KYS

Thank Post
    On the setup page, reenter the administrators password and save, it could be an out of date password

KYS

Thank Post
    Hey,

I have tried this but no success I am afraid. Still same errors throughout.

It is as though it is not correctly linked with AD. It would only show the AD tree on the setup page if the domain account admin password was present. Seemed a little bit buggy.

Maybe I have missed a change or something the config file?

Regards,

KYS

Thank Post
    Security policy means that the AD tree is only loaded when the admin password is entered.

Check you have enabled local logon rights on that server for all users to log in, apart from that I'm a bit stumped, it doesn't seem to be loading correctly

KYS

Thank Post
    I have done all that now and made a few other changes which instead of accessing the application straight away it prompts for login. However - Ive set the authorisation for deny ? and allow IT Staff (the group I defined in the AD setup section) but I now get the following error when I try log in (with and without an admin account):
    Server Error in '/HAP' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
    request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and
    where it originated in the code.

Exception Details:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an
    object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
    current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
    exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] HAP.Data.SQL.WebEvents.Log(WebTrackerEvent Event) +122 HAP.Web.Login.login_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2202 System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBack Event(String eventArgument) +152 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3803

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET
    Version:4.0.30319.33440

Thank Post
    Ok, 1st one, check the anonumous user identity is set to application pool identity in IIS
    2nd, make sure the provider for the tracker is set to XML or a sql connection string's name in the web.config file, needs to be left as XML by default

KYS

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have made sure that both of the above settings are set as suggested and they are. I am using a SQLConnectionString rather than XML.

Not sure where to go from here. Below is the error:

Method is only supported if the user name parameter matches the user name in the current Windows Identity.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: Method is only supported if the user name parameter matches the user name in the current Windows Identity.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ProviderException: Method is only supported if the user name parameter matches the user name in the current Windows Identity.] System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider.GetCu rrentWindowsIdentityAndCheckName(String userName) +3564836 System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider.GetCu rrentTokenAndCheckName(String userName) +49 System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider.GetRo lesForUser(String username) +143 HAP.AD.RoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String username) +94 System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +12035032 HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +692 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.33440

Regards,

KYS

Thank Post
    Are you using standard forms authentication or Windows authentication inside HAP?

What's the connection string you are now using?

KYS

Thank Post
    Forms authentication is set up in IIS for HAP. The connection on HAP under tracking - Provider is set to: SQLConnectionString and the string is: Server=sqlserver\itservices;Database=hap;User ID=homeaccessplus;Password=●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Please let me know if I can provide you with any further info.

Regards,

KYS

Thank Post
    ok, that's correct, that's like the one I'm using

Code:
    Server=cri-svr-002;Database=hap;User Id=hap;Password=x
    Which page do you get this error on?
    Last edited by nickbro; 11th February 2014 at 04:56 PM.

KYS

Thank Post
    This is when I am just starting out - I can access the setup.aspx page fine. When I go to the default page I get the login screen - I put in my credentials and click 'Login' and thats when this error occurs. I have not changed the setup.aspx age to just allow domain admins as of yet, but this shouldn't affect the accessibility via the default page?

Thank Post
    Nope it shouldn't. Can you try switching back to the XML provider and see if it works

KYS

Thank Post
    I have tried this before. But just changed it back to XML and the error is similar/same:

Method is only supported if the user name parameter matches the user name in the current Windows Identity.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: Method is only supported if the user name parameter matches the user name in the current Windows Identity.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ProviderException: Method is only supported if the user name parameter matches the user name in the current Windows Identity.] System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider.GetCu rrentWindowsIdentityAndCheckName(String userName) +3564836 System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider.GetCu rrentTokenAndCheckName(String userName) +49 System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider.GetRo lesForUser(String username) +143 HAP.AD.RoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String username) +94 System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +12035032 HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +692 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.33440

Thank Post
    Can you try replacing the web.config file with a fresh copy from main v9.7 release, looks like something has become corrupt, also try backing up your hapconfig.xml file and then delete it, hopefully HAP+ will recreate it

KYS

Thank Post
    Hey, I replaced the web.config file and commented out the bit for IIS 8. Still then got the same error. I then backed up and removed the hapconfig.xml file. This then defaulted to a blank setup page and indicated that services were not activated. I returned the hapconfig file and left the new web.config and again this then indicated services were not activated. The services only appear to be activated using my original hapconfig.xml and web.config files together. Regards, KYS

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast