+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP Help Please in Projects:; Hi, I am trying to get a test version of HAP 9.0 (Wednesday version) running on a test server Windows ...
    JBE

Thank Post

HAP Help Please

Hi, I am trying to get a test version of HAP 9.0 (Wednesday version) running on a test server Windows 2008 using IIS 7. I have managed to get HAP to run on the server. However, the screen does not show correctly. None of the picture formatting is showing on the webpage. I have spent ages checking permissions and settings against the setup instructions, but am at a loss. It's almost as though the browser is missing something like flash, but it's the same when using chrome, so am at a loss. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers

Thank Post
    1. Make sure to install 9.7 upgrade
    2. Edit the web.config file and look for SVG, it'll have a comment above it saying you may need to remove this line in some installs

JBE

Thank Post
    Hi, Thanks for the info. unfortunately this has not worked. I now get this in the browser: Can you help? Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.doUpgrade(Version version) +9721 HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig..ctor() +654 HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.get_Current() +135 HAP.Web.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +52 [HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCa lledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +12949749 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscripti onsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +175 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplica tionState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplic ationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeAppli cation(IntPtr appContext) +475 [HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContex t context) +12966756 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(Http Context context) +159 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationP rivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12806561 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18408
    Last edited by JBE; 10th December 2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Tidy Up

Thank Post
    Ok, delete ~/app_data/hapconfig.xml, or rename it, HAP+ will generate a new one

5. Thanks to nickbro from:

JBE (10th December 2013)

JBE

Thank Post
    That has done the trick. We now have a working webpage. Thanks very much for your help

JBE

Thank Post

Back Again

Hi, I am hoping for some help. As from yesterday, I have working webpage and the check list is all ticked on the welcome page. However, when I try and set anything up and save it. I am getting an error message. I thought that it might be permissions, but they all seem to as instructions. Can you help. here is the error that appears at the top of the browser: A Error has occured: Error Saving the Configuration The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. Inaccessible logs: Security. at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration (String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly, Boolean wantToCreate) at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName, Boolean wantToCreate) at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source) at HAP.Web.Setup.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e

Thank Post
    Have you tried searching this forum for that error

JBE

Thank Post
    I was on this to late last night, but still problems: Searching the forum, I thought that it could be a permissions issue, and had in error changed permissions and locked myself out of the hap folder, After regaining permissions, I re-installed Hap as per the documentation for IIs7 However, am now getting the red cross under services activated, I am using this as HTTPS. If I go to: https://localhost/HAP/api/setup I get this error: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Detailed Error Information Module CustomErrorModule Notification SendResponse Handler System.ServiceModel.Activation.AspNetRouteServiceH ttpHandler Error Code 0x800700b7 Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'mimeMap' with unique key attribute 'fileExtension' set to '.mp4' Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Hap\web.config Requested URL https://localhost:443/HAP/api/setup Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Hap\api\setup Logon Method Anonymous Logon User Anonymous Config Source 212: 213: 214: Any Help would be great￿￿

Thank Post
    Ok, are you using Server 2012? You'll need to remove the section marked <!-- Remove this section if you use IIS8/2012 -->

JBE

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Ok, are you using Server 2012? You'll need to remove the section marked <!-- Remove this section if you use IIS8/2012 -->
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for all the help so far.

It's actually Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 Installed

So, today. I completely started again following instructions and I get three ticks. However, when trying to save anything, I was getting the same error again, so I added permissions for HAP in the registry folder and I now get a different message when trying to save anything, which is:

A Error has occured: Error Saving the Configuration
    More... Unknown error (0x80005000)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.P opulateList() at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.. ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName) at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_It em(String propertyName) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Princip alContext.DoLDAPDirectoryInitNoContainer() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Princip alContext.DoDomainInit() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Princip alContext.Initialize() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Princip alContext.get_QueryCtx() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Princip al.FindByIdentityWithTypeHelper(PrincipalContext context, Type principalType, Nullable`1 identityType, String identityValue, DateTime refDate) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.UserPri ncipal.FindByIdentity(PrincipalContext context, String identityValue) at HAP.AD.User.get_UserP() at HAP.AD.User.Authenticate(String username, String password) at HAP.Web.Setup.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I am just about to re-boot the server, but don't hold any hope.

I'm sure it can't be this hard to get this configured.

Thank Post
    Error 80005000 is usually fixed with a server restart, it's a pain but it's a COM legacy thing

JBE

Thank Post
    I performed a serve restart, but alas still the same error.

JBE

Thank Post
    It's all OK Now. I have sorted it, I over egged the permissions in the registry. Changed them to how they should have been and hey presto! Thanks again Nick.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread