+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Static Booking / AD issues in Projects:; Hi I'm using version 9.0.424.1200. I'm in the process of configuring the Booking System, I've ran the SIMS report and ...

Thank Post

Static Booking / AD issues

Hi

I'm using version 9.0.424.1200. I'm in the process of configuring the Booking System, I've ran the SIMS report and I'm trying to import the XML into the BS CP. I'm getting the following error:

Code:
    Sequence contains more than one matching element
    I assume that it is related to this:

CAUTION: The Teacher's Name from the SIMS Export (Title Initial Surname) needs to equal the Notes/Display Name field in AD for that user, or the Notes/Display name only has one person with that surname
    The latter bit of that is not clear, it says that it must equal the AD Display Name OR only have one person with a surname. Should that be AND? Can teachers with the same surname exist? We have several...

Any ideas?

Thank Post
    I've removed the records containing the duplicate surnames so now all teachers have unique surnames, I'm still getting the same error.

Code:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sequence contains more than one matching element 

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element]
       System.Linq.Enumerable.Single(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +4134592
       HAP.Web.BookingSystem.admin.Default.importSIMS_Click(Object sender, EventArgs args) +643
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +155
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804
    -------

So I've been through the SIMS output (sims-bookings.xml) and found several duplicated entries, I've removed these and now the file seems to import (I assume so as I receive no error, nor a confirmation).

My problem now is that nothing shows on the booking form, I'm guessing I have misconfigured it but as I cannot find any documentation relating to the booking form I have nothing to confirm this. Do the Lessons need to have particular names? I really could do with some pointers here..
    Last edited by 7UD9; 7th November 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Thank Post
    You need to program the lessons and resources in the HAP Config system, setting lesson times, etc. You will then go to the Booking System CP and set the term dates. You can inspect staticbookings.xml and see what's appearing

Thank Post
    Thanks Nick, I have done that, I just don't know if I've done it right. Staticbookings.xml is completely empty.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Bookings>
    </Bookings>

Here's the bookingsystem section from HAPconfig.xml

Code:
    <bookingsystem maxbookingsperweek="100" maxdays="56" admins="" keepxmlclean="True" twoweektimetable="True" enablemultilesson="false" maxmultilesson="0">
        <resources>
          <resource name="122" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="All" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="125" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="131" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="203" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="217" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="219" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="223" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="J4" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="M3" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
          <resource name="M7" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="all" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" disclaimer="" />
        </resources>
        <lessons>
          <lesson name="Registration" type="BeforeSchool" starttime="09:00" endtime="09:15" />
          <lesson name="Period 1" type="Lesson" starttime="09:15" endtime="10:05" />
          <lesson name="Period 2" type="Lesson" starttime="10:05" endtime="10:55" />
          <lesson name="Period 3" type="Lesson" starttime="11:15" endtime="12:05" />
          <lesson name="Period 4" type="Lesson" starttime="12:05" endtime="12:55" />
          <lesson name="Period 5" type="Lesson" starttime="13:40" endtime="14:35" />
          <lesson name="Period 6" type="Lesson" starttime="14:35" endtime="15:25" />
          <lesson name="After School" type="AfterSchool" starttime="15:25" endtime="16:30" />
        </lessons>
        <subjects>
    	  <subject name="Art" />
    	  <subject name="Business Studies" />
    	  <subject name="Drama" />
          <subject name="English" />
    	  <subject name="Film" />
    	  <subject name="Food Technology" />
    	  <subject name="Geography" />
    	  <subject name="Graphics" />
    	  <subject name="Health and Social Care" />
    	  <subject name="History" />
    	  <subject name="IT" />
          <subject name="Maths" />
    	  <subject name="Media" />
    	  <subject name="Modern Foreign Languages" />
    	  <subject name="Music" />     
    	  <subject name="PE" />
    	  <subject name="PSHE" />
    	  <subject name="Religious Studies" />
    	  <subject name="Science" />	  
        </subjects>
      </bookingsystem>

I've just noticed I had named the sims-bookings.xml incorrectly, this is why I no longer received the error. Now the file is named correctly I am back to receiving the "Sequence contains more than one matching element" error.
    Last edited by 7UD9; 8th November 2013 at 09:21 AM.

Thank Post
    I got around this by entering the room bookings directly into StaticBookings.xml

Thank Post
    Good to hear, sorry if it was extra work. The import system can be very hit and miss, as I only had our timetable to work with.

Thank Post
    the output from SIMS needed a lot of editing anyway, we have a strange username convention.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread