Home Access Plus+ Thread, Booking system - no response to clicks in Projects:; Just setting up the Booking System, and have encountered an issue: when I click on the pencil in the corner ...
31st August 2013, 09:37 PM #1
Booking system - no response to clicks
Just setting up the Booking System, and have encountered an issue: when I click on the pencil in the corner of a timetable field, absolutely nothing happens. No JS errors are logged in Firebug, just nothing.
I have the same lack of response to clicking on different days in the 'Overview Calendar'.
Any ideas appreciated!
IDG Tech News
31st August 2013, 10:01 PM #2
You don't need to click in the corner as that is just a label telling you what you can do.
Hmm very odd. Does the URL of the page change when you click on Days in the overview Calendar? It should add #dd-mm-yy
31st August 2013, 10:12 PM #3
The 'Overview Calendar' thing has been resolved by clearing the browser cache, however the issue with clicking on bookings remains. When I click on a booking, the URL does not change at all. However, if I try to navigate to the link target URL (as in '
https://server/HAP/bookingsystem/#A1-period2') I get: The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 0.
Any idea which string is it referring to? I get a feeling this is something borked in the booking system setup files, but we need to know which string is invalid...
Thanks for your help so far
31st August 2013, 10:22 PM #4
Looks like an error is happening. The hashtag (#) in the address should only contain a date, if it doesn't then something is going wrong. You will need to do some HAP+ JSON Debugging to find out why the URL is getting like that
31st August 2013, 10:27 PM #5
Wait, so the target URL when I click on a booking field to book a room should contain a date?
31st August 2013, 10:29 PM #6
Thanks to nickbro from:
FishCustard (31st August 2013)
31st August 2013, 10:31 PM #7
Riiiiight, got it.
It's simply doing nothing - no reloads, no popups, just sitting there.
31st August 2013, 10:32 PM #8
Ok can you look at the developer tools in the browser and see if anything is getting logged into the console.
2nd September 2013, 12:42 AM #9
Nothing whatsoever logged to the console, all the 'Free' fields have the following CSS class=" booked" (i.e. a class list of null/a space, and then 'booked') - that doesn't look right. When I manually replace it with 'free', I get the CSS animation, but still no event.
Adding things to the StaticBookings.xml file (which previously contained nothing) also has no effect on this issue. The static bookings show up, but no other change.
Last edited by FishCustard; 2nd September 2013 at 12:44 AM.
2nd September 2013, 01:05 AM #10
I think I might have it - I believe all the rooms are being treated as read-only to all users. I put the name of an Active Directory group ('Staff Users') in the readwriteto= field in hap_config.xml for each room, is that correct?
<resource name="A2" type="Room" admins="Inherit" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="Staff Users" hidefrom="" years="Inherit" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="Staff Users" disclaimer="" canshare="True" enablenotes="false" />
2nd September 2013, 01:08 AM #11
readwriteto="All" will do it as well
Thanks to nickbro from:
FishCustard (2nd September 2013)
2nd September 2013, 01:09 AM #12
Thanks, Nick, I'd just tried removing the Staff Users group (so there's nothing in there at all) and it now works perfectly. Mark this ticket 'closed - PEBKAC'....
Now to get SIMS to give me all the room data, not just two lessons for one room... -__-
EDIT: Just fixed that too. You might want to mention in the Codeplex documentation that the SIMS RptDef file needs to be edited to reflect your school's IT rooms. E3 for instance here is something completely different! :P For some reason I thought it'd just give me everything.
Last edited by FishCustard; 2nd September 2013 at 01:19 AM.
2nd September 2013, 01:25 AM #13
Editing the room is in documentation PDF file. It's been a while since I coded that. I manually put the stuff in, so hard to remember sometimes. Good to hear it's all working now :-)
2nd September 2013, 01:49 AM #14
Ahh, right okay. I need to remember to RTFM!!
Sorry, would you mind clearing something else up, when I try to run the import, I get
User cannot be found from <teacher's_name>
Parameter name: MainTeacher
Is this a problem with my AD connectivity (i.e. it can't connect to AD), or something else. I've tried various name formats, including the username, but get the same error.
2nd September 2013, 01:57 AM #15
The Notes field is what HAP+ uses to get Mr. N Brown from, for example. Put the staff names, as they match SIMS, into the AD notes fields and it should import correctly.
By notalot in forum Coding
Last Post: 9th June 2010, 06:14 PM
By thegandalf in forum Web Development
Last Post: 29th March 2010, 10:23 AM
By 01hanstu in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 5th March 2010, 10:33 PM
By Face-Man in forum Windows
Last Post: 27th November 2008, 12:48 PM
By kerlj001 in forum Web Development
Last Post: 22nd August 2008, 09:39 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)