+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, errors saving when on setup.aspx in Projects:; Question 1. When I click SAVE on the setup.aspx page, I get this error. A Error has occured: Error Saving ...

Thank Post

errors saving when on setup.aspx

Question 1. When I click SAVE on the setup.aspx page, I get this error.

A Error has occured: Error Saving the Configuration
    More... The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. Inaccessible logs: Security.

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration (String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly, Boolean wantToCreate) at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName, Boolean wantToCreate) at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source) at HAP.Web.Setup.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Question 2. How in the world do I begin to understand all the different options available under the Homepage tab and Bookings tab and My Files tab on the setup.aspx page? Nothing I have found so far shows WHAT this stuff actually DOES or any kind of help file. The documentation on the website on mentions how to install HAP, not how to configure it... or am I not seeing something obvious??

J

Thank Post
    1. Open the Registry Editor:
      1. Select Start then Run
      2. Enter regedt32 or regedit

2. Navigate/expand to the following key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Eventlog\Security
    3. Right click on this entry and select Permissions
    4. Add the IIS AppPool\HAP user

5. Give it Read permission

Thank Post
    Thanks, that helped. And for question #2 above, any response? Thanks.

Thank Post
    The homepage is separated into Groups, inside the groups are a collection of links. The setup page allows you to move things around, add/delete/edit links and groups. The other tabs control other parts of HAP+. The booking system tab controls the base part of the booking system, including resources to use. If you don't want to use the booking system or help desk you don't need to complete that tab.

Thank Post
    I have the same error when trying to save, I cannot add the IIS AppPool\HAP user to the registry as it does not show up when trying to add it, to add the HAP user to the folder I used icacls, is there a similar of doing this for the registry?

Thank Post
    When browsing for the user to use did you change the selector to this computer instead of the Domain.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your reply, yes I changed it to the local machine and then typed IIS AppPool\HAP I got the error to say there was no such user. This is the same as when I tried to add to folder security, the only way I could add it into the security on the folder was to use icacls from the command line, is there any way of doing this within the registry?

Thank Post
    You can try the IUsrs group, see if the app pools members of that.

Thank Post
    I will try it on Monday when I am back in work and let you know, thanks for the advice!

Thank Post
    Hi,

I have decided to install on a different server which is now our dedicated web server. I have followed the instructions for Installing on IIS 6, I become a bit suck at the certificate section having never used certificates in IIS before. First how do I get a certificate and second do I need 1 to 1 or many to 1 mappings??

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information