+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, [HAP+][v9.next] Suggestions in Projects:; Hi all, just thought I'd make this post for all of you looking for new features in HAP+. These are ...

Thank Post

Lightbulb [HAP+][v9.next] Suggestions

Hi all, just thought I'd make this post for all of you looking for new features in HAP+.

These are my current thoughts for a next version of HAP+:
    • Version 2 of the Windows 8 App
      • Rename
      • Move
      • Delete

• Version 1 of the Windows Phone 8 App (sorry it needs to be WP8)
    • Multi-tenancy
      • 1 HAP+ install Multiple configurations
      • If you have an AD covering a few schools then this will allow you to separate out as many or few sections are you want
      • e.g. School a) has a set of bookingsystem resources, and b) has a different set of resources
      • This would be an advanced, edit the raw config.xml files

• Removal of the .svg line in the web.config
    • Tidy up of the web.config file

If you guys can think of anything else, let me know
    Last edited by nickbro; 30th May 2013 at 07:29 PM.

Thank Post
    Some kind of server status / system notice board wold be great - especially as most people is hap to access RDC and they use it in windows where work may be planned...

Thank Post
    A quick option to add an image banner across the top for school branding. Does booking support allocating a certain number of computers? So for example 2 members of staff could share an IT room.

Thank Post
    @ragbuster that feature is available via the Alpha release here: Booking System: Split Resources

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattianuk View Post
    Some kind of server status / system notice board wold be great - especially as most people is hap to access RDC and they use it in windows where work may be planned...
    Can you expand a bit more on this? Are you after some more live tiles with server information or something else?

Thank Post
    Literally a page that pings certain servers/common school services, and allows a blog style update of events/ planned outages. Perhaps even allowing staff to get updates via email?

If you can create a live tile that links to it with a snapshot of info on it, all the better.

I know it's not what hap is built for, but fits in with the help desk side, and as I say, work here normally happens after school, when they are using HAP to access stuff.

Would be good if for internal access no login was required?

If you could link in a tile like you did the calendar for desktop as well... Well... Ideal (any network notices/outages) #pushingtheboundaries
    Last edited by mattianuk; 30th May 2013 at 08:13 PM.

Thank Post
    The live tiles support getting a servers uptime, I use it to get uptimes of all my servers.

For the coming events and planned outages, maybe use a shared exchange calendar, and use it that way, of sorts.

You can always make an aspx page and edit that yourself, reference the masterpage and your away.

I will add a page that shows a bit more info from an EWS calendar, that way you could write notes on a outage in a Calendar appointment, and have a live tile link to that page, how does that sound?

Thank Post
    Yeah, I use it, but its more for staff, I suppose a homepage section with all the servers on it would d a similar job apart from the announcement bit...

Thank Post
    @mattianuk try the attached update

The hapConfig.xml you will need to get it to work is:
    HTML Code:
    <Link name="Planned Maintenance" showto="Inherit" description="Planned Nework Maintenance" url="%owa url%" icon="~/images/icons/metro/applications/calendar.png" target="" type="exchange.calendarinfo:%emailaddress%" width="2" height="1" />
    I setup a equipment calendar called Network Maintenance (netmain)

In that calendar I then added the planned network maintenance.

Using EWS HAP+ queries OWA for planned maintenance.

The live tile shows the subjects and clicking on the tile will, instead of going to the url, will load a popup box showing the full messages from the server, with a button to Open the url that was hidden.

See what you think

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

Just a quick thought for future releases, would it be possible to have an option to allow more information to be saved to the SQL database like the web log can, for example, the booking and help desk, possibly even the HAP+ settings could be stored in a table too. Just an idea as I am not sure how easy this is to implement.

Thank Post
    For the hapSettings I cannot see a need for it, as the configuration in xml format is easily editable, and is heavily cached.

As for the other sections, once again having the data stored in XML allows me to quickly expand those sections without requiring update scripts to run against a SQL Table (which can cause issues). It also allows for people to edit the files quickly.

In all 3 cases, the xml files are heavily cached, and IO read/writes only take place when the application starts up or when a file is changed.

As long as the XML files are kept 'CLEAN' there wouldn't be a need to use SQL.

I don't know though, rewriting for SQL would be very time consuming, and wouldn't have any observable differences, from my prospective. Security isn't an issue as the only people who can write to the app_data folder is the IIS App Pool and Administrators. Passwords are encrypted in the configuration file, and one config file will not work on another server, as the password encryption uses machine specific data to ensure that it can't be read anywhere but the location that created it.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

That makes perfect sense, I didn't consider the idea much I was just thinking that the data would all be central in one DB and possibly quicker to access in the help desk instance if the file grew quite big. No worries and thanks for explaining.

Thank Post
    @nickbro Get 2 following errors - stops both the whole school calendar and this new one:

Method not found: 'Boolean HAP.Web.Configuration.SMTP.get_EWSUseEmailoverAN() '.

Thank Post
    Ah, grab the Alpha release from here and then update with what I attached: Booking System: Split Resources

Thank Post
    Thats got the whole school calendar working again - struggling still with the mailbox - get told The specified folder could not be found in the store., server logs show:

An error occurred in Home Access Plus+

Page: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices

Connection did not succeed. Try again later.

Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRespons eException: Connection did not succeed. Try again later.
    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRespons e.InternalThrowIfNecessary()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseS erviceRequest`1.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeServic e.FindAppointments(FolderId parentFolderId, CalendarView calendarView)
    at HAP.Web.LiveTiles.ExchangeConnector.AppointmentsIn foWeek(String mailbox)
    at SyncInvokeExchangeCalendarInfo(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.I nvoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process( Boolean isOperationContextSet)

at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRespons e.InternalThrowIfNecessary()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseS erviceRequest`1.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeServic e.FindAppointments(FolderId parentFolderId, CalendarView calendarView)
    at HAP.Web.LiveTiles.ExchangeConnector.AppointmentsIn foWeek(String mailbox)
    at SyncInvokeExchangeCalendarInfo(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.I nvoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process( Boolean isOperationContextSet)
    Have I set up the mailbox right? I just did a new equipment mailbox?
    Last edited by mattianuk; 31st May 2013 at 10:21 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast