+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Logout fails from booking and helpdesk in Projects:; Hi all, Whenever I try to logout from the booking or help desk screens HAP errors as shown below, has ...

Thank Post

Logout fails from booking and helpdesk

Hi all,

Whenever I try to logout from the booking or help desk screens HAP errors as shown below, has anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve it. I am currently using HAP 9.1.0501.

Server Error in '/hap' Application.

'userlist' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
    Parameter name: value

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'userlist' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
    Parameter name: value

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'userlist' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.Parameter name: value] System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.set_Selected Value(String value) +12499161 HAP.Web.BookingSystem._new.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2330 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Thank Post
    Hmm, that error is a very odd one. Do you domain admins sit in a OU that is processed by HAP+? I think this happens because of that not being the case

Thank Post
    Hi Nick

My domain admins sit in the Users OU created by windows, I have moved one of the accounts into a separate OU that I named Administrators and restarted IIS but this didn't make any difference. I have tested an account that isn't an Admin and HAP+ doesn't error when logging out.

Thank Post
    Now that I have had some spare time over the holidays I have manged to look into this further and have resolved it. For anyone else who has this issue here is what helped me:

Firstly, I had to move the domain admins from the users folder in AD as HAP+ doesn't process this folder, I created a new OU called Domain Admins and put them in there. Secondly I had to add the Domain Admins group to HAP+ in the "Active Directory User List OUs" Under the Active directory tab in the HAP+ setup.

I think in resolving this I may have found a small bug thought as my Domain Admin users didn't appear in the Assign To box under the helpdesk. I had to change the Full Name of my user in AD to the same as their login name as show in the picture below. Is there a way to resolve this one as all the staff appear in "Ticket for" drop down without having to change any AD information, it only appears to be an issue for admins?

Logout fails from booking and helpdesk-ad.png

Thank Post
    Ha! Brilliant! This has been bugging me for a while, but I figured what the hell, the logout error only happens to me.

I added the OU containing our IT staff to the OUs list like mentioned above and voila! The problem goes away!

Note: "Users" is a container, not an OU, so you probably want to move your user accounts out of there anyway (even if you do it just so you can apply GPOs because you can't apply GPOs to containers). For example, create an OU called "Domain Users" in AD Users and Computers, then move everyone into that. Leave all the built-in accounts where they are.

Code:
      <AD ... >
        <OUs>
          <OU name="IT Staff" path="LDAP://OU=Staff,OU=IT,OU=Domain Users,DC=example,DC=com" visibility="BookingSystem" />
          <OU name="HS Staff" path="LDAP://OU=Staff,OU=High School,OU=Domain Users,DC=example,DC=com" visibility="BookingSystem" />
          <OU name="MS Staff" path="LDAP://OU=Staff,OU=Middle School,OU=Domain Users,DC=example,DC=com" visibility="BookingSystem" />
          <OU name="ES Staff" path="LDAP://OU=Staff,OU=Elementary School,OU=Domain Users,DC=example,DC=com" visibility="BookingSystem" />
        </OUs>
      </AD>

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul-K View Post
    I think in resolving this I may have found a small bug thought as my Domain Admin users didn't appear in the Assign To box under the helpdesk. I had to change the Full Name of my user in AD to the same as their login name as show in the picture below. Is there a way to resolve this one as all the staff appear in "Ticket for" drop down without having to change any AD information, it only appears to be an issue for admins?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AD.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	20112
    @nickbro Is there a fix for this so the full name doesn't have to be the same as the username? It only seems to be an issue for Domain Admins and the assign to list. All staff users are pulled through correctly for other drop down lists even though the full name and usernames don't match for them in AD.

Thank Post
    The fix is to move the Domain Admins out of the Users folder into an OU that HAP+ can process, as described above

Thank Post
    @nickbro

The domain admins are not in the users container they are in an OU that HAP+ can process called "Domain Admins" but unless the username and full name matches in AD the users don't appear in the drop down for "assign to" in the help desk.

For example:

This will not appear in the drop down:

Full Name - John Smith
    First Name - John
    Surname - Smith
    Username - johns

But this will appear if the full name and username match:

Full Name - johns
    First Name - John
    Surname - Smith
    Username - johns

Sorry to be a pain Nick it's just my OCD bugging me as to why it will not accept the full name as all of my AD users have full names as this is how AD automatically creates users when you set them up, it's only the admins that are having this issue with the one "Assign To" drop down, my username appears in every other menu in HAP+ without the change.
    Last edited by Paul-K; 31st August 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Thank Post
    That shouldn't be happening, HAP+ doesn't look at the Full Name field, the Notes Field, Display Name and sAMAccountName.

Thank Post
    That's what I thought, Any ideas on what could be causing the unusual behavior on this one?

Thank Post
    None, if you have moved the users you need into an OU, and added that OU to the AD OU's in HAP+, and set the visibility to Both then it should be working.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread