I have been looking at using the HAP booking system as im looking at moving away from classroom bookings as this is now too basic for my requirements. I have heard there is an update but really not sure when this is going to happen so was looking to see what HAP would be able to offer.
Im having a few problems setting it up as i cannot get normal staff to use it, it keeps saying Error: Unauthorised Access. You have attempted to access a restricted resource. How do i get around this?
Also, what are staff allowed/not allowed to do? Are they able to delete other users bookings? Are admins able to set classes to end at a specific date such as when year 11 and Year 13 leave? Are staff able to leave notes on a booking so they can say how many students will be in the lesson so if another teacher needs an IT room and they have a small class, they too can share the room. Will HAP support SSO soon?
I guess im after the features of the HAP booking system.
One last thing, is it possible to change edit the logon page for HAP to include our school logo and possibly the name as if i plan to use the booking system, i would like the logon page to say booking system rather than access your school from home, if you can see where i am coming from.
1. You may need to open the ~/bookingsystem/web.config file and edit the users who can access it, you will also need to make sure that the teacher AD groups have been added to the showto of the resource
2. Unless they are booking system or resource admins, no.
3. Currently setting a static/timetabled lesson to end at a certain time isn't programmed, basically I just remove the bookings from when the time is right.
4. Currently not support out of the box
5. SSO is supported, the "Kerberos" SSO is what you want: https://hap.codeplex.com/wikipage?ti...ngTitle=Videos
6. The login page can be edited with notepad: ~/login.aspx, the logo and that are all changed in the ~/styles/basestyle.css file
Last edited by nickbro; 20th May 2013 at 09:16 AM.
So in the Show to, i just put Staff if thats the name of the OU? If not, what would be the string as it says Comma Seperated Usernames so i thought it needs to be all the users i would want to see the booking.
Coming back to the booking system, im still struggling to get the groups to work.
The user "TestUser" is a member of "Staff" which i have been putting into the Show To field of the individual rooms. Am i missing something here?
Also, moving away from the booking system, when i use the change password function to change the password of the test user, the password changes fine however i get an error SyntaxError.JSON.Parse: unexpected end of data. Is there a way to sort this?
I think ive got it working, plus the bookingsystem config i posted earlier was the wrong one. There is another thread on here which made me realise there is another config.xml file i need to edit.. Found it and it works now.