+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Upgraded now get error in Projects:; I recently upgraded to v9 and am now receiving this error: Server Error in '/hap' Application. Object reference not set ...

Thank Post

Upgraded now get error

I recently upgraded to v9 and am now receiving this error:

Server Error in '/hap' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.doUpgrade(Version version) +9258 HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig..ctor() +666 HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.get_Current() +135 HAP.Web.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +52 [HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCa lledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +4057733 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscripti onsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +191 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplica tionState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +352 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplic ationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +407 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeAppli cation(IntPtr appContext) +375 [HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContex t context) +11702064 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(Http Context context) +141 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationP rivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4870277

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Thank Post
    A few people are experiencing this error, the only real way to fix it is to delete your hapConfig.xml file and remake it using the setup.aspx page. I'll investigate why this would be happening

Thank Post
    Hmm, I tried editing my hapconfig.xml cause I was still getting errors, it seems adding height="1" width="1" to a lot of the homepage items fixes it up, a bit. Still wasn't working so I'm just going to stick with 8.7 for a while.

Thank Post
    Same problem here, have had to roll back to 8.7 as well, no matter what I do I cant get 9.0 or 9.1 to work.

Thank Post
    Is there any way you can do a fresh install, and after completing the setup then transferring parts of the hapConfig.xml file back into the file, being careful to look at any formatting or tag differences

Thank Post
    Tried a fresh install and setup again, as soon as I go onto the files page it fails.

Thank Post
    Hmm, odd, what error does it give you on the files page?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread