+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Kerberos authentication problem with Chrome in Projects:; Hey @ nickbro v9 is looking smart I have gone for the full Kerberos install and here is what i ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Kerberos authentication problem with Chrome

Hey @nickbro

v9 is looking smart

I have gone for the full Kerberos install and here is what i have so far:

Windows 7 / IE9

Windows 7 / Firefox v16

Windows 7 / Chrome v26
    • NTLM Authentication = Prompts for login but doesn't accept any credentials
    • Forms Login (via manually entering login.aspx URL) = WORKS

I can't make any progress on the Chrome thing. I've tried all sorts including all of the recommendations on HTTP authentication - The Chromium Projects.
    All i get is an "Authentication Required" pop-up pre-populated with username and password. I click "Log In" and the login prompt reloads. Whatever credentials i try, it doesnt progress. I notice on the Chromium link above, it says "Our portable NTLM code supports NTLMv1 only." Could this be at the heart of it?

Any thoughts or troubleshooting advice?

Cheers,
    Matt

Thank Post
    Ok, I'll have to disable Kerberos on Chrome as it doesn't support NTLMv2

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    cool

Did you notice the redirect issue above too? (the manual login link redirects to the root of the server rather than the root of the app directory (http://portal/ rather than http://portal/hap)..

Thanks again Nick

Thank Post
    Hmm, redirect issue, that's a new one it shouldn't do that.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    redirect issue is a bad explanation.. sorry.

The "Click Here" link currently is:
    https://URL.sch.uk/beta/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/&From=Negotiate
    and i think it should be
    https://URL.sch.uk/beta/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/beta&From=Negotiate

If that makes more sense?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Both appear fixed for me with that DLL update
    Chrome now goes direct to forms login.

There is a new error message however.. on clicking "My Files" whilst "Auto-logged-in" via IE9 instead of the reminder that it doesnt work and the click here to logon,
    i get:
    Code:
    Server Error in /beta Application
    Compilation Error
    An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
    CS0103: The name W8AppCap does not exist in the current context

Line 1373:	</hap:CompressJS>
    Line 1374:	<% if (FirstTime) { %> <script type="text/javascript">$(function () { $("#help").trigger("click"); });</script><%}  %>
    Line 1375:    <% if (W8AppCap) { %> <script type="text/javascript">$(function () { hap.help.Load("myfiles/w8app"); });</script><%}  %>
    Line 1376:</asp:Content>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\MyFiles\Default.aspx    Line: 1375
    Eventually, it might be work simply to redirect to the forms login if a user clicks "myfiles" whilst NTLM authenticated? People wouldn't think twice and wouldnt need to be informed of the reason.

Cheers again, will get on with testing the rest

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Issue 1
    (See post above) Actually, this is more serious.. it doesnt load even when logged in Same error.

Issue 2
    I get a "SyntaxError: Syntax error" when changing the text in the announcement and clicking save. I get this in both authentication models. (Though it does seem to save both the changed text and the state of the On/Off switch after a manual refresh)

Issue 3
    I have my "Help Desk Admins" group set to "Domain Admins", however, the "assign ticket to:" does not list all members (only 2 in fact)

Issue 4
    Archive Tickets functionality doesnt appear to work. I tried to archive everything between 1/1/2011 - 31/12/2011 (using the datepicker). It created the XML file (which had a header, but nothing else). Nothing else changes and i am returned to the open tickets page.

Issue 5
    Booking Laptops - There is a new "Headphones?" question.. but we don't provide headphones.. can this be made an optional question?

Issue 6
    Booking Laptops or Rooms - The disclaimer tickbox is visible though i dont have a disclaimer. If the disclaimer is empty, can the tickbox be hidden and not required?

Issue 7
    Clarification of the "Overview Calendar".. this is more calendar than overview now.. is this right? The old one used to display coloured blocks below, but now this just appears to be a datepicker (much like the one at the top left of the table..). Is this functioning as intended or have i somethign not loading?

That's it for now!

Matt

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    Both appear fixed for me with that DLL update
    Chrome now goes direct to forms login.

There is a new error message however.. on clicking "My Files" whilst "Auto-logged-in" via IE9 instead of the reminder that it doesnt work and the click here to logon,
    i get:
    Code:
    Server Error in /beta Application
    Compilation Error
    An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
    CS0103: The name W8AppCap does not exist in the current context

Line 1373:    </hap:CompressJS>
    Line 1374:    <% if (FirstTime) { %> <script type="text/javascript">$(function () { $("#help").trigger("click"); });</script><%}  %>
    Line 1375:    <% if (W8AppCap) { %> <script type="text/javascript">$(function () { hap.help.Load("myfiles/w8app"); });</script><%}  %>
    Line 1376:</asp:Content>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\MyFiles\Default.aspx    Line: 1375
    Eventually, it might be work simply to redirect to the forms login if a user clicks "myfiles" whilst NTLM authenticated? People wouldn't think twice and wouldnt need to be informed of the reason.

Cheers again, will get on with testing the rest
    Sorry about that, missed a checkin there, try downloading again, HAP.Web.dll is what you need

Thank Post
    Issue 1
    (See post above) Actually, this is more serious.. it doesnt load even when logged in Same error.

Issue 2
    I get a "SyntaxError: Syntax error" when changing the text in the announcement and clicking save. I get this in both authentication models. (Though it does seem to save both the changed text and the state of the On/Off switch after a manual refresh)

Issue 3
    I have my "Help Desk Admins" group set to "Domain Admins", however, the "assign ticket to:" does not list all members (only 2 in fact)

Issue 4
    Archive Tickets functionality doesnt appear to work. I tried to archive everything between 1/1/2011 - 31/12/2011 (using the datepicker). It created the XML file (which had a header, but nothing else). Nothing else changes and i am returned to the open tickets page.

Issue 5
    Booking Laptops - There is a new "Headphones?" question.. but we don't provide headphones.. can this be made an optional question?

Issue 6
    Booking Laptops or Rooms - The disclaimer tickbox is visible though i dont have a disclaimer. If the disclaimer is empty, can the tickbox be hidden and not required?

Issue 7
    Clarification of the "Overview Calendar".. this is more calendar than overview now.. is this right? The old one used to display coloured blocks below, but now this just appears to be a datepicker (much like the one at the top left of the table..). Is this functioning as intended or have i somethign not loading?

That's it for now!

Matt
    1) Fixed in latest release
    2) Don't know on that one, it should work
    3) It will only show those with email addresses, or should
    4) Odd, it worked for me last time I tried it
    5) Not currently
    6) I think the setup page isn't working quite right there, go into the hapConfig.xml and set it to false or empty, or make sure that the disclaimer textbox is blank
    7) The overview calendar shouldn't of changed, it should still be the old style overview calendar

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bit more info

Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    1) Fixed in latest release
    2) Don't know on that one, it should work
    3) It will only show those with email addresses, or should
    4) Odd, it worked for me last time I tried it
    5) Not currently
    6) I think the setup page isn't working quite right there, go into the hapConfig.xml and set it to false or empty, or make sure that the disclaimer textbox is blank
    7) The overview calendar shouldn't of changed, it should still be the old style overview calendar
    1> Confirmed fixed
    2> Firebug on Firefox says: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data - no element found:
    */(function(e,t){var n,r,i=typeof t,o=e.document,a=e.location,s=e.jQuery,u=e.$,l... / jquery.min.js (line 3, col 1)
    3> Yep, not showing my colleague who definitely has an email address.. cant see any firebug type errors
    4> Just tried again and no firebug errors BUT i tried same process for 2012 and that worked.. is it possibly because my 2011 is a partial year and im trying to archive from a start date before the first ticket?
    5>
    6> It doesnt appear to have added anything..
    <resource name="Atari" type="Room" admins="" enabled="True" emailadmins="True" enablecharging="False" showto="All" hidefrom="" years="A Year,I Year,E Year,Lower 6th,Upper 6th" quantities="" readonlyto="" readwriteto="" multilessonto="None" />
    7> Old on right, new on left..

Kerberos authentication problem with Chrome-calendar.png

Thank Post
    2) Can you tell me want was posted to the api and what came back in firebug, should be some tabs in the request
    3) Odd one, the user also needs to be in an OU set in the HAPConfig for HelpDesk visibility
    4) Could be, FAQ's and Open ticket's aren't archived
    6) Ok, that's correct, odd that's it's showing up, it shouldn't be
    7) It is working on my version, ah, it's referencing an old css file that was based in the bookingsystem folder, rather than the styles folder, will correct now, expect a re-release soon

Thank Post
    For 7) Can you get the Tuesday Release (release at 6pm), it should fix it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    2) Can you tell me want was posted to the api and what came back in firebug, should be some tabs in the request
    3) Odd one, the user also needs to be in an OU set in the HAPConfig for HelpDesk visibility
    4) Could be, FAQ's and Open ticket's aren't archived
    6) Ok, that's correct, odd that's it's showing up, it shouldn't be
    7) It is working on my version, ah, it's referencing an old css file that was based in the bookingsystem folder, rather than the styles folder, will correct now, expect a re-release soon
    allrighty

1> Fixed
    2> erm.... I'll try.... (highlighted the actual text i wrote in red)
    Under "Post" tab, i get Source:
    Code:
    { "content": "%3Cfont%20face%3D%22Courier%20New%22%3E-Some-Text-Here-%3Cbr%3E%3C/font%3E", "show": "false" }
    Under "XML" tab, i get
    Code:
    XML Parsing Error: no element found Location: moz-nullprincipal:{17ac4274-01ee-4dda-b43d-406b1ec7e47c} Line Number 1, Column 1:
    I even tried manually scrubbing the Announcement.xml but i get the same error
    3> I seem to have this working, but i'm certain there is a bug in there somewhere. I moved one account out of the OU and the missing one appears now.. I moved the 3rd one back in and all 3 now show.. (albeit the third does not have the long form of the name in brackets - i.e. "mrg (Matt Grimley)" is mine, "Supervisor" is the other one - it does have a firstname and lastname.. either way, mine is now working, so further info will be hard to come by
    4> Fairly certain that it doesnt like a start date prior to first existing ticket (i was only checking the "Closed tickets")
    5> Can i borrow some headphones?
    6> Confirmed that it is still showing.. This will probably be a pain as it will prevent people booking without ticking the box.. Screenie attached:
    Kerberos authentication problem with Chrome-booking-form.png
    7> Fixed with the latest download

Cheers Nick

Thank Post
    Try v9.0.1, this should fix most of the issues. It's visual studio playing up on my work pc, it's not downloading all the changes to all the dlls.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Issue 1> FIXED
    Issue 2> FIXED
    Issue 3> WORKED AROUND - No longer an issue for me
    Issue 4> WORKED AROUND - Archiving from a date prior to first ticket seems to not archive anything
    Issue 5> Setting type to Laptops presumes headphones available
    Issue 6> FIXED
    Issue 7> FIXED

Looking good to me Might put it on live site later
    Thanks V Much for your hard work Nick (and Paul) - We at Freman love your stuff!

16. Thanks to mattgrimley from:

nickbro (24th April 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread