+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP Hangs on Login for all users in Projects:; Hello, upgrading the old 7.1 to 8.7 on a new 2008 R2 server and run into some problems. I've been ...

Thank Post

HAP Hangs on Login for all users

Hello, upgrading the old 7.1 to 8.7 on a new 2008 R2 server and run into some problems. I've been through setup and added all the info and even got the directory browser to work eventually but whenever I try and log in HAP just hangs. I've setup the login tracker to SQL mode and its registering my login in the HAP database but the webpage isn't loading. I've tried removing the my files and adding only the my documents one back in and various things but no luck so far. I've checked the new servers local security policy and 'users' is in the allow local logins section and isn't in the deny section. this is failing on normal users, admin users and domain admin users. any ideas of what I've missed? this is the same either direct on the server or on client machines - there isn't an error just a generic time out error after about 5 minutes. same on IE10, FF, Chrome and Opera. oddly firefox 19.0.0.2 is displaying a minimalist style. fine in all other browsers though? thanks, toby

Thank Post
    Hmm, odd that it isn't loading. If firefox is displaying it but without style, then you need to open the web.config file and remove the .svg mime map reference.

Check the application event log on the server to see if there is any issue being logged.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick, thanks for the speedy reply. the SVG line is the one with the comment saying sometimes this needs to be removed right? it caused initial problems so was removed. a force refresh and its display in FF properly now. always the simple things. anyway, event logs on the server. the application event logs:
    Home Access Plus+ Info
    Page: HAP+ Logon
    Home Access Plus+ Logon
    Username: #myusername#

Nothing else, there are some other unrelated errors occurring at another time so maybe IIS is in a state. i'll trying adding 7.1 onto this server and seeing if it'll run that should rule out some of IIS being broken.
    thanks
    toby

Thank Post
    Ok, give that a try. It may be the proxy configuration in IE that stops it from working, maybe.

Thank Post
    Ni Nick, Yes old HAP 7.1 log in an behaves as normal. any ideas what I should be looking for between the time its run the SQL to update the database and returning the home page? when I first tried this on the old server (regular 2008 - couldn't see the IIS application ID user) I had problems with the security event log so gave up - is there anything I need to look at in r2?

Thank Post
    It's very odd that it's not working. Have you tried running a clean install of v8 on that server, to see if it's a configuration issue?

Thank Post
    hmm not yet, i'll try an older build from codeplex and see what happens.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick, v8.0 logs in no problems just running with a minimal setup (AD, home path files). got upset over the svg MIME mapping but after removing that it runs fine. any big changes between 8.0 and 8.7 in the hap.config file?

Thank Post
    Nope, not in the web.config.

Thank Post
    I've tried 8.6 and apart from a few glitches probably caused by too much moving things about and not enough setting up permissions. it also logs in fine? seems bizarre that 8.7 is not playing. are there any specifics in the hapconfig file that have changed that might be causing problems on my system?

Thank Post
    The main change in v8.7 was recursive AD group lookups. Also when logging in, HAP+ caches all the groups your user is in.

Thank Post
    Hmm, our AD setup is pretty interesting. wouldn't be surprised if somewhere we had a recursive hole that's upset HAP. i'll see what it thinks of a generic single group user. EDIT: yes it quite likes the SharePoint user profile account (just a domain user nothing else). ok i'll just use 8.6, be easier than trying to dig up the compost heap that is AD here. thanks for your help and for HAP
    Last edited by tobyd; 28th March 2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: update

Thank Post
    You should be able to use the v8.6 HAP.AD dll in the v8.7 HAP install. v9 will have the option to turn recursive lookups on and off

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread