+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Error after installing V8.7 in Projects:; I was running an much older version without any problems. I wasnt sure how to upgrade so I downloaded the ...

Thank Post

Error after installing V8.7

I was running an much older version without any problems. I wasnt sure how to upgrade so I downloaded the full package and pasted its contents into my hap folder. The login screen comes up fine and staff can login but when they click the my files button I get an error

Code:
    Server Error in '/hap' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'HAP.Web.mycomputer'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Title="Crickhowell High School - IT - Extranet - My Computer" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="mycomputer.aspx.cs" Inherits="HAP.Web.mycomputer" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %>
    Line 3:  <%@ Register Src="~/Controls/NewFolder.ascx" TagName="NewFolder" TagPrefix="hap" %>

Source File: /hap/mycomputer.aspx    Line: 1 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    I cant understand why its looking for mycomputer as that isnt a file in hap8. the setup page loads fine and everything looks ok in there.

Thank Post
    Ok did a fresh install and it seems to be all sorted. However when I click my files now there are no drives showing? Ive added %homedir% on the setup page.

Thank Post
    Check that you set ReadTo and WriteTo on that drive, leaving it blank can cause this issue. If in doubt, ReadTo="All" and WriteTo="All"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by safcphil View Post
    I was running an much older version without any problems. I wasnt sure how to upgrade so I downloaded the full package and pasted its contents into my hap folder. The login screen comes up fine and staff can login but when they click the my files button I get an error

Code:
    Server Error in '/hap' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'HAP.Web.mycomputer'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Title="Crickhowell High School - IT - Extranet - My Computer" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="mycomputer.aspx.cs" Inherits="HAP.Web.mycomputer" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %>
    Line 3:  <%@ Register Src="~/Controls/NewFolder.ascx" TagName="NewFolder" TagPrefix="hap" %>

Source File: /hap/mycomputer.aspx    Line: 1 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    I cant understand why its looking for mycomputer as that isnt a file in hap8. the setup page loads fine and everything looks ok in there.
    MyComputer.aspx no longer exists since version 8

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Check that you set ReadTo and WriteTo on that drive, leaving it blank can cause this issue. If in doubt, ReadTo="All" and WriteTo="All"
    I tried that but it wont save. I cant make any changes to that mapped drive now it puts an error up saying

Code:
    The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter HAP.Web.API:drive. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type System.String. The token ':' was expected but found ','.'. Please see InnerException for more details.
    when I try to delete it

and

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

when I try to edit
    Last edited by safcphil; 28th February 2013 at 11:09 AM.

Thank Post
    I reinstalled and put in all my settings again. This time I made sure I added All permissions to the mapped drives and it works perfectly now. Thanks Nick

Thank Post
    No problem, sorry I didn't respond sooner, was in timetable meetings all afternoon, only just got home

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread