+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Student access to MyFiles Error - Caused by disallowed Concurrent Logins? in Projects:; Got a strange one, and not sure if it is related to our students being restricted to single instance login, ...

Thank Post

Student access to MyFiles Error - Caused by disallowed Concurrent Logins?

Got a strange one, and not sure if it is related to our students being restricted to single instance login, when they log into HAP+ and go into MyFiles when they are logged into a school computer they get a warning and no drives, the warning logs this in the server Event Log:

An error occurred in Home Access Plus+

Page: HAP.AD

Something is wrong

System.Exception: Something is wrong
    at HAP.AD.User.ImpersonateContained()
    at HAP.MyFiles.API.Drives()
    at SyncInvokeDrives(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.I nvoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process( Boolean isOperationContextSet)

at HAP.AD.User.ImpersonateContained()
    at HAP.MyFiles.API.Drives()
    at SyncInvokeDrives(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.I nvoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process( Boolean isOperationContextSet)

I am waiting to hear if it occurs to them when accessing it from home, or only when they are already logged onto a computer in school (which would actually not be a problem beyond our initial introduction to HAP+ as they are not likely to need it in school where they have the same drives mapped on the computer anyway)!

Just wondering if anyone else had experience of this?
    Thanks
    Guy

Thank Post
    Odd, that shouldn't do that. Are you sure that all users have local logon rights to the server your running HAP+ from?

Thank Post
    Don't think a student user should be able to login to the server, so is that what is causing the error?

Thank Post
    yep, most of use run HAP+ on a web/remote access member server to avoid compromising and dc or valuable server

Thank Post
    I only wish I had a spare server to do this on, will have to build something up and test it.
    Thanks

Thank Post
    No virtual server? Windows Server 2008 R2 standard comes 1 virtual OS cal as well for hyper-v

Thank Post
    I wish, my servers are all still 2003, as my predecessor spent stupid amounts on physical servers only two years ago and they have 2003 on as RM didn't support 2008 on CC4 at the time!

I think I have found it out though, looked at my test student user that it appeared ok for, and a user it didn't and the difference was membership of the CC4 EasyLink Users Security Group, so I've added that (thought they all had it anyway) and will see if that then works.

Many Thanks for your continued support with this.
    Guy

Thank Post
    The group membership was the fix, so all working good now
    Thanks
    Guy

Thank Post
    Good to hear

10. Thanks to nickbro from:

gomalley (1st March 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread