Hi All,
I'm wondering if you can help me out on this. I've spent more than a couple of weeks, on and off, banging my head off a brick wall on the setup of this application (v8.7 - The latest release). Every time I go through the setup, which completes successfully, and get the login page coming up, no matter what login I use, be it my own, the domain administrator account, a test staff account, or even a test pupil account, the page just sits trying to connect for a while, then refreshes back to requesting a login. On checking the event viewer on the IIS server itself, I always get the following errors for every attempted login:

In the Application Log:

Event 1000: Application Error
Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 7.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e023cf, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e0379e, exception code 0xc00000fd, fault offset 0x0000c7b8, process id 0x%9, application start time 0x%10.

Event 1027: .NET Runtime
Application: w3wp.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to stack overflow.

In the System Log:

Event 5010: WAS
A process serving application pool 'HAP' failed to respond to a ping. The process id was '2160'.

Looking up on the web (And on this site, but if I've missed a post, forgive me, as I may have been putting in the wrong search terms), for the System Log WAS error, the only solutions to tracing where the problem resides within the web application was to setup debug stack traces, and a programmer I am not, so even although I could do this, the output probably wouldn't mean much to me, and certainly, even if I'd gotten that far, writing a patch solution to something is deffo right out my league. VBScript and Powershell? Yes. .NET C#? No.

On the errors that present themselves in the Application Log, most solutions revolved around re-installing IIS, to which I've done. Several times.

I've also tried the application on IIS7 (2008 32 and 64 bit) and IIS7.5 (2008R2), and all give the exact same result.

Apart from the OS, the setup was done as put on the videos, and in the documentation: IIS, .NET4.0 (Full, not client), and obviously an AD domain (currently at 2003 forest and domain levels). The 2008 IIS server is a domain member, but not a DC. I've checked, double checked, and triple checked all folder permissions, went through the V7 video tutorial, and the V8 beta video tutorial, quadruple checked the documentation, and everything checks out, and the setup, as I said, works perfectly.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.