+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Slow Log-On Time in Projects:; Hey there, I have noticed there is quite a lag in logging on HAP+. I have tried it in-house so ...

Thank Post

Slow Log-On Time

Hey there,

I have noticed there is quite a lag in logging on HAP+. I have tried it in-house so there shouldn't be any latency issues.

Here is a screencast of the log-on time. Once the user logs in, logs back out, then logs back in, the log in time is greatly reduced. Any ideas on how to make the log-in process a bit quicker?

NOTE: The error that pops up at the end is not related, it is to do with mapped drives. It takes the same amount of time to log-on regardless of this error.

Screenr - britzj2: Slow log on time with Home Access Plus+

Thanks!

Thank Post
    HAP+ will cache the user's roles, and that can be time consuming, if your server doesn't have the processing power. If you login and monitor the CPU via task manager you should see that the local ad cache service does a fair bit when you log in for the first time. Once the user roles are loaded into cache, HAP+ will keep them there for 20 minutes after the last activity of that user.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    HAP+ will cache the user's roles, and that can be time consuming, if your server doesn't have the processing power. If you login and monitor the CPU via task manager you should see that the local ad cache service does a fair bit when you log in for the first time. Once the user roles are loaded into cache, HAP+ will keep them there for 20 minutes after the last activity of that user.
    Is there any way to keep the caches on the server (for like a week or month)? Or give the ad cache higher priority?

Thank Post
    Not at present, as the cache is a memory cache, not a database cache, so when you restart the server/iis/app pool the cache gets reset.

The best bet is to monitor CPU usage and spot the spike when it loads the group information for a user. This is due to the parsing of nested AD groups. If you want, for v9 I can add a setting in the HAP+ config to bypass nested lookups

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread