+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Download files to Android in Projects:; Hi We have download and installed HAP+ 8.7 and works brilliantly - (thanks Nick) The only issue we have come ...

Thank Post

Download files to Android

Hi

We have download and installed HAP+ 8.7 and works brilliantly - (thanks Nick)

The only issue we have come across so far is when trying to download files to Android devices.

Upload is fine, but when downloading the device appears to start downloading but never completes then eventually says 'Download Unsuccessful'

Any ideas ?

Rod

Thank Post
    Not sure if you've looked, but if you go to the browser, then menu and choose downloads - it will give you a list of your download history and status. On some devices and android versions (such as the SGS2 on 4.0) it will give an error such as memory full or connection lost. It might be a vague error messgae but could point you in the right direction.

Failing that have you tried a good old fashioned restart? My android devices sometimes have download troubles and this seems to do the job - not quite sure what causes it though.

Thank Post
    I've tried on a few different devices including Google Nexus, HTC DHD and Samsung Galaxy Note - all with the same problem.

The Note was brand new out of the box yesterday and the first thing I tried was downloading through HAP.

iPad / iPhones work with no probelms, as do Windows PCs and Macs

Thank Post
    I've never used Home Access unfortunately but it doesn't sound like it's a problem with that if it works for everything else.

Have you tried using Firefox or Chrome for android instead of the standard broswer? The standard browser is ok but I've found that Firefox and Chrome tend to work better (firefox especially).

Thank Post
    Using Chrome on my HTC Sensation a .doc and .pdf files download as .bin files

Thank Post
    fails on my Huawei u9200 on ICS, no error message in alogcat, just download unsuccessful

Thank Post
    Just installed HAP version 8.7 today got to say great all round software it would be perfect if it wasn't for this small problem with Android devices downloading files. @nickbro do you have any ideas if you will have time to get this working or anything I can try to get it working now? Thanks Chris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread