+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Illegal characters in path message during file upload in Projects:; Hi, Using HAP+ 8.6. When using MyFiles, users can browse all paths successfully. If, however, a user tries to upload ...

Thank Post

Illegal characters in path message during file upload

Hi,

Using HAP+ 8.6.

When using MyFiles, users can browse all paths successfully. If, however, a user tries to upload to a remote path that contains an ampersand in the remote pathname (e.g. "Art & Design") then the upload fails with the message below. Downloads are not affected - it appears to be upload operations only.

Thanks,
    Moby.

Server Error in '/hap' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Illegal characters in path.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.]
    System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path) +142
    System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2) +38
    HAP.Web.UploadH.uploadbtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in n:\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CHS Extranet\HAP.Web\UploadH.aspx.cs:108
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +154
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
    Last edited by mobybrick; 10th January 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Anyone? This appears to be a reproduceable problem.

Ta
    Moby

Thank Post
    Sorry wrong post. I will investigate a fix for this.

Which upload agent are you using? HTML5 or the old HTML uploader (1 upload box or 5)?
    Last edited by nickbro; 12th January 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Thank Post
    Ok, I think I've found the issue will be fixed in the next release, hopefully later today.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

Sorry to report, but this is still happening. IE9, so HTML uploader. With the 8.7 code. Note how the apersand is replaced to |26 in the browser bar.

The upload path was ../testhap/myfiles/#G\2012-2013\DEPARTMENTS - FACULTIES\DESIGN FACULTY\Design |26 Technology\Food\New folder

Server Error in '/testhap' Application.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

HAP.Web.UploadH.uploadbtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +934
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Thank Post
    Can you try the attached dll and report if it fixes it

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 975 Posts
    @nickbro - appologies in advance if this is of no relevance or help at all, if it is not then can a mod please delete this comment if required

On the "Security" tab in the "Internet Properties" control panel there is a button to customise the security level for whichever zone is selected there. Clicking that gives you another dialogue box with a list of options. Roughly halfway down that list there is an option for "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server". If that's disabled for the relevant zone (whatever zone IE says it's using when you're using your app), try enabling it.

Just wondering if this helps at all ( obviously depends on version of IE ) Think this setting is for IE 8, not sure if this setting exists in IE 9 or other versions of IE

Just a shot in the dark / thought that may or may not help

Thank Post
    Don't believe the local path is anything to do with it - the local path is C:\

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

Tried the DLL - thanks - but no joy:

Server Error in '/testhap' Application.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

HAP.Web.UploadH.uploadbtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +934

Thank Post
    Ok, I'll have to have another look when I get home tonight, see if I can get some more information outputted when you go on that page

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

I've never been able to build HAP at home, but if I build a quick test app then any call to Path.Combine will cause an exception if " |26 " is in the string. Why |26 is/may be in the string I don't know apart from the fact it obviously takes the place of the ampersand.

The line
    string path = Server.UrlDecode(Request.QueryString["path"].Remove(0, 1).Replace('^', '&'));

could be replaced by
    string path = Server.UrlDecode(Request.QueryString["path"].Remove(0, 1).Replace('^', '&').Replace("|26", "&&");

but I don't know what other problems that might introduce. Nor why one should have to fudge around it anyway! Anyway, it case it helps.... thanks for looking at this...

Regards
    Moby.

Thank Post
    Doh, I'd added it to the load function but not the upload button function

the script is

Code:
    string path = Server.UrlDecode(Request.QueryString["path"].Remove(0, 1).Replace('^', '&').Replace("|", "%"));
    Can you try this one next, otherwise I'll have to go back to the drawing board and see what else I've missed

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

I'll try this tomorrow as soon as I get a chance

Thanks,
    Moby

Thank Post
    thanks let me know, it should work as it's the same code as the html5 upload script

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

Sorry for the delay in responding - couldn't try anything yesterday due to a project.

The last web.dll fix does indeed correct the problem with the upload issue. Thanks again!

Moby

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread