+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, High CPU Util in Projects:; First off, Happy New Year! Every couple of weeks, I'm getting consistently high CPU utilisation on my HAP server (which ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

High CPU Util

First off, Happy New Year!

Every couple of weeks, I'm getting consistently high CPU utilisation on my HAP server (which is a dedicated SQL / IIS Virtual Machine)..

A supervisor login will spike the CPU at 100% for about 10 seconds and it doesn't really drop much below 80 for another 10-20. After that it will settle around 60 - 65%. Multiple logins will often result in time-outs (never seen one personally, but had several reports from teachers - normally in the helpdesk).

The server is a virtual machine assigned 4Gb Ram and a dedicated dual-core processor running on a high spec physical box with dual hexacore cpu's. Don't know the clock-speed offhand, but its ample.

Resource Monitor points to LSASS.exe and W3WP.exe. LSASS.exe appears to be related to getting security info from the domain, so i presume Windows uses this to provide info to HAP?

Load is relatively low at the moment, I've had 33 login's in the past 4 hours.

Any thoughts? Restarting the IIS Process clears it and it wont be a problem again for a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
    Matt

Thank Post
    Hi

Try disabling inexing service. How To Disable Indexing Service In Windows 7, Xp & Vista

Richard

Thank Post
    Very odd, ours has quite a lot of usage and does RDP sessions and it's CPU never goes above 20%, dual core with 8gb RAM

Thank Post
    Hmm it does seem to actually cause some load but no where near as much as you report. I'll see if I can add some more caching within the membership and my files providers

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    thanks for the responses.. my day got derailed so i didn't get back to this thread till now but I will check both those links tomorrow @ricki
    @nickbro There is definitely a spike at login time.. but i don't think that is the problem.. i clearly have some sort of memory leak underneath this, perhaps those links will help me narrow it down a bit further

(hmm, i seem to remember reducing the poll time on the server tiles (i have 12) - i haven't re-done this since the last raft of upgrades, so i'll start there!)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread