+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Issues with Help Desk in Projects:; Nick and others, I just started playing around with the help desk portion of HAP, and ran into some issues ...

Thank Post

Issues with Help Desk

Nick and others,

I just started playing around with the help desk portion of HAP, and ran into some issues with it. I am able to create a new ticket as a teacher, but when I go to close the ticket as an admin, I get the following message:

"String was not recognized as a valid DateTime."

I installed firebug to see what was going on, and I get two error messages: 405 Method Not Allowed, and 400 An WCF Error has Occured

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
    <title>405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.</title>
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;}
    fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;} 
    h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}
    h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;} 
    h3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;} 
    #header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;
    background-color:#555555;}
    #content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}
    .content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}
    -->
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="header"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>
    <div id="content">
     <div class="content-container"><fieldset>
      <h2>405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.</h2>
      <h3>The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access.</h3>
     </fieldset></div>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
    and

Code:
    {"Message":"String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.","Detail":null,"FaultType":"FormatException"}
    I looked on the forum and saw this post

String was not recognized as a valid DateTime

but couldn't find the ".formatDate('d MM yy', curdate)" to take out in the ~HelpDesk/default.aspx. I wasn't sure if this was referring to an older version of HAP, and this line may not be in this version (8.6) or if I just missed it.

The ticket never closes out, and if I choose to logout with that ticket open, it then throws up this error:
    Code:
    Server Error in '/HAPTEST' Application.
    'userlist' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
    Parameter name: value
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'userlist' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
    Parameter name: value

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'userlist' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
    Parameter name: value]
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.set_SelectedValue(String value) +3192331
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
    Sorry for the big strings of code. I am running IIS 7.5 on Server 2008 R2 with HAP version 8.6.1213.1220. I am using https with a self-signed ssl certificate (for now, just for testing). I am not sure if it is something stupid I did, or because I am in the U.S. and the locale for HAP is GB, or something else completely different.

Thanks!

Thank Post
    You may need to force asp.net into en-GB mode: How to: Set the Culture and UI Culture for ASP.NET Web Page Globalization

Thank Post
    Nick,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. We were on Holiday Break for 2 weeks, and today is our first day back. I went ahead and forced asp.net into en-GB by adding in the culture and ui-culture settings into the web.config file. That fixed the "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime."

I was still getting the 405 Method Not Allowed error, but after some googling, I was able to find a fix. It seems that webdav publishing can cause some conflicts with the http verbs (PUT in this case). We had webdav publishing installed on the same server from when we were looking at another product that required webdav. I removed it and it worked. The tickets closed out fine. If anyone else runs into this, removing webdav fixed it for us.

Thanks!

Thank Post
    You should be able to get away with setting the webdav module for IIS to disabled for the HAP application, if you need webdav on the same server

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread