+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Drive Mappings, ZIP/UNZIP, and Updating Questions in Projects:; Nick, Just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for creating this awesome piece of software. We were ...

Thank Post

Drive Mappings, ZIP/UNZIP, and Updating Questions

Nick,

Just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for creating this awesome piece of software. We were about ready to pull the trigger on HTTP Commander when I found HAP+. We love the interface, and it has way more features than HTTP Commander. We did have a couple of questions regarding the Drive Mapping and the Zip/Unzip features.

Drive Mapping: In Active Directory, it is possible to map the same drive letter to different people, but have the drive letter point to different locations, depending on the person logged in. We have four buildings, and for our staff, their building's Staff Shared Drive is mapped as S:\. So when someone from the High School logs in, the High School Staff Shared Directory is mapped to Drive S. When someone from the Middle School logs in, the Middle School Staff Shared Directory is Mapped to drive S. We do it this way so that it is universal for our teachers, and if we ever put anything out on the Staff shared, we can say, "Go to your S:\ Drive." We also do this because our secretaries will sometimes fill in for each other if needed and that way it is the same for their shared drives as well. Is it possible in HAP to have the same drive letter mapped to different people and point to different places? I tried adding the same drive letter into the hapconfig file, but when I logged into the web interface, it said, "An item with the same key has already been added." I was trying to make it the same as their drive mappings when they log in here at school.

ZIP/UNZIP - Is there a way to remove this from the My Files page, both from the top toolbar, and the right-click menu. I thought that maybe it is just a matter of editing of the Default.aspx file in the My Files Folder, but haven't tried it yet. I took a look at that file and thought that if I remove lines 56 and 57, and also 136-214, but wasn't sure if that would screw anything else up.

Updating Process: I'm running version 8.1.1003, and as I understand it, to update I just need to copy the files over. I have made a lot of customization changes to HAP (changing the colors and changing icons, mostly). Will these customization changes get overwritten? I know that it is kind of hard to say without knowing what all I changed.

Thanks again for an awesome product.

Thank Post
    The drive letter has to be unique at the moment, so the drive mapping question can't be done.

ZIP/UNZIP - You would need to remove/hide the context menu item for zip (should be near the top of the default.aspx page, in a <li>, same for unzip) You may then want to add style="display: none!important" to the zip/unzip toolbar buttons.

This leaves the javascript code untouched.

To update, you download the update zip and overwrite the files, it just has the files that have changed.

Thank Post
    Nick,

Can you clarify where I need to add the style="display: none!important". I was able to remove them from the context menu, but wasn't sure where I need to add in the style line. I think that it is in this section:

$("#toolbar-unzip").animate({ width: 0 }, { duration: 500, complete: function() { $("#toolbar-unzip").css("display", "none") } }).click(function () {
    $("#progressstatus").dialog({ autoOpen: true, modal: true, title: hap.common.getLocal("myfiles/unzip/unzipping") + ": " + SelectedItems()[0].Data.Name });
    $("#progressstatus .progress").progressbar({ value: 10 });
    UnZip();
    return false;
    });
    $("#toolbar-zip").animate({ width: 0 }, { duration: 500, complete: function() { $("#toolbar-zip").css("display", "none") } }).click(function () {
    $("#zipquestion").dialog({ autoOpen: true, modal: true, buttons: {
    "ZIP": function() {
    $(this).dialog("close");
    $("#progressstatus").dialog({ autoOpen: true, modal: true, title: hap.common.getLocal("myfiles/zip/zipping") + " 1 " + hap.common.getLocal("of") + " " + SelectedItems().length + " " + hap.common.getLocal("items") });
    $("#progressstatus .progress").progressbar({ value: 1 });
    Zip(curpath + "\\" + $("#zipfilename").val() + ".zip", 0);
    }, "Close": function() { $(this).dialog("close"); } }
    });
    $("#zipfilename").val(SelectedItems()[0].Data.Name).focus();
    return false;
    });

But I am definitely not sure on where in the code I should I add this or even if this is the right place in the default.aspx.

Thanks for your help

Thank Post
    HTML Code:
     <a href="#" id="toolbar-zip"><hap:LocalResource runat="server" StringPath="myfiles/zip/zip" /></a>
                <a href="#" id="toolbar-unzip"><hap:LocalResource runat="server" StringPath="myfiles/unzip/unzip" /></a>
    Those 2 <a> links

and these 2 <li> tags

HTML Code:
     <li id="con-unzip"><hap:LocalResource ID="LocalResource1" StringPath="myfiles/unzip/unzip" runat="server" /></li>
                <li id="con-zip"><hap:LocalResource ID="LocalResource2" StringPath="myfiles/zip/zip" runat="server" /></li>

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

We'd second the ability to have different drive letter mappings for different groups of users ;-)) - when you get a chance that is!

Thanks
    Moby

Thank Post
    In the meantime, although I'm sure its not supportable, you can have two different alternative mappings on one drive letter by having an uppercase and lowercase version...

Moby

Thank Post
    It'll create them, but it shouldn't work, as HAP+ only works in upper case for drive letters and it should covert them at run time

Thank Post
    Nick,

Thanks again for your help. At first I couldn't find those lines of code in my Default.aspx file, but thought you might be referring to the newest version of HAP (I was running 8.1), and since I've been meaning to update anyway, I went ahead an updated, and founds those lines with no problems. I was a little nervous about updating since I am new to HAP+ and this was my first time updating. It did change some of the customizations that I had made, but it didn't take me long to change them back after updating.

Just wanted to say Thanks!

Thank Post
    Good to hear that all went well. Upgrading has been made easier over the last few releases thanks to a new configuration system and upgrade scripts built into the web.configuration dll.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread