+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Some 8.1 bugs in Projects:; Hey @ nickbro V8.1 installed and looking sweet - nice job! I notice in firebug that i am getting an ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Some 8.1 bugs

Hey @nickbro
    V8.1 installed and looking sweet - nice job!

1. I notice in firebug that i am getting an error on the login.aspx and the homepage. I cant see any impact from it, so it may well be passive.. but here goes anyway:
      TypeError: Modernizr.prefixed is not a function
      Code:
      ...a + '")' }) + ");return n}")(r, b.frag) } function q(a) { a || (a = b); var c = ...
      modernizer.js (line 4)
    2. Firefox / Chrome and IE9 have stoppeddisplaying the slide-menu icon for me.. Firebug shows several of the "GET" commands seeming to not complete.. i presume something has crashed serverside? (The GET commands which are still "whirring" are /livetiles/me (x2), exchange/unread, appointments and all my server "uptimes"
      A server reboot (or probably even a service restart - though i didnt test that) seems to resolve it, but this has happened twice.
      I do have a lot of icons which may be unusual (load-wise) - I just added 28x printer shortcuts - This may only happen if i am logged in as administrator in more than one simultaneous session?
    3. The " 2012 nb dev" text is overlapping the "Login" button on both IOS Safari and a resized ie9 window
    4. Having a large number of icons results in a "scroll bar" on the slide-menu. As the slide-menu is fixed width, this scroll-bar obscures icons down the right hand side
    5. As hinted at in a different thread, icons in "Details" view in Chrome have smaller icons that they should (Firefox and ie9 look normal)
    6. The "Helpdesk" livetile shows my outstanding list of jobs on a staff login....

That's it for now

I might make this live in a bit.. it certainly seems up-to-scratch on my test system!

Thanks again,
    Matt
    Last edited by mattgrimley; 3rd October 2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added an item

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I added an item on the end - Staff users see my information on the helpdesk livetile.. is that intended?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    Hey @nickbro
    V8.1 installed and looking sweet - nice job!

1. I notice in firebug that i am getting an error on the login.aspx and the homepage. I cant see any impact from it, so it may well be passive.. but here goes anyway:
      TypeError: Modernizr.prefixed is not a function
      Code:
      ...a + '")' }) + ");return n}")(r, b.frag) } function q(a) { a || (a = b); var c = ...
      modernizer.js (line 4)
    2. Firefox / Chrome and IE9 have stoppeddisplaying the slide-menu icon for me.. Firebug shows several of the "GET" commands seeming to not complete.. i presume something has crashed serverside? (The GET commands which are still "whirring" are /livetiles/me (x2), exchange/unread, appointments and all my server "uptimes"
      A server reboot (or probably even a service restart - though i didnt test that) seems to resolve it, but this has happened twice.
      I do have a lot of icons which may be unusual (load-wise) - I just added 28x printer shortcuts - This may only happen if i am logged in as administrator in more than one simultaneous session?
    3. The " 2012 nb dev" text is overlapping the "Login" button on both IOS Safari and a resized ie9 window
    4. Having a large number of icons results in a "scroll bar" on the slide-menu. As the slide-menu is fixed width, this scroll-bar obscures icons down the right hand side
    5. As hinted at in a different thread, icons in "Details" view in Chrome have smaller icons that they should (Firefox and ie9 look normal)
    6. The "Helpdesk" livetile shows my outstanding list of jobs on a staff login....

That's it for now

I might make this live in a bit.. it certainly seems up-to-scratch on my test system!

Thanks again,
    Matt

1. You can ignore the modernizr error
    2. That's odd, I can't replicate that error with my installs
    3. I'll add some CSS to hopefully fix that
    4. I'll add some css to fix that
    5. I'll see what I can do on that one
    6. I'll fix that

4. Thanks to nickbro from:

mattgrimley (3rd October 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ignore <2> for now - it has happened a couple of times and i think it might be load related.. but i wanted to write it down while it was in my head.. I'll troubleshoot more in due course. I have however changed the timeout on my server uptimes to be 1 minute - this might have quite a big impact.. we'll see

The other stuff sounds fab

I do however have one more error to add to the list:

7. the email generated for a ticket "update" has markup displayed.. but ONLY the update emails. The original email may say "It had been repatched", but the update will display "It+had+been+repatched"..

I can't see where that is coming from, but i assume its something in the newusernote.htm?

Also, i just noticed that the Ticket Updates now contain the entire history! Fab - that's really really nice! Thanks!!

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by mattgrimley; 4th October 2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added a line

Thank Post
    Hope I'm ok to tag on to this?
    If I as an admin book a room that works but when i try to delete the booking I get an error "Method not Allowed"

I have noticed that when i go to remove the booking the message seems slightly wrong like this...

"Are you sure you want to remove
    Year7 english in/with U40 during P 3"

Thank Post
    Which version of IIS are you using? It may not like the DELETE/PUT Method

8. Thanks to nickbro from:

reggiep (4th October 2012)

Thank Post
    IIS7 at the moment.

Thank Post
    That's odd as it supports allowing the client scripts to set that. Do you have an ISA server infront of it?

Is anything getting logged in the event viewer on the server

Thank Post
    No ISA, and I can't find anything in the usual event logs such as application or system!

Thank Post
    It will let me delete static bookings by the way!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi @nickbro

Sorry to repeat this, but the thread got a little hijacked immediately after i posted this, so im not sure if you saw it.. It's playing a bit of havock with getting people to respond to questions

7. the email generated for a ticket "update" has markup displayed.. but ONLY the update emails. The original email may say "It had been repatched", but the update will display "It+had+been+repatched"..
    I can't see where that is coming from, but i assume its something in the newusernote.htm?

Also, i just noticed that the Ticket Updates now contain the entire history! Fab - that's really really nice! Thanks!!
    Cheers,
    Matt

Thank Post
    Hi @nickbro

Sorry to repeat this, but the thread got a little hijacked immediately after i posted this, so im not sure if you saw it.. It's playing a bit of havock with getting people to respond to questions

Cheers,
    Matt
    Who updates? Admin or Other User?

Thank Post
    Ok @mattgrimley try this attached dll

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for this Nick, i'll need to look into it tomorrow as Virgin are mucking around with my internet something rotten!
    For clarity, the times i've seen it happen is when I (admin) update a ticket - the email it sends to the end user shows up like that.

Thanks again Will let you know!

Thank Post
    I think I've fixed it, I've done some more decoding to hopefully sort it out

18. Thanks to nickbro from:

mattgrimley (10th October 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast