+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP Installation issues - Application Pool Identity & Authentication in Projects:; Hi Guys. Just trying to install the latest V8 of HAP alongside the version we currently use V5.4.4 (I know ...

Thank Post

HAP Installation issues - Application Pool Identity & Authentication

Hi Guys. Just trying to install the latest V8 of HAP alongside the version we currently use V5.4.4 (I know I'm year's behind!), and I'm having a few issues trying to sort it out. (a Server 2008 box running IIS7)

Trying to follow the install video for V7 (presuming that it is basically the same as that for V8) and I'm a bit confused!

Problem 1

I've unpacked the files in to a folder called hap in the wwwroot (V5.4.4 is in a folder called extranet). And I've created an Application Pool called HAP, using Net Framework 4 and Integrated Pipeline. I'm then supposed to right-click the HAP application pool choose advanced settings, and under Process Model change the Identity to be ApplicationPoolIdentity .... but the only choices I have are NetworkService, LocalService or LocalSystem. How do I get it to add ApplicationPoolIdentity?

For the moment I've kept it as NetworkService as that is what my V5 install is set as.

Problem 2

I've altered the Security settings on the items in the hap folder so that Domain Admins and SYSTEM have full access and I've managed to get the relevant access for the IIS AppPool/Hap user (by using the icacls command in the stickies). I then, in IIS, converted the hap site to an application (selecting the hap AppPool), however when I know click on the IIS Authentication I get an error as follows:

" There was an error while performing this operation.

Details:

Filename: \\?\?C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hap\web.config
    Line number:248
    Error: The configuration section 'standardEndpoints' cannot be read because it is a missing section declaration"

If I click OK to get rid of the error, the status of all the authentication methods is stuck at Retrieving Status.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
    Adrian

(PS. ITs probably me just being thick... its quite a while since I did the original setup of V5 of HAP, but didn't really have any problems with it then.... I'm blaming it on me getting older and forgetting things!)

Thank Post
    Has .net 4 installed correctly? Have you set the app pool to use .net 4? It's odd that you can't set the app to run as HAP+, are you using 2008 R2?

Try removing the svg line in the web.config

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Has .net 4 installed correctly? Have you set the app pool to use .net 4? It's odd that you can't set the app to run as HAP+, are you using 2008 R2?

Try removing the svg line in the web.config
    Hi Nick

I presume .net4 is fine because it is running HAP+ V5.4.4 on the same box without a problem. Yes the HAP app pool is set to use .net 4 and integrated pipeline.

Its Server 2008 32bit (not R2)

The only lines in the web.config I can see that have svg in them are:

<mimeMap fileExtension=".svg" mimeType="images/svg+xml" />
    <mimeMap fileExtension=".svgz" mimeType="images/svg+xml" />

are they what you mean?

Thank Post
    Just the first line, give that a shot.

Thank Post
    Hi,

I am having the exact same symptoms also with a 2008 (not r2) x64 server. Did you ever get it resolved? I tried deleting <mimeMap fileExtension=".svg" mimeType="images/svg+xml" /> from the web.config file but that only made the error report the problem on line 247 instead of 248.

Did you ever get the problem resolved?

Thanks

Matt

Thank Post
    did you install dotnet4 before or after iis? if before reinstall dotnet 4 (full not client) if not might be worth a try anyway

Thank Post
    Reinstalled .NEt 4 from the link in the documentation. Had previosuly installed .net full redist. Didnt make any difference.

I got past the error by removing the standardEndpoints section from the web.config entirely. Unfortunately I now have a problem. I cant get certificate to install. Wish there was a guide for doing this with version 8 on IIS 7. I was following the video tutorial which doesnt mention SSL certificates any where. I started follwoing the documentation pdf but thats for IIS6. I tired to import a SSL cert I got from startSSL.com but IIS 7 said the certificate cannot be used.

This is giving me a headache.....
    Last edited by Matt-IT; 7th December 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Thank Post
    standardEndpoints is required, please don't remove it! There must be something wrong with your IIS/ASP.net installation as it should work.

Can you check to make sure that all windows updates have been installed.

That the IIS Application Pool (HAP) is set to asp.net 4 manage pipeline mode

Thank Post
    I having same issue with 8.6 on 2K8 R2 server and IIS 7, I trying to do new install, added net 4 full, but when I get to the step to enable forms and anonyomous authentication when I open the Authentication option I get an error ........
    FileName: \\?\c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualDirectories\80\w eb.config
    line number 25
    there is a duplicate system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptresourcehandler' section defined ??
    (Note) its in a virtual directory, I dont need to have anything in the web config file thats in the wwwroot directory or anything do I ??
    Last edited by bungalowbill; 10th January 2013 at 03:44 AM.

Thank Post
    HAP+ wont work in a virtual directory it needs to be an application, sub directory converted to an application, as per the documentation/videos

Thank Post
    ok ..thanks for the quick reply Nick, guess I'll have to wait till I build the SP 2013 site then...
    P.S Doesnt Sharepoint by default create a new websites in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualdirectories location unless you go and mess with it to tell it an alternate path, so for people using SP there not going to be able to use this app without moving or messing with there SP site ??
    Last edited by bungalowbill; 10th January 2013 at 10:30 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread