Home Access Plus+ Thread, [HAP+][v8.1] - Feature Requests in Projects:; Hi all,
I'm currently in the planning stages of HAP+ v8.1. For new HAP+ admins: This will be a point ...
11th September 2012, 10:39 PM #1
[HAP+][v8.x] - Feature Requests
I'm currently in the planning stages of HAP+ v8.1. For new HAP+ admins: This will be a point release and basically contain bug fixes, and a few new features (think of a Windows Service Pack).
I'm open to any feature requests for v8.1, but be aware of the statement above about it being a point release.
Currently on the books are:
Last edited by nickbro; 2nd October 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Thanks to nickbro from:
mattgrimley (12th September 2012)
12th September 2012, 01:38 PM #2
Thanks for item 3
I'm very interested in the "homework" features and wondering what sort of features you envisage.. Is it something that "might" make an appearance in some form for 8.1?
I dont ask for much do i?!
12th September 2012, 03:12 PM #3
Homework is actually already in v8, it's just hidden.
14th September 2012, 03:31 AM #4
- Rep Power
Firstly v8.0 is awesome - very happy with it!
In the "Me" section you can update your password, it it possible to have it so that users can update their other details as well such as surname or contact phone number, or a secondary email address and have that replicate to AD?
Maybe a password reset function on the login screen that sends a generic password to the secondary email address as well listed in the above request.
The other request I had from a teacher was WebDAV integration (with the same url as what HAP uses), but i think Skydrive might be a better option anyway. If its unbelievably easy to implement then maybe its an option.
14th September 2012, 04:01 AM #5
- Rep Power
right click and print button in the myfiles area and a scrolling twitter feed as well.
Last edited by awarfield; 14th September 2012 at 04:12 AM.
17th September 2012, 10:00 PM #6
18th September 2012, 11:38 AM #7
Not a bug, but a feature request - on the booking system - could we set it so we can have like a live tile interface to click through to different areas booking sheets? For example we could have one for IT rooms, one for other rooms, one for equipment and one for laptop trolleys - because at the moment it is all one one page and huuuge.
18th September 2012, 04:03 PM #8
Originally Posted by mattianuk
+1 for this, i remember in earlier versions - we had a dropdown to filter the grid...
18th September 2012, 04:53 PM #9
I'll see what I can do on that one. maybe something using url rewriting /bookingsystem/%resourcetype%/
That way you have the full booking system, but you can limit it to what you want to see
3 Thanks to nickbro:
mattianuk (18th September 2012), TechieWils (18th September 2012), TheScarfedOne (20th September 2012)
25th September 2012, 10:11 AM #10
A "Today" (or daily) printable sheet, which can be used by techs or teachers for each room or overall for the system would be nice
25th September 2012, 11:55 AM #11
Navigate to /hap/bookingsystem/resource/display
You can use that page for a screen or something
Resource1-Resource2 will give you a side by side view
26th September 2012, 08:08 PM #12
Couldn't get the side by side to work, but the other single version is ok. It's case sensitive too, for those who give this a go. Ay chance of integrating this better, like a Daily Summary view?
1st October 2012, 12:09 PM #13
A couple of items (the first two are moved from a different thread):
- FAQ Related: Could i request the option to create a new ticket as an FAQ (just a tickbox on the create ticket page if you are an admin)?
- FAQ Related: Can i also request that FAQ's load all of their note data (including updates) into the text box for editing purposes? (It would be nice to be able to tidy up the original ticket information and remove "updates" to keep the FAQ's clean).
- Server Tiles: Can we reduce the refresh on the server uptime tiles? Judging by firebug, it is constant - might be nice to reduce it to one request per minute (and remove the seconds from the time). No specific problems with it, but i figure that page doing less would be a good thing!
- Time-Outs: Can the helpdesk page (and possibly other pages) have a check for session-time-out's built in? If i have left the site open in a browser window, i might click on "New Ticket" and it allows me to enter all my details and click "File Ticket" before ultimately loosing my submitted information. The same would apply when clicking on a ticket in order to write an update etc. Alternatively a background time out with some sort of full screen light-box affair saying Session timed-out, click to login again might be a way..
- Booking Restrictions: I have a bunch of departmental laptop trolleys which are only shown to selected teachers (using showto="username,user2,etc"). These users are still restricted by the global booking limits. Can you think of an acceptable way to allow those users unlimited bookings on those resources? (Possibly a usemaxbookingsperweek="true"/"false" applied to the room definition? When booking on other rooms, HAP would need to ignore bookings made on these resources..
That's all i got!
2nd October 2012, 09:38 PM #14
for number 3, search the hap.web.js.js file for
Change the number at the end 5000ms = 5s
setTimeout("hap.livetiles.UpdateUptime('" + this.tile + "', '" + this.server + "');", 5000);
2nd October 2012, 09:39 PM #15
Hi all, due to some bugs in the v8 release, v8.1 will be coming out tonight with bug fixes, this thread is now for v8.x feature requests.
By nickbro in forum Home Access Plus+
Last Post: 17th September 2012, 04:15 PM
By nickbro in forum Home Access Plus+
Last Post: 22nd July 2012, 07:41 PM
By fafster in forum EduSweep
Last Post: 7th January 2010, 01:42 AM
By Duke in forum Hardware
Last Post: 2nd October 2009, 01:45 PM
By russdev in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
Last Post: 15th January 2006, 09:59 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)