+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, remote apps not working in Projects:; I have added a folder "rdweb" and added my remote app rdp files, I have tested my remote apps and ...
    Thank Post

remote apps not working

I have added a folder "rdweb" and added my remote app rdp files, I have tested my remote apps and they work outside of HAP. However when I click on the remote apps link I get

Code:
    403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Here are the parts of my config file that I have changed

Code:
    <Links>
          <Group name="Resources" showto="All" subtitle="">
            <Link name="Me" showto="Inherit" description="About Me and Change My Password" url="#me" icon="~/images/icons/metro/folders-os/UserNo-Frame.png" target="" type="me" />
            <Link name="My Files" showto="Inherit" description="Access your School My Files" url="~/myfiles/" icon="~/images/icons/metro/folders-os/DocumentsFolder.png" target="" type="myfiles" />
            <Link name="Remote Apps" showto="Inherit" description="Run School Applications at Home via School" url="~/rdweb/" icon="~/images/icons/metro/applications/remotedesktop.png" target="" type="remapps"/>
            <Link name="Emails" showto="Inherit" description="Access Outlook Web App" url="https://mail.school.uk/owa/" icon="~/images/icons/metro/Office-15/outlook.png" target="" type="exchange.unread" />
            <Link name="Calendar" showto="Inherit" description="My Calendar" url="https://mail.school.uk/owa/" icon="~/images/icons/metro/applications/calendar.png" target="" type="exchange.appointments" />
          </Group>

Code:
    <Group name="remapps" showto="All" subtitle="">
            <Link name="Sims.Net" showto="Inherit" description="Sims.net" url="~/rdweb/simsload.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/metro/Other/shortcuts.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Microsoft Word" showto="Inherit" description="Microsoft Word 2010" url="~/rdweb/word.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/metro/Office-15/word.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Microsoft Excel" showto="Inherit" description="Microsoft Excel 2010" url="~/rdweb/excel.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/metro/Office-15/excel.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Microsoft Access" showto="Inherit" description="Microsoft Access 2010" url="~/rdweb/msaccess.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/metro/Office-15/access.png" target="" />
    	<Link name="Microsoft Publisher" showto="Inherit" description="Microsoft Publisher 2010" url="~/rdweb/mspub.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/metro/Office-15/publisher.png" target="" />
    	<Link name="Microsoft Powerpoint" showto="Inherit" description="Microsoft Powerpoint 2010" url="~/rdweb/powerpoint.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/metro/Office-15/powerpoint.png" target="" />
    	<Link name="Surelab EngraveLab" showto="Inherit" description="Surelab EngraveLab 8" url="~/rdweb/cadlink.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/metro/other/shortcuts.png" target="" />
          </Group>

Thank Post
    You may need to add the MIME type to IIS so it knows to handle rdp files

Thank Post
    Hi Nick I have done that I found a post quite a way back that you mentioned to do that.

extension .rdp
    MIME type application/rdp
    entry type Local

Thank Post
    Ok, did you put the rdp files into a folder called rdweb inside the HAP folder or is it in the rdweb folder at the root of the server. If the latter you need to use /rdweb/ instead of ~/rdweb/

~/ stands for application root, e.g. /hap/

Thank Post
    the rdweb folder is at the root of the HAP structure.
    I have managed to move a little forward (I think) I now get a "save as" box when I click on the word link.

Thank Post
    That's a positive step, that's what it should do, if you do open it should then start to launch the rdp connection.

Thank Post
    This is what happens when I click on the RDP link. Is this the way it works? you have to save the rdp shortcut? you can't click on a link on the site and open the ap that way.

remote apps not working-untitled.jpg

Thank Post
    You need to encode your RDP gateway into the RDP files, so that it connects via the RDP Gateway

Thank Post
    ok thanks I will look into that tomorrow

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread