I've had this with a dwl2000 ap+ It was part of a wireless bridge that ran 24hrs a day for 5 years it started getting really unstable and the caps across the power supply input were obviously expanded, an upgrade of the caps (upped to 25v from 16v, when the PSU was poking out 15v, despite being rated at 12v!) fixed the problem for another 2 years!
removed my caps, c907 was 466uf and C908 was 412uf the coil inbetween has a cloudy solder joint so I touched him too. C908 is low but I'm not sure it was low enough to cause failure?
We have thousands of these in the field and I have repaired many. I have a recent write up I did displaying which caps need replaced. Post 15 is correct. My word document also contains a link where you can purchase these for .25 each or less in bulk. I fixed 7 just two days ago and will do another 30+ hopefully tomorrow. Total repair time is 10 to 15 minutes each at a cost of approx .75 per unit. This cost includes two caps, solder and butane.
PM me if you would like a copy of my word file.
For those who have emailed me for my little write up I have included a link to dropbox where you should be able to get this on your own. If for some reason it does not work just message me and I will get it to you.
If this was successful for you please let me know.
Originally Posted by spdy330