WOL Working on Acer Power F6s
Thanks to Cools' post I've managed to get the WOL functionality working on our Acer Power F6s. I've placed instructions below but I also plan on writing a more graphical helpsheet for this which I'll host on my site when I get a chance.
(Tested with Windows XP and the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E gigabit adapter)
* Open computer management (right click my computer and click manage or Start > Run > compmgmt.msc > OK
* Open Device manager
* Expand Network adapters
* Right click the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E gigabit ethernet controller and click Properties
* Click the Advanced tab
* Make the following changes in the list:
- Wake up capabilities - set this to magic packet
- Wake up from shutdown - set this to on
* Click the Power Management tab
* Untick all boxes on that tab so the network card is not turned off.
* OK all dialog boxes to save.
The network card will reset so there will be a brief interruption to network connectivity.
On my setup I didn't need to enter the BIOS to adjust anything.
Then, record your MAC addresses and away you go :)
Thanks for all the help!