Problem Axis 210 Camera
I have an Axis 210 camera in one particular room which stopped working during half term.
I've just got round to trying to fix it, so I've:
- Moved its port in the network switch - no joy
- Moved it into another room - worked OK
- Checked the CAT5e cabling - all connected OK
- Tried another camera in the same room - no joy
- Tried another device in the camera switch port - OK
is it a Power over Ethernet camera, or does it use a seperate Power Supply?
with PoE I've found it can be very finicky about working if there is the slightest problem with the cable - even if other devices work okay.
In summary - try re-patching the cable
Thanks Chris, unfortunately it's not POE, and I have swopped it with a similar camera in another room, and it works fine in there.
It would be a heck of a thing to do, but do you think it might be worth trying to move the mains transformer into the room where it fails?
sounds like its either the power supply then, or the network cable - try changeing the PSU, and directly connecting to the camera with a laptop or such like.