The following is a summary of the approach to be taken by the project (which commenced on November 23rd)
1. Establish contact list and circulate information about the project, collect
sample whiteboard materials.
2. Devise an outline file specification, with features that are common to
whiteboard applications and yet sufficiently rich to enable content to be
useful to teachers. Test sample content against outline file format.
3. Circulate outline file format and gather feedback from whiteboard
application publishers, content publishers and other interested parties.
4. Devise a detailed file specification and supporting documentation.
5. Develop and test the library code, associated documentation and support materials, with appropriate open-source licence. The library will be C code and written for cross platform support.
6. Develop and test the java viewer application with appropriate open-source licence. The viewer will render files in common file format, and will allow on- screen manipulation, but will not enable editing or saving of files.
7. Provide limited technical support for publishers to integrate the library code into their own applications