+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Projectors and Widescreen Laptops/Tablets in Technical; Hi, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem... More and more laptops are coming out with Widescreen ...

Thank Post

Projectors and Widescreen Laptops/Tablets

Hi,

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem...

More and more laptops are coming out with Widescreen displays and projectors don't support this resolution.

What are others doing to avoid this problem. It's going to be very expensive to replace all the projectors around the school.

This is my problem... About 18 months ago we purchased 55 Tablet PC's for staff to use, and kitted out every classroom with a projector. We also purchased for every room a Level 1 Wireless Projector Server (WPG-1000), whcih basically allows you to connect to the projector wirelessly and it also acts as an access point to the school network.

The problem now is that the WPG-1000 firmware will not support a resolution above 1024 x 768 and they have no intention of updating the firmware to allow it to do so. So I'm stuck, we are wanting to purchase more Tablet PCs that will work with our setup and i'm finding it more and more difficult to do so.

I don't think it's going to be as simple as putting in place a new projector into a classroom, as the way it is at the moment, staff can use the equipment in any classroom they use.

Help is needed!!!!

Thanks

Matt

Thank Post

Re: Projectors and Widescreen Laptops/Tablets

Just to add... I spoke to Level1 about this problem and they told me they had no intention of fixing the problem as they had stopped selling as many of the units... and I said, well maybe because the reason why you have stopped selling them could well be because they don't work with the new style Widescreen display, and if they did then maybe they would start selling more of them again!!!

Level One - WPG-1000 Homepage

Matt

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread