+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hardware Thread, Cases for school computers in Technical; I really must start checking edugeek more. mATX cases to look at Chieftec Uni series CHIEFTEC | UNI series they've ...
    Thank Post
    I really must start checking edugeek more.

mATX cases to look at
    Chieftec Uni series CHIEFTEC | UNI series they've changed the design recently they are not quite as solid as they used to be. you can stand on the older ones without doing any serious damage, they are all 0.8mm steel separate internal frame and panels.
    The newer ones have gone down the route many case manufactures do thinner steel, 0.6mm, folded construction to return some of the strength lost through thinner steel used.
    They are still pretty good and robust, just more flex in the panels don't think I'd trust one enough to stand on it, on the plus side they are much lighter, easier to work in and take stnadard ATX psu's now (the older ones used slightly shorter than normal ATX psu's)

InWin EM series, this has been replaced by the Z series, but the EM is definitely a better case ::::::::::IN WIN:::::::::: all the different model are just different front bezels, internal frame is the same on all the EM series.

Have a look at the fractal design core 1000 Core 1000 - Fractal Design not sure how solid they'd be for a school environment but they are one of the best low cost retail mATX cases around atm.

quietpchas got some in at 21.84 ex vat http://www.quietpc.com/products/pc-cases/fd-core-1000
    Last edited by RobG; 31st May 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I do like that Fractal design case, it came up during a lot of our searches. No good for our needs unfortunately (needs to be a slim desktop style thing ala the RM G series) but I may use it as a new favourite for personal friends builds

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Slightly bigger but similar to that fractal one is the Antec 300 Gamers case.

Ben

Thank Post
    Ahh ok I missed that, have you looked at the coolermaster elite 360? it can actually take a full atx motherboard in a smaller form factor, it's done by moving the psu to the front, does reduce hard drive bay spaces but do you need ore than one in a school pc/ heck most home p's don't ether.
    Elite 360 - Cooler Master
    We've got a load of the viglen genie ultra small's that cases are really quite nice, I've poked around in them, the stands that hold both case and screen are nice, you can get them without the stand, but I don't think they sell the cases separately

We've also got a load of pc's built in the HEC/compucase 8K07's 8K Series mini-ITX Chassis::HEC COMPUCASE Enterprise Co., Ltd mini-ITX not mATX but they are good for small form factor cases.

PS the fractal design 1000 is great as long as you don't want it for gaming it's just too small to fit 120mm fan based tower cooling in it and long graphics cards cause issues with the hard drive mounting system, look at the Fractal design ARC mini or silverstone TJ08e instead those are probably the best two cases on the market for packing a ton of stuff into an mATX case.

Slightly bigger but similar to that fractal one is the Antec 300 Gamers case
    the 300 is a Full ATX mid tower
    gamer 300, 458mm high, 465mm long, 205mm wide
    core 1000, 355mm high, 420mm, long, 175mm wide
    Last edited by RobG; 31st May 2012 at 04:47 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234