+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hardware Thread, ICT Suite PCs in Technical; Looking at PCs for the summer to replace ICT suite of 25, so far thinking of HP DC6200: Quad i5 ...

Thank Post

ICT Suite PCs

Looking at PCs for the summer to replace ICT suite of 25, so far thinking of HP DC6200:

Quad i5 2400 (3.1ghz)
    4gb RAM
    500gb HDD

Branded 22 LCD

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sorry but what's the question your asking please?

Thank Post
    Meant to ask what hardware others were buying.

Thank Post
    Why not consider Very Pc? Very good kit and you can personalise the front. There are a few posts on here that will tell you all about them. Let me know if you need a quote or any info

Thanks

rad
    Thank Post
    What are they been used for? Ict, media, languages etc

Thank Post
    We bought HP 6900s 3 years ago and they have been very reliable. The biggest problem is the height adjusting screen pulls the power lead out of the socket, which is beyond most of our ICT teachers to fix. Constantly reconnecting the lead is causing the monitor sockets to wear. I've not had to change any yet but it's not far off that time.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,648 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    We bought HP 6900s 3 years ago and they have been very reliable. The biggest problem is the height adjusting screen pulls the power lead out of the socket, which is beyond most of our ICT teachers to fix. Constantly reconnecting the lead is causing the monitor sockets to wear. I've not had to change any yet but it's not far off that time.
    This is a problem we have too on our DC7800s with the USFF monitor/stand - it is the design of the socket on the monitor - it is too shallow for the lead.

We're looking at Viglen PCs for our place.

Thank Post
    We always use to use Viglen but after a heap of trouble with batch faults on HDDs and PSUs we moved away. That said, the Viglen rep is coming to see me next week.

Thank Post
    Using them for media, languages, ict. Was looking at the DC8200 with 3 year warranty but DC6200 comes with a 1yr warranty and better pricce. The all in one stand/monitor bumps the price up to much. So looking at either a USDT or SFF and a branded monitor.

What resellers do you use?

Bev

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Our monitors are screwed on to the desk lids, so this was a massive problem for me (8 screws just to push a monitor cable back in).
    I ended up buying some cables that have a little clip on them so they can't fall out, and fingers crossed, it hasn't happened since.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eben View Post
    Looking at PCs for the summer to replace ICT suite of 25, so far thinking of HP DC6200:

Quad i5 2400 (3.1ghz)
    4gb RAM
    500gb HDD

Branded 22 LCD
    That is exactly what I have just, well will be when the OGC (forgot its new name!) has ended its RFx deal, but they are looking VERY tasty machines as is the pricing on them Got them with 5 year on-site warrantys as well for a song

Thank Post
    who are OGC?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eben View Post

Quad i5 2400 (3.1ghz)
    4gb RAM
    500gb HDD

Branded 22 LCD
    Personally I would dump the 500Gb HDD drop to Core i3 HT and get an SSD inside the thing get better performance out of the SSD + I3 then you would out of the I5 and HDD.

HDD's are just old school in todays market for desktops IMHO unless you need huge amounts of storage which i doubt in a network.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demont View Post
    who are OGC?
    Office of Government Commerce AKA Government Procurement Service Savings for the Nation | Government Procurement Service

Allows you to access Public Sector Frameworks, which are all pre-tendered and in a lot of LA's allows you to spend a LOT of moeny without any futher quotes / using the quote system on GPS to do mini-quotes within a pre-set framework. It saves no end of time and hassle and paperwork and pricing is great with it. Some of the big names, such as Insight, Misco and Stone are on the CITHS Framework (a framework that the site is responsible for) and may already supply you goods via it without you realising it, but using these frameworks is a great thing to do but so many don't bother with it. The frameworks have yet to be beaten and in my last use, for a number of Casio Projectors, the pricing ranged from a non-framework supplier being nearly £1200 on the order more than the framework and some surprising suppliers came up trumps with the pricing. Certainly well worth a look, although I do admit the new system for doing a quote isn't as good as the old one its far too long winded but the user manual is good

About us | Government Procurement Service - for more details about them.

Thank Post
    We have been using Stone computers for the last 3 years without problems. This time I might even look at the Lenovo all in ones. We did have HP7800's but within a week the 3.5" drive covers were being removed as where the badges and the room looked a mess.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast