+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP 1300 printer problems in Technical; There is a printer in our school where when you print more than one page it prints on the same ...

Thank Post

HP 1300 printer problems

There is a printer in our school where when you print more than one page it prints on the same page. So if you had a 5 page document it will print all 5 on top of each other I was wondering if there was any way of sorting this issue out.

Thank Post

Re: HP 1300 printer problems

We're having the same problem! With both a 1300 and an 1150!

I assume its a new driver thats causing problems, as we recently changed the print server and I downloaded all new drivers. One of the affected printers is a network one which now uses that driver, the other is a teachers laptop which has just been set up, so again used the new driver

Ive tried using the old circa 2004 driver but the problem persists. (EDIT: scratch that, I forgot. The old one did stop the problem but introduced a new one, the printer would only print the first page, however long he document was) When I can get into the office later Im going to try completly wiping every printer driver from the machine and trying the old one again

I just cant believe a company would release a driver that is just so hopelessly broken! Unless its a recent Windows update that is conflicting with it maybe?

Thank Post

Re: HP 1300 printer problems

Right just been looking on the HP support forums and apparantly its a well know problem, so why they havent done anything about it is a mystery. There is a Driver Update from Windows Update that causes this

From what Ive read, any of these solutions will work:

- Go to Printer properties, Advanced and untick 'Enable advanced printing features. However if there is a duplex unit attached you will lose the ability to use it. That does not affect us however

- Find the PCL6 driver for the printer. Apparantly you need to Google it because HP dont have it on their site

- Use the built in Windows driver for the laserjet 1200

Thats what Im going to try in that order, as soon as I can get in the locked office

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread